Mr Monkey!

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Mr. Monkey
Special Bean

From across the pond...

Post by Mr. Monkey »

Hullo - what is this? Why, a whole topic devoted to me? This is the bananas indeed!

Well, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mr. Monkey and I live in England. The other day I got a message from quite a nice bear named Mr. Muffins that he was interested in living with me while studying near the Cam river. To this I responded 'Of Course'! I already have quite a menagerie of bean-based life forms who have come to visit me, and I always welcome more visitors. Muffins also told me about a tempermental bear named Mr. Schlop who runs quite a nice website. Always on the look-out for upstart competitors, I decided to give Mr. Schlop's site a once-over. I can tell you that he does have a ways to go, but I think Mr. Schlop has done very well so far and his site is quite interesting.

It's almost time for my daily bike ride (I can assure you Mr. Nibs that there is indeed such a thing as a monkey-sized bicycle, although some days my aching thighs wished that there weren't) but I did want to congratulate Lee on her splendid time on my puzzle. And as for how I acquired just so many hats, I'm sorry to state that is quite a long story that will have to be told some other time, but it all began when the king decreed that I be beheaded...

Cheerios!
Ooo eee Ooo Ahhh Ahhh
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Ohmygosh!

Post by Shnoodles »

I can't believe Mr. Monkey actually posted here!

... oh no, do you think he read my previous post? Oh, that's so embarrasing. I didn't really mean that, I was just joking, unless Mr. Monkey actually does want to be my friend... do you think he does? Oh my gosh, this is so awkward...

Mr. Monkey - you're so cool! You have travelled around to so many places, it is just awesome. I mean, Schlop - he's barely gone anywhere. Sure, he was in Costa Rica for awhile but I have yet to see any pictures of him from there so I think he probably just hid in his blankies or something.

Hmmm... gotta go.
In the SHNOOD!
Mr. Monkey
Special Bean

Why Mr. Shnoodles

Post by Mr. Monkey »

Of course I will be your friend! Will you be coming to England with Mr. Muffins? We can have fish and chips, or as I prefer, bananas and banana-chips.

Now I'm off to feed my emu!
Ooo eee Ooo Ahhh Ahhh
Shnoodles

*thud*

Post by Shnoodles »

*Shnoodles faints*
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Not a fan

Post by Nibs »

Schlop is pretty sure that Mr Monkey doesn't have an emu. And Schlop's eyes have turned a deeper shade of hate now that an outsider has insulted his site.

Schlop also wants to point out that The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins is a Dr. Seuss book and if Mr Monkey were really so damn cool then he could make up his own stories instead of ripping off other people's.

And I would just like to point out, in light of all this Chipmunk talk, that Mr Monkey's signature is a rip off of the Chipmunk song... and how did Mr Monkey even know about the Chipmunks, being from England and all... hmmm.

Oh... Schlop wants me to add that at this point he's pretty much had it with anyone from across the pond... be it a Schlopney or a Monkey. He thinks they should stop poking their noses in his business or he'll execute his second ammendment rights on them using his very own bear arms against their imperialistic skulls....
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Hoo hoo

Post by Duddles »

Cubbins!

Hoo.
Where's Petri?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Code Monkey!

Post by mini-nibs »

Looks like Mr Monkey might have some competition! There is this new monkey who is traveling around and taking pictures of where he goes. First the backstory: Jonathan Coulton was a software engineer who decided to quit his job and pursue his passion of music, and for one year he released a new song every week. One of his songs was called Code Monkey and it became a big hit. So now there is a real code monkey traveling around! So far he has been to Oregon, LA and San Franibsco.

Anyone recognize this location?

http://picasaweb.google.com/jocodemonke ... 1035936306
Care for a little Nibs?
Shnoodles

Faux Sneechy

Post by Shnoodles »

Here is how you can make a life-size cutout of Mr Monkey: http://www.houseoftheorangemonkey.co.uk ... faux01.htm

I showed it to Peaches to see if making a faux-Sneeches would cheer him up but he didn't think it would be the same...
In the SHNOOD!
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

And monkeys might fly out of...

Post by PB »

Doesn't it kind of look like something is coming out of Faux Monkey's butt?

What is that?
Nibs

Idea!

Post by Nibs »

Maybe we could make Faux Monkey and take pictures of him next to me and SCHLOP and maybe then they would get uploaded and put on Mr Monkey's site!!!

What do you guys think?
Nibs

On second thought...

Post by Nibs »

Or we could also send a blueprint for a Faux Schlop (or Faux SNOWY!) to play with Mr Monkey. Hoo hoo.
Shnoodles

Schlop got a new hat

Post by Shnoodles »

Schlop got a new hat!

He still has a ways to go to catch up with Mr. Monkey hat-wise.

Unfortunately Lee also lost a warm hat at the same time Schlop got a new hat. It's the circle of hats, I suppose.
In the SHNOOD!