New Movies Lee sees

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
lee
No Pants Bean

Tidbits

Post by lee »

A few other things to note

+ The array of nerds gathered for the midnight showing was UNREAL. Costumes ranged from hundreds of girls wearing Hogwarts outfits (ties, skirts, capes, scarves) to someone in a full-on Belatrix Lestrange cosutme. I saw a guy with a stuffed owl on his shoulder, hundreds of wands, and scarves everywhere. I'd say the average age of the people was 18- very young crowd! But cool to see so much elaborate stuff.

+ There was a preview beforehand for a lame movie called Fred Claus. But during one scene in Santa's workshop, there's an entire bin of Gund bears (I think they were Schleps!) in the background!!! I was freaking out!!! I tried to find the preview online but they only have the teaser trailer. Arg. I will try to verify once that trailer gets a wider release.

+ THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE OF 'THE DARK IS RISING' SERIES. OH MY GOD!!! IM SO EXCITED.... I wonder if those books are good when you're older....
lee
No Pants Bean

oh yeah

Post by lee »

Oh and Snuffles... I didn't hear them say "Snuffles" in the film... but maybe it's in the extended cut?

It's ok though. The true fans know you were there!
lee
No Pants Bean

I liked it!

Post by lee »

I just saw Into the Wild.

I thought it was great. I really liked the order they did the story in- mixing in his Alaska adventure with episodes from his past. I wonder if the book went in that order too. Pretty interesting about all his anger toward his parents.

Anysneech, there were some great scenes and cool literature quotes. Two paws way up! Go see it!
lee
No Pants Bean

Disney cheese

Post by lee »

Last night I watched High School Musical after having heard so much about it for so long!

It was GREAT!! Cheesy and campy and all, but a lot of fun and funny moments. DJ would like it!!!

Now I can't wait to see High School Musical 2.
lee
No Pants Bean

Erase it from my mind!

Post by lee »

Tonight me and Nibs watched Happy Feet on On Demand.

Good God was it BAD. It should be taught as an entire semester course on what-not-to-do when making an animated movie.

Get it off the queue immediately. There is nothing redeeming about that movie. Hopefully Surf's Up is much better.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Schlopping around at the multiplex

Post by Shnoodles »

I heard that Lee saw A toned Schlop and No Poultry for Old Schlops. Also she might go see Do You Know (Schlop)? Just throwing it out there...
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

missed movies

Post by Nibs »

Hi Shnoodles,

I was just looking a list of movies for 2007 and it seems there are 2 key movies that TOTALLY slipped under our radar.

What do you know about these:

Looks fuzzy!

There is also one called "I Want Someone To Eat Cheese With"

Duddles wants to see that one!
Shnoodles

Schlop is the Fuzz Killer

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Atreides guys,

They are going to make a new Dune movie... cool! Are you gonna see it Lee?

http://www.avclub.com/content/newswire/ ... t_new_dune
In the SHNOOD!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

The Secret of Nibs

Post by Snuffles »

I heard there was a new movie out called Nib's Island! Why isn't anyone talking about this?
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

Pandamania

Post by lee »

Hey Duddles,

I'm going to go see Kung Fu Schlop tonight! It should be FUZZY!

Hoo hoo....
lee
No Pants Bean

Peach Cameo!

Post by lee »

Oh man! Kung Fu Schlop was FUZZY!!! Hoo hoo.

I spotted bunny after bunny until I lost count! So many bunnies!

Also, a big central part of the plot was PEACHES!! Hoo hoo. So many talks about Peaches!!!

Also, Po is a lot like Dj and always eating. At one point there is a cool montage where Po tries to eat these steamed buns that look SO YUMMY and it is pretty great.

The villain was voiced by the main antagonist of Deadwood, so I was pretty thrilled about that. Ian McShane. He is also apparently the voice of the bad polar bear in Golden Compass!

Anyway, it was a fun movie. Not quite on par with Horton, but definitely worth seeing. Hoo hoo.
Nibs

Can't miss Cruise

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys,

I know that you weren't too thrilled about Schlopic Thunder, but there's no good movies out and I really want to see a movie so I think I'll go see that one tonight.

Just so you know!
Shnoodles

Checking in...

Post by Shnoodles »

Hmmm... the last post in this thread was from 6 years ago - does that mean Lee hasn't seen a new movie in 6 years? Wait, that can't be right! I heard that Lee just saw a new movie called Birdschlop!

I know that Schlop likes to count birds - I wonder how many birds Lee counted in the movie?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Into the what?!

Post by Shnoodles »

I heard there was a flurry of movie activity recently. Word on the bed is that Lee saw two (two!) movies in one day. And one of those movies was Into the Schlop and it was a rousing success! Gulliver even played the soundtrack for us to listen to - there was a whole song about arugula and stuff!

Just to be clear - Lee saw Into the Schlop which is not to be confused with one of her all time favorites Into the Schlop.

Uh oh - is our Schlop-based nomenclature breaking down?
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Fiver would be proud

Post by Nibs »

Tonight Lee and I saw a very odd movie. It was called Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter.

It wouldn't be otherwise notable except for it's possibly the best Bunny in a Leading Role we've ever seen! His name was Bunzo and he was a very fuzzy and key part of the film. He also had the saddest bunny scene I've ever seen in a movie.

Otherwise though, it was everything Lee doesn't like in a movie: slow, awkward, a dumb and depressed protagonist, and a real downer. DJ might like it, but I doubt anyone else would.