Books Lee should read

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Books Lee should read

Post by Petri »

I made this list of books that Lee should read! She really has no excuse for not reading them - we all read them and they were good. I think she is just putting them off since she is waiting for them to become movies. Once she reads one and verifies this by answering a question about it, I will cross it off this list.

[x] The truth with jokes - Al Franken
[ Pending ] Coraline - Neil Gaiman
[ ] Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman

Get cracking!
Last edited by Petri on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duddles' deeds be done.
lee
No Pants Bean

The latest on the Truth

Post by lee »

Hey Petri and pals,

Schlop and I just read the Social Security chapter of the Al Franken book. Yeah, that was really impressive. It's nice to know the Democrats and the country won out for once against all the scheming. It was also nice to have it explained so concisely and all.

I wonder if Karl Rove is already preparing the next Republican Presidential candidate? Are people speculating on who it might be? Nibs thinks it'll be Jeb.
lee
No Pants Bean

No more Truth

Post by lee »

Just wanted to let everyone know that Schlop and I finished The Truth. I thought the whole section on the Iraq war was really well done and fascinating. It was able to credit the troops but still show that we're messing up a lot of things. It talked about the privatization contracts and how we're letting the Iraqi infrastructure fall apart and all... it's very brave to criticize foreign policy, but it did it eloquently and in a way that still supported us as a country. Just not our government.

Anyhow, cross off the first item on my to-read list, thanks!
Petri
Majestic Bean

Congrats!

Post by Petri »

Duddles wanted me to say 'Good jorb' for finishing the first book on the list. Only three to go - and one of them is a Petri-sized book (Coraline). You are on a roll!

Do you want to play Plunder when you're finished reading?
Duddles' deeds be done.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Oops

Post by Petri »

I realized I can't cross off Al's book until you correctly answer a trivia question about it (to prove you actually did read it). So here is the question:

What are the names of Al's grandchildren?

Cheers,

Petri
Duddles' deeds be done.
lee
No Pants Bean

Survey says...

Post by lee »

I was wondering when you'd remember that caviat, Petri.

Hmm... doing this without looking it up because I'm in Golden and the book is not...

I think they were:

Barack
Hillary
Joe III

I remember being surprised that he said Barack was a common name nowadays, I had never heard of it as a first name before.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Yay

Post by Petri »

Okay! Good job.

Do you want to play Plunder now before you start your next book?
Duddles' deeds be done.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Hey Petri

Post by Gulliver »

You should add The Prestige to the list of books that Lee should read. I am currently reading it and am almost done with it.

Also, Snuffles spotted a bunny on the cover (FWIW).
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Snowy
Prolific Bean

Yeah... I see...bunnies...tooo

Post by Snowy »

Um.... I know I'm not really a part.... of that game.... where you ... count the bunny rabbits....

but I found 2 more.... little bunnies .... on the Prestige cover. I know that Snuffles "supposedly" already spotted one... I guess he forgot to check all the corners...

This image blocks out the upper-right bunny... by the way... but it still counts... cause there's still a bunny there.... so yeah, 2 more bunnies guys.

lee
No Pants Bean

Animal book report

Post by lee »

Hey guys,

I know it's not on my reading list... but I read Kavalier and Clay. It was pretty good... but no bunnies I'm afraid.

There was a dog named Oyster. But they kill him and use his skin to make an airplane to fly across Antarctica. So that's too bad.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Ahem...

Post by Snuffles »

Snowy, I see you are new to the bunny spotting biz, so I'll spare you the lecture - but I did spot all four bunnies on the front and back covers of The Bunny Prestige, but since they are all the same bunny I count it as one spot.

Good luck in future spottings!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Snowy looks fuzzy!

Post by DJ »

DJ out.
Zupancakes
lee
No Pants Bean

Fat Charlie says hi

Post by lee »

Hullo DJ!

I just want to let you everyone know I'm working on Anansi Boys. Chipping away at my assignment.

What are you guys reading?
Petri
Majestic Bean

Petri here

Post by Petri »

Hey Lee - I'm pleased to hear you are making your way through the next assigned book - good for you!

What are we reading? Well, we've been on a quest for a particular book called 'Everything's Eventual' but have so far come up empty. I think we might read the Time Travel book.

Do you want to play a game of Plunder after you finish Anansi Boys?

PS - Duddles wanted me to say that looking at Snowy's picture makes him laugh a lot and he thanks you for taking it and posting it!
Duddles' deeds be done.
Snowy
Prolific Bean

What are you smokin?

Post by Snowy »

Petri wrote:Duddles wanted me to say that looking at Snowy's picture makes him laugh a lot and he thanks you for taking it and posting it!
Dudes,

I don't get it. Why does everyone love my picture....?

Is there something on my back? Um...

Personally, I think the fuzziest picture is Snuffles.... by far. Totally fuzzier than anyone else. Radically fuzzy if you ask me.

Word.