Wicked

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
lee
No Pants Bean

More on Joseph

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

Yeah- I used to think those 2 musicals were basically the same too. (Did you know they were both done by Andrew Lloyd Weber?) But actually, Sneeches Christ is more of a rock opera with power-ballad like songs (like Rent). But Joseph is much more for kids with really fun memorable songs and silly lyrics.

Did you know Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Weber originally wrote Joseph for a friend of theirs who was teaching at a private boy's school and wanted some music for them to sing. It was such a hit, they wrote more songs and eventually turned it into a whole big musical. But it was like the first one they ever wrote... it's cool!

I'll see if I can upload it today at work... I think it's my #3 favorite musical music, next after Wicked.

Those things you saw in your pajamas
Were a long range forecast for your farmers
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Cool

Post by Gulliver »

Wow Lee that was really interesting. You are so smart about musicals and everything... I can't wait to hear the Joseph songs since you say they are almost as good as Wicked.

I just checked with mini-nibs and he says we have three songs from Sneeches Christ on our computer, do you have that album too?

Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
lee
No Pants Bean

Joseph is up!

Post by lee »

Hi there Gulliver,

I finally got Nibs to put up the Joseph songs. Sorry it took so long.

Anyway, give them a listen. I really can't get over how great they all are. Each one is a different style of music. And the lyrics are so funny! Let me know what you think

http://www.schlopstakovich.com/downloads.html

This is not the kind of thing we brothers like to hear
It seem to us that Joseph and his dreams should disappear
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Heyo

Post by Gulliver »

Hey Lee.

How is it going? Any Wicked news?

I'm not doing much, just chillin' with Peaches. What are you up to?

Well, talk to you later..
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

lee
No Pants Bean

The Last Schlopurai

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

No new Wicked news unfortunately.

But I got the Last Samurai soundtrack up for you. Track 3 is from the youtube clip. My favorite is track 6. I erased the names to make it go faster, hopefully you still like them.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.schlopstakovich.com/downloads.html
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

a challenge

Post by PB »

Gully,

Can you find the one Samurai track with voices on it?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah-Yah!

Post by Gulliver »

Whoa!

I've been listening to the Last Schlopurai and grooving along with the tunes, and then I hit track number nine (Red WarriorSchlop) and there were all these Schlopurais going 'Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Schlopa!' It was awesome! Thanks Lee, you have the best taste in music... this is my favorite track ever! Woooooooooo!

lee
No Pants Bean

Latest on Wicked

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

I have some exciting Wicked news...

First off, Mom got tickets to go see Wicked when it comes to Denver in May!! So she was pretty excited about that.

The bad news is that Maria won't still be on tour. She is leaving after she does the run in Toronto (for the next 7 weeks).

Also, I found out that she didn't get cast as the Elphaba understudy for the LA company. Instead they cast Shoshana BEAN (who was Elphaba on Broadway) as the understudy because apparently she wants to pursue a music career and be in LA to do it. So that is too bad that Maria had to go up against such tough competition. Robert was hoping that Soshana BEAN's music career takes off fast and the spot opens again for Maria.

Meanwhile, Wicked offered Maria a role in the chorus, but she declined. So now she'll be back on the open market and free to audition and pursue other stuff. I'll let you know what she gets...

Meanwhile, Robert got cast in some new Indi film called The Red Machine, about a mechanical encoding device used by the Japanese in WWII.

That's the latest from the Hollywood gossip.

Like a seed dropped from a sky bird
Halfway through the world
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

That's what friends are for

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Lee, I heard that Avenue Q-Schlop is going to be doing a national tour. Do you think we should go?

Yeah, me neither.

Sometime when someone has a crush on you
They make you a mix tape
To give you a clue

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Yoshimi vs the pink SCHLOPS

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Did you guys hear that there is going to be a musical based on the Yoshimi battles the pink Schlops album? It's true. It's going to be written by Aaron "Schlop's arguing" Sorkin.

Do you think it will be any good Lee?

Me neither.

lee
No Pants Bean

Maria == Carmen

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

That's so funny... I just listened to that album all day yesterday. Hm, I can't see that being a musical since all the songs are kind of slow... but you never know. I'd go see it.

Speaking of musicals, turns out that Maria Eberline got cast in CARMEN!! She is going to be on Broadway. I'm not sure what role she got cast as and I was trying to look it up but couldn't really find it... maybe you can find it. I know they practice for 3 months in San Diego before debuting on Broadway. Very cool.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, Gulliver! I miss you!

You and me
were never meant to be
part of the Future...
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

carmen on youtube

Post by Nibs »

Hey Gulliver Snacks,

I just watched this video on Carmen. It mostly features some Cirque du Soliel stuff since the Cirque guy is doing Carmen. I didnt see Maria in it. The music sounds pretty cool.

You should tell mininibs to check it out. But it's much better with sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckRF0Mf_NPE

Later Gulliver!
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

more on maria

Post by Nibs »

I think I heard that Maria is playing the understudy for the role Angenieux (pronounced "On-jen-new")

I'm not sure if that's a big role, but if it has an understudy it probably is.

I wonder if she's pissed off to be playing an understudy again.

Nibs out
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Hi

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Lee what do you think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEKXhRh7H-Y

Nibs you can watch it too.

lee
No Pants Bean

Fascinating

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

Check this out. Do you think I should go?

http://www.livenation.com/event/getEven ... p=37556991

I wonder if it will sell out. I'll be seeing Vienna Teng that day, do you think I should have you order me a ticket?