www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index www.schlopstakovich.com
The Only Online Schlop Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Schlobbit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Motion Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: so confused? Reply with quote

I can't believe so much stuff has changed while I was hibernating... apparently the Schlobbit is no longer being directed by Guillermo del Schlopo... what happened?

And now there is news that Peter Jackson is going to move it out of New Zealand.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/saying-damage-is-done-jackson-prepares-to-move-the-hobbit-out-of-new-zealand/

I wonder where they will move it to... any ideas Lee?
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Shnoodscoop Reply with quote

Wow.

Way to be ready with breaking news on the LOTR front, Shnoods.

I'm impressed. You scooped everyone I know on that news!
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: The cast is announced! Reply with quote

Hey you Schlobbit guys,

It looks like PJ has announced the cast for the movie. Personally I think it looks pretty swell... any thoughts Lee?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/21/hobbit-cast-announced/#more-91151
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Who are YOU Reply with quote

Shnoods!

I don't know who any of those people are!?

Do you??

I guess you saw Schlopitariat so maybe that guy....
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Concerning Schlobbits Reply with quote

It looks like Howard Shore will be back to do the score for the Schlobbit. Lee and I are both big fans of his work on the first three Lord of the Schlops movies - so we are pretty happy that he will be coming back!

http://www.slashfilm.com/howard-shore-returning-compose-the-hobbit/#more-92846
mini-nibs
Fuzziest Bean of All

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: the last of the ents Reply with quote

Hey Shnoodles - this isn't technically Schlobbit related but I thought it was interesting - it's about a tree that is the last of it's kind and needs to find a female to mate with... like the Ents!

https://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/05/10/136029423/the-loneliest-plant-in-the-world
Gulliver
Nibs can has Cheezburger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: The Schlobbit Reply with quote

Hi.

Lee came to visit over Sneechmas. It was the best Sneechmas ever and Lee read the first half of the Hobbit to me. It was very exciting and each of the bears got to play one of the dwarves. Snuffles got to be the best dwarf and Muffins got to be the fattest dwarf. We ended right at the point where Snuffles was taken prisoner by the King of the Wood Elves.

We also watched a lot of the animated Schlobbit movie.

And we watched the Schlobbit trailer a whole bunch and Lee pointed out a lot of neat stuff I had missed before.

All in all, a very Schlobbit-filled Sneechmas.

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Sneeches
Schlop's Right-Hand Bean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Say it's so Reply with quote

Wow, this thread started in 2008!! Nice work, SHNOODLES!!

PEACHES, are you coming to see the Schlobbit with me this winter???
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: An Unexpected Journey! Reply with quote

Wow it has finally arrived! Lee and Gulliver both saw The Schlobbit Part 1 last weekend!

Word on the bed is that Lee was less enthusiastic about it...
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Schlobbits saying Goodbye Reply with quote

It's hard to imagine that the final Schlobbit movie will come out in less than a month. It truly will be the end of an era. A Schlobbit era.

Here is the music video for the end credits song for the last movie sung by Pippin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ir8rVl2Z4#t=35

I'm going to miss those Schlobbits
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Wyrmy? Reply with quote

It seems the final Schlobbit has come and gone without much fanfare. Neither Lee nor I have seen it.

I did hear that there are some giant worms in the movie that PJ added. Maybe it is a sign that he is going to make a movie out of Dune and is getting Weta up to speed with their worm technology. Dune is a big topic around here lately since Gulliver recently skyped with Brian Herbert - son of Dune.

Edit - I just looked it up and apparently they are were-worms! Scary!

Quote:
the giant Dune-like worms that make a brief cameo during the Battle of the Five Armies spawned from an offhand comment Bilbo makes in the book: "Tell me what you want done, and I will try it, if I have to walk from here to the East of East and fight the wild Were-worms in the Last Desert." Jackson apparently ran with this, creating an actual representation of those monsters.

I still think I will try to see the final Schlobbit when it comes out on DVD.

Cool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Motion Pictures All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: