Stardust - the movie!

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Stardust - the movie!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey gang!

I just heard that they have casted people for the Stardust movie - based on Neil Gaiman's book ... Stardust! They are starting to film next month in Scotland - here is what Neil had to say:
As of last night, and pending the Deal Being Done, it looks like Yvaine has now been cast in Stardust ("Small world," I thought, when he told me who it was) alongside the actor playing Tristran, and the film starts shooting on location in Iceland for a couple of days in March, then starts shooting properly on the 21st of April at Pinewood Studios and on location in Scotland. Some big star names, some people you've never heard of...

I think my favourite thing about this, right now, is the sort of happy feeling that comes from knowing that it's unabashedly a fantasy film with a real budget, and it will be shot in the UK and that barring an unforeseen disaster, it's actually going to be made...
I wonder why he said 'small world' about the actress? Who do you think would make a good Yvaine? I always pictured her as:

Last edited by Shnoodles on Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

More Shnoods News and the 100th post!

Post by Shnoodles »

Wow! I can't believe this is my 100th post here on the Schlop forums!!! Better make it a good one... okay (deep breath) here goes!

Did you guys know that while they are shooting Stardust there is also another Neil Gaiman picture in the works? That's right, it's Coraline! This is going to be stop-motion animated and it should be really scary too. Word on the street is that Dakota Fanning is going to be the voice of Coraline, and Teri Hatcher is going to play both Coraline's mother and her other mother. Weird, huh?

If you want to get a taste of what it might look like, here is some early work by the director (who also did James and the Giant Sneech):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZsqohyY ... slow%20bob

Kind of creepy, wouldn't you say Nibs?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

ShnoodDust

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you ShnoodDusters,

Remember when I said this:
I wonder why he said 'small world' about the actress?
Well, I figured it out! It turns out that Claire 'Great' Danes is cast as Yvaine, and she was also used for the voice in Princess Mononoke which Neil Gaiman did the English translation for! Whew... I still haven't seen that movie - do you think I should watch it Lee?

Also, ShnoodDust is going to be coming out on August 10th!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

ShnoodDust Trailer out NOW!!!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you ShnoodDusters,

The first trailer is out now! Check it out! I think it looks pretty Sneechy, for sure.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Today's the Day!!!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you ShnoodDusters!

Today is the big day! You can go to a theater and see ShnoodDust! I hear it's getting great reviews too. I can't wait to see it? Anyone want to go with me? Anyone?
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

HOORAY

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles!!!

I can't believe you've been tracking this movie for SO long!!! And today it finally opens!!! I would love to go with you!!! I can't wait to see this film!!!

I thought that was pretty funny your joke about Claire "Great" Danes... hoo hoo hoo.

Anyway, congratulations on tracking this film all the way from its infancy to its release, this is a big day for you!!!!

Good jorb, Shnoods!!!
lee
No Pants Bean

OOOOH!!!!

Post by lee »

OMG SHNOODLES!!!

I went and saw SCHLOPDUST today and it was SO GOOD!!!!!!!

I really really really liked it! I thought it was as though they had bottled Neil Gaiman's humor and wit and put it into a movie! It was funny and clever and good pacing and good music and just a FUN MOVIE!!!

I'd still love to see it with you and see it again. Let me know whenever you want to go!

I didnt seem to remember much of the book so many parts of the movie were surprises to me. But in the book, did they kill off all 7 brother princes? The movie starts with 4 of the 7 already dead. I wonder if they did that to shorten it.

I thought Claire Danes did great!!! What a cool movie!! Thanks for all your reports on it, Shnoodles! Hooray!!
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

WARNING MOVIE SPOILER

Post by Sneeches »

Hey SHNOODLES

This is a great THREAD. Good job!!

I just wanted to warn PEACHES that there is a UNICORN in this movie and so PEACHES might not want to see it because it might scare PEACHES.

But it's a nice UNICORN. But still, you know how PEACHES gets.

Ok, well keep up the good movie reports SHNOODLES!!!
lee
No Pants Bean

Best Movie Ever?

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles!

Guess what?! I just went and saw Schlopdust- AGAIN!!! It is THAT good!! I can't remember ever enjoying a movie so much both times- it's just so fun and such a treat. I really hope you get to see it while its still in theaters, the music and effects are just so incredible and perfect!

I also wanted to mention that there's a very funny line about a POLAR BEAR that gets a big laugh! Hoo hoo hoo!

And DJ and Duddles would really like this one part where there is this MOUSE and he's so cute and all he wants to do is eat the cheese.... hoo hoo... and he nibbles on it!! Hooooooo!
Shnoodles

Best Movie Ever!!!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee!

I just got back from seeing SchlopDust right now! It was so cool! I thought the mouse part was funny too.

Cool!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlop needs some CGI pants!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you SchlopDust guys,

Here's some news about everyone's favorite summer movie - Neil Gaiman has revealed that the put a CGI shirt on Tristan in the inn scene since they were worried that seeing him without a shirt would 'bring down America.' Neil said the original scene might be in the DVD, and he also said there were a lot of funny ghost bits that might be in it. I can't wait to check it out.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Whazzit?

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you ShnoodDusters,

Neil Gaiman said this about the book:
One of the characters in Wall in Stardust, for example, is not what he is pretending to be in a way that has nothing at all to do with sex, although the clues are all there in the book, but if I don't do another story set in Wall you'll never find out who he is, or even why he's interesting.
I wonder what he is talking about?
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Riddle me this

Post by lee »

Whoa! That's cool. I wonder if that character was in the movie or only in the book.

Maybe it's the guy who guards the gate into Faerie? The old man. He's the only real other character in Wall besides the Dad and Humphrey. Maybe it's Humphrey!

My money is on the guard at the gate. :)
lee
No Pants Bean

Ooohh

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles,

I just got back from seeing Schlopowulf and I'm happy to report that I got to see a preview for CORALINE in 3D before the movie!!!! It looked really cool and I'm so excited it's going to be in 3D!!! Do you want to see it with me??

Hoo hoo... start the countdown for another great movie!!!
Shnoodles

Schlopdust is a classic!

Post by Shnoodles »

I can't believe I started this thread before the movie was made, and now here we are 17 years later and just recently us bears watched Schlopdust again! It is a movie that has really stood the test of time and become a classic - like the Princess Schlop.

I like how Yvaine starts glowing when she dances with Tristan - it is kind of like how Schlop glows extra bright whenever he gets to take a nap with Lee or whenever he gets to eat toast.

Hopefully we will still be watching Schlopdust 17 years from now in 2040!
In the SHNOOD!