Nibs Reloaded

This forum focuses on how cool Schlop is and other subtopics as such.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Heeeeeeeeeeeelp

Post by Nibs »

Heyshnoodles...the beetles...forced me to loginand...YIPES!

WE HAVE THE WEB MASTER.

HE WILL NOT BE HARMED

PARDON THE INTERRUPTION

THE BEETLES

Nibs

Hi again

Post by Nibs »

Hi guys...

Hey, who wrote that silly thing about beetles? I knew I was asleep for a long while...and when I woke up there was something crunchy in my mouth...but ..... ewww.

Anyway, I'm back now. Sorry I've been away for so long. Hope everyone is doing well. I look forward to more good times on the forums.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Beetle juice

Post by Snuffles »

Nibs - good to see you back. Did you eat a beetle? Ewww - but also kind of ... cool! What did it taste like?

I was worried about you because I heard your brain exploded after doing a puzzle, but its good to see you are okay. Let the good times roll!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Shnoodles

And we're back online!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hi Nibs - good to see the site is back up. Me and the other bears were all quite worried for most of the day when we couldn't get our daily Schlop fix! But now it looks like you fixed whatever problem it was and we are back online. Let the chattering commence.
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Hey Shnoodles

Post by Nibs »

Hey Shnoods,

I agree... it's scary when the Schlop site goes down. Especially cause I don't know how to fix it!! I'm glad it came back up.

But meanwhile... and keep this on the downlow, Shnoods, I just got a strange package from mini-Nibs. It was a video about evolution. I'm wondering if he's trying to tell me that I evolved from mini-Nibs or if he evolved from me? Either way, I'm a bit creeped out.

What do you think? Should I watch it?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

the missing niblink

Post by mini-nibs »

Hi Nibs,

Natural selection is all about finding niches where one bear type can out-perform the other bear types. I am the first bear small enough to be able to ride giraffes, so right now I have my niche all to myself. Peaches has also thrived in his peach-colored niche. Unfortunately some bears face competition in their niche (witness Muffins appearance in DJ's breakfast foods niche) and others have no niche at all and are banished to hampers.

You should watch the video to learn more about bear niches.
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

The evolution of mini-nibs

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey Nibs, it just so happens I came across this article which discusses the evolutionary advantages of mini-sizing. It's about mini-sauruses, here is an excerpt:
What happened? The researchers say it's a case of island dwarfism, the tendency of big species to shrink over time when they find themselves on an island. It's well-known among mammals, as with fossil elephants only about 3 feet tall found in Sicily and elsewhere.

Scientists think that in an environment of limited resources, smaller body size becomes an advantage, and so captive populations shrink in body size over long periods of time.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/06 ... index.html
Care for a little Nibs?
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

i could crush you... like a worum

Post by PB »

So can I take to calling you Dwarfish Nib Imp?

Fetch me some mithril, that's a good Nib Imp.
Shnoodles

Blast from the past!

Post by Shnoodles »

Whoa - look at this email I unearthed! It gives a tantalizing look at what life was like a year ago. Who knews Nibs was originally called Bacon? Also, I wonder what Gulliver said about Padfoot?
On 9/1/05, Lee.Granas@uchsc.edu <Lee.Granas@uchsc.edu> wrote:
> Hullo Duddles.
>
> Sorry I haven't had a chance to write more.
>
> I thought Schlop and "bacon" were getting along well... but then I went to go to sleep the first night he was here and I couldn't find him! I looked EVERYWHERE. Seriously, I looked for like half an hour. I didn't know if Schlop had hidden him or eaten him or if he'd run away. I finally gave up looking (and stopped reprimanding Schlop) and went to go read some HP6 in bed and then I found him!!! Schlop had wedged him under the Harry Potter book. Hm.
>
> So then I left the two of them together all day yesterday and they seemed to be doing better. Schlop likes to build little caves out of the covers so that the sun doesn't get him all hot during the day, so he let Nibbles into the caves too. (Oh yeah, he calls him Nibbles now... Nibs for short)
>
> Those email subjects were SO funny. I couldn't BELIEVE the bacon one! And so many other good ones. Schlop seems to be very popular as a subject line. Except I like Muffins of Matrimony :) I have ones going all the way back to 2002 (some of those were from 2004) so I should type some more sometime.
>
> You walked all the way to the Hilltop campus again? Schlop is very impressed. He's happy now that you told him he's fluffy and smells like tuna. He's worried that you have too many books to read though and may never get to the Bunny Book. He's glad you're doing Neil Gaiman research though... getting us ready for our big question asking. :)
>
> Gulliver, I think you are right about Padfoot.
>
> Beans
In the SHNOOD!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

I remember it well

Post by Gulliver »

Lee helped me win the argument! Snuffles is still mad too.
Dave to Lee, 8/31/05

Snuffles and Gulliver are having a heated debate over which bear
Sirius really represents.

Snuffles says it is him since Sirius chooses to go by the code name Snuffles.

Gulliver counteres that it is him since Sirius went by the name
'Padfoot' in school, which when rearranged becomes 'Footpad.'
Gulliver likes to point out that he has two footpads, and snuffles has
none.

What do you think?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Still tendencious

Post by Snuffles »

It's true - I was angry about Lee's interpretation, look at this email:
Dave to Lee, 9/2/05

Anywho, are you feeling better now? Hows the pottering going? Snuffles is very sad you took Gulliver's side. He says that you are backing a very tendencious reading of the Potter canon!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Guys, guys guys

Post by mini-nibs »

It's good to see you are enjoying using the gmail search function I showed you how to do, but this kind of conversation is exactly the kind of thing that should go in my new Harry Schloper thread!
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

Eek

Post by Nibs »

You guys!

I hear Google has been down all morning. Is this true? Can you get on??

What if Google got hacked!?

Oh nos!!!
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Series of tubes

Post by mini-nibs »

Geez Nibs, didn't you watch that video I posted that explained how the internet is a series of tubes? The internet is not just a dump truck that you can dump all your stuff on - which you apparently tried to do. It is a series of tubes you have to roll through. The other day I sent some internet to DJ and it took three days just to get to him because I forgot to grease the tubes.

You just need to regrease your internet tubes and then try again. You n00b.
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

All clear

Post by Nibs »

Oh man.

Yikes... sorry about that hack guys. I had the permissions wrong. Oh well, it's safe now. Glad it wasn't anything too disturbing. Did anyone go to that website? I hope it wasn't a virus. Oh dear.

Well thanks for the headsup. Phew.