www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index www.schlopstakovich.com
The Only Online Schlop Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYTimes Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: NYTimes Mini Reply with quote

Whilst most bears spend their days sleeping or napping and unaware, an epic duel has begun right under their noses between NIBS and MININIBS in the last few weeks.

Battling each other for often less than one minute per day... the two go head-to-head on the daily NY Times mini-crossword puzzle.

Most often MININIBS is the victor, but every once in a while Nibs pulls off an upset.

The problem is that MiniNibs' skills grow with every round and his speed and accuracy get more refined. Nibs does not seem to be keeping pace.

A spreadsheet cropped up to track their epic battle. Alas the battle began weeks before the spreadsheet, so MiniNibs' extensive victories are not all catalogued here (maybe some intrepid bear will mine the gmail and backfill the glory at some point) but the current standings can be seen at this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-LekkX6Bp-__zbCa1A3pdHa0eL7aHVbcKpO3IcPgEzc/edit#gid=0

Huzzah! Best of luck to you Nibs and MiniNibs! May your skills grow ever faster and may the best small bear win!
mini-nibs
Fuzziest Bean of All

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Nibs did the unthinkable! Reply with quote

Congratulations to my opponent Nibs who had a Mini of the ages last night. Nibs not only broke the daunting 20 second barrier, he blasted past the 15 second barrier as well! It's a record that is likely to stand for some time.

Afterwards Nibs' coach said:

Quote:
It was a bold move to guess "Aries" right off the bat but it paid off! Nibs can't believe it! He is quite certain he'll never do this well again!

Here is a trophy to commemorate an historic day in Mini battle!

Nibs
TOASTY Bean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Happy Anniversary! Reply with quote

Hooray!

Today we celebrate exactly ONE COMPLETE YEAR of tracking the Mini competition via spreadsheet!

As we have learned, Lee often loses interest in daily challenges (words-with-fuzz, draw-something, etc) so we are very proud that she has helped me continue to compete daily (although sometimes retroactive when she is traveling) in the mini duel!

MiniNibs still continues to be the stronger player but I am holding up pretty well in 2018 so far!

We also have fond memories of hanging out at the chicken farm with so many bears last year and doing minis... so proud that we kept the minis going!

Huzzah to a year of minis!
mini-nibs
Fuzziest Bean of All

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: The record changes paws Reply with quote

I can't believe I bested Nibs' amazing 14 second record that has lasted all the way from May!

I think I was inspired by going against Nibs on skype and that brought my mini game to a whole new level.

Now the race is on for 12 seconds!

mini-nibs
Fuzziest Bean of All

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Judges ruling Reply with quote

It has come to my attention that the puzzle I solved in 13 seconds had 2 less letters than Nibs' record puzzle.

By my calculations, I average 1.62 letters per second (lps) while Nibs averaged 1.64 lps.

Therefore Nibs is still the fastest mini solver in the land!
mini-nibs
Fuzziest Bean of All

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Plethora of Puzzles Reply with quote

Lee came to visit and we got to do a ton of crosswords together in person - thanks to Lee who has a nytimes subscription.

It was a blast! We were dominating the Monday puzzles.

Yay!
Nibs
TOASTY Bean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: We bow to him Reply with quote

Do we all remember when the world was hushed with a 14 second score?

And then a 13 second score?

And then in 2018 came the unfathomable 10 second score!

But this week, the record is shattered once again as MiniNibs dominated with a 9 second mini thanks to SPACE FORCE.

Who knew that 9 seconds would ever be possible by bears in our lifetime.

Have we reached the pinnacle? It's possible.

Regardless, a round of FUZZY APPLAUSE for the CHAMPION OF THE MINIS, MININIBS!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: