www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index www.schlopstakovich.com
The Only Online Schlop Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Warming
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Q&A with Nibs (about Schlop)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snuffles
Outback Bean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: An inconvenient SHNOOD! Reply with quote

Hey Shnoods,

My snources are telling me that Lee might go see the movie tonight!

Snources!
Shnoodles
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Lee will save us! Reply with quote

Cool!

I'm pumped!

Go Lee!
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Initial response Reply with quote

Hi Shnoods...

I saw the movie. It was pretty good. Not the greatest thing EVER... but still pretty good. Here are some of my thoughts...

Things that were good:
He didn't bash the Bush administration like I thought he would
He didn't blame the Bush administration directly for things
He didn't focus only on the US... instead gave lots of international examples
They interspersed lots of Al Gore biography type stuff throughout the movie which I thought was really interesting
He had some pretty impressive video of the South Pole melting

Things that weren't as good:
They didn't give nearly any answers as to what we, as individuals could do to help
The answers they did give were in the credits and weren't very well done
I thought it was ironic that almost every clip of Al Gore, when he wasn't doing a talk, was of him in a CAR... and not even an electric one!
At the end he briefly skipped over the fact that the hole in the Ozone layer is one thing we've succeeded in fixing, wish he would've discussed that more.
I wished he would've explained the Kyoto Treaty a bit more
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: An Inconvenient Polar Bear Reply with quote

But I know what you really want to know is... what about the POLAR BEARS?

He did have one video of a CG polar bear swimming along in the ocean and swimming up to a floating piece of ice. Then it tried to climb on and the ice broke in half because it was too thin and the bear was too big... then he tried to get on the broken piece and it broke in half too. Then he was sad and gave up and started swimming away into the expansive ocean with no ice in sight and the narrator said "more polar bears have drowned this year than ever before..."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
Shnoodles
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Schlop is over heated Reply with quote

Hey you warming polar bears,

Check out this picture of some bears! Also there is some sort of article too...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/11/science/earth/11tiern.html?_r=1&8dpc&oref=slogin
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: bad time to be a bear Reply with quote

Hey Shnoods.

Here are some endangered animals. Besides Polar Bears being on here, I was sad to see that there are also 3 other types of BEARS on this list! Oh nos!!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/09/25/endangered.list/index.html
Snuffles
Outback Bean

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Snowy is threatened! Reply with quote

Bad news guys, polar bears have officially been listed as threatened because of global warming. Maybe we could get Snowy an air conditioner?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/05/14/polar.bears.listing/index.html
Snuffles
Outback Bean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Poor Pikas! Reply with quote

Oh no - it sounds like Pikas are struggling due to climate change! Poor little guys. Come to think of it - Peaches says he didn't see any Pikas at all this year when he visited Huggins and Muggins at Estes Park.

This article says that Obama is fighting for the Pikas so hopefully he will be able to help them out!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/climate-change-taking-toll-on-american-pikas-western-lands/ar-BBw3PyS?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Snuffles
Outback Bean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: History of climate Reply with quote

Hey guys - I found this xkcd pretty informative - check it out!

http://xkcd.com/1732/

Also I spotted what I think is a King Bun but am waiting for Schlop's confirmation on that.
Shnoodles
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Polar bear invasion Reply with quote

Hey you warming guys,

The latest news on the climate change front is that polar bears are now invading an island in Russia to get foodstuffs.

I'm glad Lee keeps Schlop so well stuffed that he doesn't have to go to Russian islands for meals. Phew!
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Snacks4bears Reply with quote

Oh nooooooooo.

Wow, Shnoodles has been reporting on Global Warming since 2006!

If only more people had read the forums and listened so we could do stuff about it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Q&A with Nibs (about Schlop) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: