The Colbert Report

A lot of exciting things happen each day and night on the telly. Finally, here's a place to discuss... without being censored.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

The Colbert Report

Post by Snuffles »

Hey! I figured that if I started this thread that Lee would be more predisposed to watch the show and post here about what happened. All the bears are very curious to hear just what he is saying about bears. Also I hear that Stephen is a huge LOTR fan (Lee will know what that means) and also played D&D (again, ask Lee for an explanation) a lot in high school. Personally I think Lee and Stephen have a lot in common and it is only a matter of time before Lee decides to watch the show!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Snuffs

Post by Snuffles »

My snources are telling me there is a good chance Lee might finally tune in for the Colbert Report tonight! How exciting.
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

No luck

Post by lee »

Your "snources"? Hee hee. Might want to check your snources... I couldn't watch the show last night, I'm sorry. Maybe once you guys watch Big Big World then I will watch it. Or maybe I'll try this weekend.

Sorry about that.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

No tv and no tv make bears something something

Post by Nibs »

It's so sad about the loss of television in St Louis.

I'm afraid the television thread will have to be put on hold for a while...
Nibs

Not So Fast!

Post by Nibs »

OH OH OH OH!!!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

After we got off the phone... we flipped on the tv and the COLBERT REPORT is on!!! With Al Franken!!! We are currently watching it... he just made a Harry Potter joke!!!

I will write more when it's over....
Nibs

The Day We've Been Waiting For

Post by Nibs »

OH!!!!!

OH!!!!!

OH!!!!

He just talked about BEARS!!!! It's liked we've always dreamed!!!!! Oh!!!!
Nibs

BEARS!!! HE TALKED ABOUT BEARS!!!

Post by Nibs »

Wow. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Which story to tell first!

Apparently we only caught the second half of the show (or maybe it's only a half hour?) Hm.

It was very funny. As funny as we always hoped it would be. Hoo hoo.

First I'll talk about the BEAR JOKE.

At the end he did a segment on things that make him angry. He showed a video of a high school kid wrestling a live brown bear! He said the kid was doing it to try to get into a good college on a wrestling scholarship and impress the scouts. But he said that in reality it would only help the BEAR get into a good college!! And that was no good because (his words not mine) bears are killing machines. Then he said that he wonders if it was a Girl Bear because of Title 9 but regardless... he doesn't want bears in our colleges... what if it joined a frat. Then there was a picture of the bear at a frat party. Hoo hoo hoo!!!

So much about bears!!!
Nibs

Harry Potters!!!

Post by Nibs »

Here's more about the show...

He had Al Franken on... then asked him why he was such a coward... and hastled him a lot. When Al Franken tried to answer he just kept hassling him. Then he said if he wasn't a coward he would announce his 2008 run for Senate in Minnesota RIGHT NOW (and everyone cheered)... but Al was embarrassed and wouldn't do it.

Then he asked Al if he was from Minnesota and said "Al, do you know where I'm from?" and Al said "South Carolina" and he said "No... I'm from AMERICA!" Then he got mad at Al for segregating our country and not realizing we're all together. Hoo hoo.

Then they were getting mad and waving hands at each other and Colbert said... "Relax man... both our wands are made from the same Phoenix..." and then Nibs and I went CRAZY and so did the audience but Al was confused... so Colbert said "how old are your kids?" and Al said 25... and Colbert said, too young.

Hoo hoo. He didn't even SAY it was about Harry Potter... it was just for us nerds to laugh at!!!
Nibs

Al Part Two

Post by Nibs »

Then they had fake people call in to talk to Al.

The first one said "Hi... I think you're funny... why do you hate our troops?"

So Al explained he doesnt and in fact he does USO tours and all.

The next one said "Hi Steven, I love your show..." and Steven said "Thank you, next call." Hoo hoo

The next one said "Hi guys, big fan... oh wait... I have another call" and he put them on hold and they talked about Lasik for a while and then he came back and said his girlfriend was mad at him and he had to go, but Steven said to conference her in... so she came on and said "Where were you last night?" and then Al had to answer!! He said he didn't know where her boyfriend was last night, he was sorry.

Then a guy called and said "Al, I'm your biggest fan... why do you hate our troops?" It was funny.

Then they cut to the bear segment.

Wow! What a great moment in the history of tv!!
lee
No Pants Bean

Colbert!!

Post by lee »

I agree with Nibs! It was a great to finally see the show!

I think overall it was a similar style to Conan... specifically that the guests don't get to talk much and it's more about making the host look good. So Al didn't really say much at all, which is too bad. But it was still pretty funny. And certainly exciting with all that bear talk!
Schlop
The One and Only

Moops

Post by Schlop »

Meep Mop Moop!!!!!
Meep Mop Moop
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Wowzers!

Post by Snuffles »

Wow this is so exciting! It sounds like the show was really funny! I can't believe he is always talking about bears but he doesn't like them - but I bet he would like bears like us. That Harry Potter reference was great. Thanks for watching the show Lee and Nibs! Woooo.

And wow - even Schlop liked it! Or did he... I'm not really sure. I think he liked it. Well anyways... wow!
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Also

Post by Snuffles »

See Lee - I knew my snources were right, eventually!
- the Thong Song
Nibs

Bunnies on Colbert!

Post by Nibs »

Wow! So did you guys hear we watched another episode and he opened by saying

"Never have bunnies been so threatened since Watership Down!!!"

Then he talked about how Bunnies didn't have opposable thumbs and couldn't defend themselves.

He also talked about an eagle they were naming after him at the San Francisco zoo.

It's a shame we don't have any bunnies that post on the forums. If we could have any bunny on our forums, who would you guys want?
Shnoodles

Cold bear

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Nibs, have you or Lee caught any more of the Colbert report? I heard recently he snuggled with a bear!

Also check this out:

http://teeveepedia.teevee.org/index.php/Bears
In the SHNOOD!