Eragon --- the movie!

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Eragon --- the movie!

Post by Shnoodles »

What do you get when you combine Lee's favorite book (Eragon) with Lee's favorite actors (Jeremys Iron and Johns Malcovich) and film it all in Lee's favorite country (Hungary)?

Why, you get Eragon the film of course! And hopefully this will soon become Lee's favorite thread!

So here are the specs you guys: Dec 15 2006 - be there! Eragon is going to take on the baddies and there will be dragons and it will be better than Star Wars and Lord of the Rings put together!

Well, according to some people Eragon is actually Star Wars and Lord of the Rings put together. As wikipedia says:
Yet another criticism is that the plot closely resembles that of the original Star Wars saga. Characters are also similar, down to Brom who is supposedly the last of his order. Brom's sacrifice to save Eragon resembles that of Obi Wan Kenobi in Star Wars. The beginning is also extremely similar: A servant of an evil emperor attacks, with an army at his disposal, a convoy bearing an object of power to a rebellion against the Empire. The servant captures the convoy and its leader, but the leader (a princess, no less) sends the object away in hopes that it will fall into the hands of a wise old wizard, who is the last of his kind. The object is found by a poor farm boy, whose family (not parents but uncle) is killed as a result, leaving him nothing to stay behind for. He joins the wizard on a quest, as well as a rogue who has no love for the "empire". This could be used to describe the first Star Wars movie, and no one would know the difference.
There has been much debate over whether incorporating Elves and Dwarves similar to Tolkien's is derivative or respectful. It has also been pointed out that many names in Eragon resemble those in Tolkien's work, including

* Arya - Arwen, Arda
* Ardwen - Arwen
* Isenstar - Isengard
* Mithrim - mithril
* Eragon - Aragorn
* Angrenost - Angrenost, the Sindarin name for Isengard
* Morgothal - Morgoth
* Elessari - Elessar
* Furnost - Fornost
* Hadarac Desert - Harad Desert
* Melian - Melian
* Vanilor - Valinor
* Eridor-Eriador
* Imiladris-Imladris
But me and Lee both don't believe this nonsense. After all, maybe the Lord of the Rings copied Eragon?

So feel free to chat ad nibsium about Eragon. Did you guys know Joss Stone is in the film?
In the SHNOOD!
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

off with ya

Post by PB »

What a skankin thing to do....stealing the plot and all those names...

Lousy good for nothing 15 year old authors! Can't trust em, I say!

I'm glad Lee quit reading that book halfway through.
Shnoodles

Schlopagon the movie trailer out NOW

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Schlopagon guys,

Be sure to check out this trailer that is now up for Schlopagon the movie. Looks amazing! I'm hoping Lee will take me opening night (paws crossed!).

www.eragonmovie.com/
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlopagon!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Eragon guys,

Did you guys realize that Eragon is like the word Dragon but with an 'E' instead of a 'D"? Isn't that cool?

Maybe we should write a book called Euddles?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlopagon schlopdroids?

Post by Shnoodles »

Is the star of Schlopagon an android??? That's what this movie review seems to imply!
"Eragon" takes place in the fantasy land of Alagaësia, where dragons soar, wizards cast spells and clichés grow on trees. A misprogrammed android called Edward Speleers stars as Eragon, a boy who finds a dragon egg and discovers his destiny is to ride atop the fire-breathing beast that hatches from it and lead an army of rebels to overthrow an evil king.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Tomorrow is Schlopagon Day!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Schlopagon guys,

Tomorrow is the big day! December 15th - Schlopagon is released in theaters. Are you gonna go see it Lee?

Right now it is getting a 13% tomato rating, which means that 13% of all tomatoes like the movie... which is pretty good I think.
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Schlopagon

Post by Nibs »

Hey Shnoods

13% of all tomatoes like it, eh?

Lee is still recovering from how bad Apocacrapto was. I'm not sure if she's ready for more craptastic crappola. But she does like her Jeremy Irons.

Thanks for keeping the Movie threads so active!!
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

heh

Post by PB »

from the Wash Post:

It may be worth the eight and a half bucks you have to pay the makers of "Eragon" just to hear the great English actor Jeremy Irons say the line, "Before you can cast a spell, you must learn the magic language of the elves."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01872.html
Shnoodles

Schlopagon part 3 - Havana Nights

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Schlopagon guys,

The long wait is finally over - Schlopagon book 3 is finally out! This was supposed to be the final book but the good news is there will be another one. I bet Lee is excited!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/books/0 ... author.ap/
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlopagon - in space!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Schlopagon fanatics,

Guess who is back with a new book? It is our friend Christopher Schlopolini - the prodigy who wrote Schlopagon when he was 15. He has written a new book at 36 years of age - so that must mean the book is at least twice as good!

This time the book takes place in space!
During a routine survey mission on an uncolonized planet, xenobiologist Kira Navárez finds an alien relic that thrusts her into the wonders and the nightmares of first contact. Epic space battles for the fate of humanity take her to the farthest reaches of the galaxy and, in the process, transform not only her—but the entire course of history.
Epic space battles? That's much cooler than run-of-the-mill space battles!

I hope there is a character named Ander Wagons!

The book is called "To Sleep in a Sea of Stars" which seems like something Schlop might be into.

And get this - if we order before December 2nd we will get 3 mystery items!

https://read.macmillan.com/promo/tkpreordercampaign/

Should we do it Lee??
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Eragon - the TV show!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you dragon fans,

Eragon the movie was such a big success that now Disney+ is going to turn the book into an epic TV show!

https://www.slashfilm.com/940503/eragon ... this-time/

I personally am going to start working on a fan-fiction story about a cross-over between the worlds of Eragon, the Dragon Prince, and Lord of the Rings - called Aragon: the Eragon Prince!
In the SHNOOD!