New Movies Lee sees

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
lee
No Pants Bean

New Movies Lee sees

Post by lee »

Hey guys.

This weekend I saw the new Terrence Malick movie, The New World. Despite starring Colin Farrell it was really interesting and very depressing and altogether fairly profound. What did Ebert think of it? Perhaps I should write to Ebert again and let him know how he should think... just like last time.

Did you know Pocahontas actually goes to England later in life to have audience with the King and Queen? Crazy. Batman did a pretty good job in the movie too.

Beans
lee
No Pants Bean

Tristam Shandy

Post by lee »

Just saw the Tristam Shandy movie. I can't say I liked it too much. Some funny parts. But I've decided that I just have no respect left for movies about making movies. I bet it would've been a better movie if I knew the book. It didn't really have a plot or a story... I bet it was all a metaphor.

It did have a cameo from Gillian Anderson though.
lee
No Pants Bean

Everything is Illuminated

Post by lee »

Hey guys,

Last night my friend Lauren was in town she had rented Everything is Illuminated so I watched it with her.

It was actually not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, although it was almost 100% different from the book.

There was one funny part... Elijah Wood is searching for this town his grandfather lived in... and they finally find this one lady after days of searching. She has all these remnants from the town (which was washed away in a flood) and Elijah Wood is looking for a lady named Augustine. The lady, it turns out has this one thing from Augustine... a ring. She gives Elijah the ring and says "the ring isn't here so you could find it... you are here so the ring can be found." I wanted Elijah to say "Lady! I just spent THREE movies trying to destroy the last ring I was given, not again!!"
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Sheesh!

Post by Muffins »

You and your rings, Lee!
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

S is for Schlopetta

Post by DJ »

We are being buried under an avalanche of your inadequacies, Mr Nibs.
Zupancakes
Petri
Majestic Bean

Big bunny

Post by Petri »

Hey Lee.

I found an article about a big rabbit!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060407/od ... bitoffbeat

Are you gonna watch that rabbit movie?
Duddles' deeds be done.
lee
No Pants Bean

Five thumbs up

Post by lee »

Wow. Chalk one up for another movie that looks awful from previews but was really fun to watch.

After all that forum discussion about Lucky Number Slevin (yeah PB, get those facts straight) I started to wonder why SO many big name stars were in this movie. So I saw it tonight and HOLY COW... what a great movie. Josh Hartnett did great and the plot was so cool and I solved it halfway through and was so proud of myself. You guys should really read the spoiler, it's a fun story. And fun to solve as you watch. Lucy Liu also did a good job too. Did you know those two are now a couple in real life?

Schlop enjoyed Bruce Willis. Schlop says he can do no wrong.
lee
No Pants Bean

United 93

Post by lee »

We haven't talked about movies in a while.

I saw United 93 over the weekend. I was really impressed. What are critics (Ebert) saying about it? Most of the movie took place in the flight control towers of the FAA and the military and various airports as everyone pieced everything together. It was really interesting. I thought originally it would give cheesy back stories about all the passengers, but it didn't at all. Although it was very chilling to hear the cell phone calls to family and friends because you knew they were the actual transcripts. I cried almost the entire movie.

I also thought they did a good job of just focusing on a few aspects of that day... rather than trying to deal with everything (George Bush, NY reaction, etc).

It was pretty scary to have to go catch a plane after watching it though.

Oh...the other interesting thing was that a lot of the people in the movie played themselves and were the actual flight control tower operators. That was interesting too.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

I'm next too!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee, have you seen this preview of Charlotte's Web? It looks sooooo funny! Check it out:

http://rollick.livejournal.com/504318.h ... #t11356926

That cow totally farted on that rat! Wow. I heard they changed the ending so that instead of dying, Charlotte just farts on Wilbur.

Do you think you will see it Lee?
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Relive the magic

Post by lee »

Did you guys see that the Final Fantasy VII DVD is finally out now?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AM ... 1245?n=130
lee
No Pants Bean

Waiting for Leo

Post by lee »

I finally found the stuff on The Departed. That Leo film with an all-star cast. Check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/
Nibs

Identity crisis

Post by Nibs »

Shnoodles wrote:Hey Lee, have you seen this preview of Charlotte's Web? It looks sooooo funny! Check it out:?
Oh man, Shnoodles, that does look awful. What a shame.

Umm...but there's kind of an issue....you see...

It appears that "Gulliver" has been posting on that site.....with ..um, gulp... Schlop's picture. Um... Schlop really wants him to change that picture.... and well.... it looks like he's posted ....shudder um, FIFTEEN times on there.... so could you maybe ask him to change it... before Schlop finds out and gets angry?! Thanks!
lee
No Pants Bean

Two Tires Down

Post by lee »

Hey guys.

I saw CARS tonight from PIXAR and it was probably the worst movie I've seen in years. I really should have walked out.

Did you realize that there are no people in it... that all people ARE cars. Like, the cameramen and the fans at the NASCAR race are cars themselves. The whole world is inhabited by only cars. And yet, they live in houses and somehow do the wiring and all that without having opposable thumbs or any fingers, just tires.

The characters were horribly shallow and there were no side-plots of loveable sidekicks. There was just blatant capitalism propaganda (Owen Wilson only makes friends by BUYING them things) and the whole things was really truly and incredibly awful.

I haven't been this disappointed by an animated film in years.

What are the critics saying about it I wonder?
lee
No Pants Bean

Yo ho hum

Post by lee »

Hey everybody

I just went and saw the PIRATE movie. Hm... I'm not sure how to rate it. We got there late and had to sit separately and the guy I was sitting next to slept through the whole movie, but he kept flailing his arms onto me and rolling his head onto my chair. It made for poor movie-watching.

Overall, I think I was disappointed. Johnny Depp was good and all... but the plot was surprisingly awful and so many pieces were dropped and forgotten and it was almost like a spoof in and of itself. And the special effects were so extreme and excessive, it really lost all value.

Well I know Dave didn't like the first one, so it's probably not breaking news to anyone (except maybe to Shnoodles, hi Shnoodles).

What did Ebert think?
Shnoodles

Tought cookies

Post by Shnoodles »

Too bad the new PotC wasn't up to snuff Lee. Did you stay after the credits to see if there was another zombie monkey thing?

What movies do you think you will see next Lee??? What do you think of this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443543/
In the SHNOOD!