www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index www.schlopstakovich.com
The Only Online Schlop Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oscar Talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Motion Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pawn
Almost Cool Enough to Talk to Schlop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Oscar Talk Reply with quote

Guys- I heard John Stewart is gonna host the Oscars! That'll be
hysterical!
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

That's weird Pawn, because I heard that Jon Stewart would be hosting the Oscars...

He's a funny guy, but I think he gets a bit nervous for these shows - he hosted the Grammys or the Emmys or the Schloppys or something a few years ago. He's too afraid to make mean jokes about any of the stars - like last year when Chris Rock made fun of Jude Law and then Sean Penn got angry and tried to defend him - leading to a classic SNL sketch 'The Sean Penn Roast Show'. Unfortunately Jon wont be mean to people in person - as evidenced by his behavior when having Santorum or O'Reilly as guests on TDS (short for The Daily Show).

You guys should post your Oscar picks! Personally I can't believe that Grizzly Man got shut out from even having a chance to be nominated. Is there no justice for bears in Hollywood? Is it just because the bears ate the main character? Typical...
Nibs
TOASTY Bean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Oh My Reply with quote

Have they announced the nominees yet?
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Shnoods here Reply with quote

Not yet, I think just the films that are possible to be nominated - I'm not sure exactly how they come up with these lists and why Grizzly Man was shut out.
Snuffles
Bean Worthy of Good Food Stuffs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: A few thoughts Reply with quote

I don't really watch a lot of movies, but I was talking to Duddles today and he was talking about the Oscars (among other things) and I thought I should post what he said here since he was going to take a long nap and was too sleepy to post himself.

Anyhoo, he said that he was hoping March of the Penguins would win because it had a lot of penguins, and he misses his penguin friends from the blue sock (that's a paraphrase, I can't remember the exact wordage he used).

Also, Gulliver wanted me to say that he is rooting for Wicked and he also wants to know who is up for Best Elphaba. Lee, do you have this info? Thanks.
Nibs
TOASTY Bean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Nominees on the way Reply with quote

I heard that they release the list of Nominees on Jan 31. That's only 10 days away! I'm so excited.

I hope Brokeback Mtn wins best actor. I think Heath Ledger was WAY more talented than just watching Philip Seymour Hoffman do his impersonation of Capote for an hour.
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Whoa! Reply with quote

Hey Nibs - you were right! Today is January 31st, and they announced all the nominees! Here are the biggees:

Picture:
Brokeback, Capote, Crash, Good night and good luck, Munich

Director:
Clooney, Haggis, Lee, Miller (Capote), Spielberg

Actor:
Hoffman (sorry Lee), Howard, Ledger (Yay Lee), Phoenix, Strathairn

Actress:
Dench, Huffman, Knightley, Theron, Witherspoon

Supporting Actor:
Clooney, Dillon, Giamatti, Gyllenhaal, Hurt

Supporting Actress:
Adams, Keener (Wooo!), McDormand, Weisz, Williams

So exciting! What do you guys think?? I hope they all win really...
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Amy Adams Reply with quote

Shnoodles,

I just found out that Amy Adams who is nominated for best Supporting Actress in Junebug went to Douglas Country High School and possibly Castle Rock Middle School. My coworker friend at Boettcher used to sleep over at her house and hang out with her all the time back when they were young. Isn't that crazy?

Did you know that Amy is also the girl who makes out with Leonardo DiCaprio and then gets married to him in Catch Me If You Can? Schlop concurs.
Mr. Monkey
Special Bean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Monkeys in the movies Reply with quote

How come King Kong wasn't nominated?
PB
Legendary Bean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Alvin, Simon....Theodore! Reply with quote

Hey Mr. Monkey....

Bing Bang, Walla Walla Bing Bang!
Muffins
Whoza Fuzzy Bean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Oscar gossip! Reply with quote

Guys, keep this one on the downlow - but I just heard that Jon Stewart was seen filming a sketch for the Oscars with none other than George Clooney! And get this - they filmed the sketch in a bed(!) and it is a take-off of Brokeback Mountain. Wowzers!

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2006/02/24/st.html
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Shnoods with the news! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just heard that Jon Stewart was in this bed with George - WHAT??? Muffins! You scooped me... AAAaaarghhhhh!

Okay, he he, I guess I'll just have to be a bit faster next time!
Nibs
TOASTY Bean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Ten in the bed and the little one said... Reply with quote

Hmm..de...dum...de...oh look... Oscar updates....

Interesting article guys. Why did they have to take some lady's bedroom though? Can't they build their own bedroom set. That seems odd.

Are you guys gonna have an Oscars party?
Evil Monkey
Regular Bean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: You're invited, Nibs Reply with quote

Can you make it to my Oscar party? It's in Room #1408. Once you come inside the room, you won't ever be able to leave - but why would you want to?

You know what film I am rooting for, Nibs? Crash. That is the sound my cymbals make every time I bring them together. Crash. Crash crash crash. Some people have been driven insane by this sound. They hear it in their sleep even when I am not there. But to me it always sounds like beautiful music. Crash. Crash. Crash. Each crash, an eternity of noise. I'll play for you at the Oscar party Nibs.

Bring dip.
PB
Legendary Bean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Stranger in a strange bed Reply with quote

How come Jon Stewart and George Clooney had to oust that woman from her bedroom? That whole thing sounds crazy. Can't you just film a bed set?

Very excited about the Oscars! Whoop!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Motion Pictures All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: