New Movies Lee sees

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

New trailer

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee.

What do you think of this new trailer? It looks interesting, right? It's by the guy that directed Pie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFlV4o5xLQo&eurl=
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Lady in the Wa-wa

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee.

I just read the movie spoiler for Schlop in the Water like you suggested. It was crazy! It was all about Narfs and stuff. Listen to this line from the spoiler.
We find out that the beast will not attack the sea nymph if she follows the rules. The beast has to follow rules too, because it is scared. It is scared of the rule enforcers, a creature so evil that it kills its parents after it's born. Also, the creature looks like monkeys.
Heh heh. Monkeys.

Hey Lee, do you think M Night is trying to become more water-centric than Peter Weir? Bruce Willis was afraid of water in Unbreakable, and the water was contaminated Signs, and now there is a freaking lady in the water. Geez louise!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Zoom!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee, are you gonna see this movie? It's looking right up your alley on the rotten tomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zoom/
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Little Miss Sadness

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles,

I don't think I'll see Zoom. Maybe I can rent it with you next time in St Louis.

Meanwhile... I did see Little Miss Sunshine on Friday night.

Holy dang. That is NOT a comedy! They should put warnings on movies like that. I cried for like 2 straight hours. Man, sheesh, that was a really good movie. Very realistic portrayal of this family and all the problems families have and all the issues of each character and it was REALLY well done I thought. Yeah, definitely not a comedy like they advertise it. Steve Carrell was really good too... he was a PROUST scholar... I think you bears should read some Proust and tell us about him because he sounds really really good.

Anyway, definitely one of the best movies of the year.
lee
No Pants Bean

Dumbledore the Half-Dead

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles,

OMG, I saw the funniest thing in the world last night.

It's called "Wizard People, Dear Reader" and it's basically this guy who narrates over the first Harry Potter movie in a really funny voice and says really funny things. It was so FUNNY!!!

He renames a lot of the characters and he keeps calling Ron "Ronnie the Bear" hoo hoo hoo.

He has some hysterical scenes and lines and it's really impressive. Have you heard about it all?

Here's the scoop from wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard_People,_Dear_Reader
lee
No Pants Bean

movie radar

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoods

Have you heard about the movie HALF NELSON?

I keep hearing phenomenal things about it. What have you heard?
Shnoodles

Conversations with Schlop

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee,

Are you gonna see this movie? How many times?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independe ... d/trailer/
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

interesting...

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles

What do you think of this movie?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/pictureho ... yrinth/hd/

Have you heard anything about it? It looks like it might be good or it might suck.
Shnoodles

???

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee...

Yeah, I already posted a thread about Schlop's Labyrinth! Are you gonna see it??
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

APOCACRAPTO!!!

Post by lee »

Wow. Apocalytpo was possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

I was ready to walk out of it 10 minutes into the film. There was no character you cared about. The plot was so simple and childish. It was just a basic movie sprinkled with lots of blood and disease here and there.

It had every stereotype of a jungle movie.... jaguar scene, snake scene, jumping over waterfall scene, chasing wild boar scene, poison frog scene, even a quicksand scene. It built up so many characters that never went anywhere. It was such a simple and dry plot. Man gets capture. Taken to city. Spends rest of movie evading pursuers as he runs through jungle trying to get home.

I thought the animals were very poorly done but as such- they looked like stuffed animals!! The jaugar was so soft and fuzzy!! And the monkeys... hoo hoo. The animals reminded me of that stuffed polar bear in LOST that they decided not to use in the extra footage.

Anyway... I don't know what the hell happened here cause usually I like Mel Gibson movies. Weird. Anysneech- SKIP IT!!
lee
No Pants Bean

and one more thing

Post by lee »

Also... it had NOTHING to do with the Mayan people or locations or culture. This movie could've happened in any setting in any time period.

ALSO it had a really lame and predictable prophecy that was fulfilled ten minutes after it was given....

ALSO how could the Mayan people be SURPRISED by an eclipse when they knew EVERYTHING about astronomy....

ALSO WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE SUCH A BAD MOVIE?!?!?!

Phew... I'm done now.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Meerschlops

Post by Petri »

Hey Lee,

I just heard - meerkats are the new penguins! Are you gonna see the new meerkat movies?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/17/movie ... ref=slogin
Duddles' deeds be done.
Shnoodles

Lee's top 6 movies for 2006?

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee guys,

Lee has seen so many movies this year - I thought she should put together a list for her top 6 picks. The onion guys recently listed their favorite movies here: http://www.avclub.com/content/node/56789
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlop of Men

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you movie guys,

While Lee is busy preparing her top 6 picks list, I thought I would post about this new movie coming up called Children of Schlop! It looks like it is what the future would be like if everyone was a child of Schlop - seems kind of scary if you ask me. Anyshnood, it's by the same director that did one of the Harry Schloppers - so yeah. Is anyone gonna go see it?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Shnood news

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys,

I just heard that Hollywood is going to remake that movie Lee saw awhile ago called Cache. Remember how scary Lee thought it was? Well, the remake might be directed by Ron Howard... so just imagine the horrors! They also said 'The US remake is expected to beef up the suspense elements and consequences of the character's actions.' Cool. Beefing it up!
In the SHNOOD!