Wicked

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
lee
No Pants Bean

Prescient present

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

I somehow missed this post... just saw it now. Sorry about that.

I'm sorry you weren't around to go backstage with me and meet Maria. But you were in St Louis and I was in Denver... and you didn't fly out on your broomstick. Alas.

I just talked to Robert and he verified that yes, the new song on the site was the fan present. She recorded it in November apparently. Cool, I'll have to go check it out.

Yes, you do look like Elphie in that picture.... heh, good one.

I hear some rebel animals are giving her food and shelter
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Soon I'll match them in renown

Post by Gulliver »

Idina is a great Elphaba (I hope one day to be as good...) but don't take my word for it - see for yourselves!

http://www.youtube.com/w/Defying-Gravit ... =Letterman

Well if that's love, it comes at much too high a cost
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Lee's my friend!

Post by Gulliver »

Hey Lee!

What's up?

I've been doing some snacking lately. You?

Look at this cool clip I found of Wicked:

http://www.youtube.com/w/For-Good?v=YtO ... search=snl

And now whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

lee
No Pants Bean

Witches are GOOD

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

I finally watched that clip you posted. It's SO good!! It made me cry.

That's crazy that scene with Kristin and Idina where they're signing as the guy is writing... do you think that was real or reenacted? That's awesome to be able to have the singers right there while you're composing. Wow.

That was crazy how they were actually crying when they were performing. I cry every time at that song. Sniffle.

Also wanted to let you know that I'm gonna go see Les Mis this week at Cherry Creek High School. Do you like Les Mis songs?

Beans
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Wicked Rocks!

Post by Gulliver »

Wow Lee, that's awesome! Thanks for watching that clip! I thought it was cool too, glad to see that I was right! My favorite part is where one guy says 'It's so heavy handed' and the other says 'then let's do it'! Yeahhhh!

Hmmm, never heard of Lemmings Arabla. Look what I found about it on the wikipedias:
In 2002, a student edition of the musical became available. This is notable because it is unusual for a student edition to be released while professional productions (London and US touring productions) are still showing. However, all the actors in the school edition must be students (under 19 and unpaid), in order to prevent theatre companies from performing the show. It is also shorter than the "official" version, although no major scenes or songs have been removed. The official poster and cover art for the student edition features Cosette wearing a letterman jacket and holding several textbooks.

The immense popularity of the show has caused hundreds of high schools across the USA to pick up the show's rights and perform it. Some middle schools have also tackled this piece. It has also been performed in the United Kingdom, most notably by Young Inspirations Theatre Company in two separate venues, a feat for which they won the 'Best Young Production in the Midlands' in 2004. In the US, several younger casts have performed the play, beginning with St. Stephens Episcopal School in Austin, TX, directed by Michael McKelvey. It has also been performed in the United States, most notably by Trollwood Performing Arts School, in Fargo, North Dakota in 2003. It was a huge success in Fargo, with an audience member quoted as saying the show was better than the version she saw on broadway.
I wonder who that Fargo audience member was? They're famous!

Ok now to watch Scrubs with Snuffles!

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Idina in the news

Post by Gulliver »

Hey Lee - guess who is on the Late Late Show (with Craig Ferguson) tonight? You guessed it - Idina! I wonder if she will be appearing as Elphaba?

I want to watch it but I'm not sure I can stay up that late... can you TiVo it for me?

lee
No Pants Bean

Musical Update

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

Sorry I couldn't Tivo Elphaba on Craig Ferguson for you. Did you get a chance to watch it anyhow?

I'm sure Dave told you but Les Mis was pretty great. I really liked Javert, he was a cool character. I hear Dave ordered us some of the music!! That's very exciting.

Have you listened to much RENT at all? I'd love to know which songs you like. I went and finally bought the RENT dvd last night and watched it again. I really like it!!

The most celebrated are the rehabilitated
lee
No Pants Bean

Elphaba on the Ivories

Post by lee »

Gulliver!

I wanted to tell you. Mom bought the piano music to Wicked! So yesterday I was at home for a bit and I got to play all the songs!! It was very fun to do. I hope sometime you or Dave get a chance to try it. It's very satisfying to create that music yourself.

Woo!

There'll be such a whoop-de-doo
A celebration all through OZ
That's all to do with YOU
lee
No Pants Bean

hullo

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

How's it going?

Have you listened to any more of RENT? Do you have any favorite songs? I like so many of them.

I still don't think Avenue Q is nearly as good as Wicked. Too simple of music and too dirty of lyrics. But I was glad to hear it. There are about 4 good songs on there, I must admit, I find myself humming them to Schlop sometimes.

Mom's really good at playing the Wicked piano music now. I hope I can learn it too. It's fun.

Ok- well keep me posted on any musical news.

Our future is...unlimited...
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Musical News

Post by Gulliver »

Hey Lee - I found some musical news just like you wanted! Did you know that Disney is coming out with a musical Tarzan? It is in previews right now on Broadway. What do you think about that?

lee
No Pants Bean

Musical Talk

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

Thanks for the musical news...I'm sorry I knew about that one already. I wonder how they'll do it because it's hard to have vine swinging and sliding and all. I think they're hoping to build off the Lion King success. But who knows. I like the Tarzan songs so I'm all for it. Do you think Phil Collins will get royalties?

The other big musical news I heard was that they're making a musical of Interview with the Vampire. Seems like they always try to make vampire musicals. That'd be funny if Kirsten Dunst came back to play her original role.

Have a fuzzy day!
lee
No Pants Bean

Lestat Musical

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver

Hi from Chicago. Check out this website on the new Lestat musical. But it looks like it's getting pretty lousy reviews...which maybe is good because it won't threaten Wicked...

Have a good weekend!

http://www.lestat.com/
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Hey!

Post by Gulliver »

Hey Lee!

You too!

(have a good weekend I mean, not get bad reviews...)

lee
No Pants Bean

J-J-J-Joseph

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to see a musical tonight! It's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I've never seen it before- but I really like the music. Would you like me to upload it? I think it's pretty witty and interesting and you don't need to see the musical to get into it.

Let me know if you're interested. I'll keep you posted on how it is.

Did you know Amy Abrams? Adams? Something with an A? from American Idol will be playing the starring role?

(not Joseph...the narrator...)
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Cool beans

Post by Gulliver »

Hey Lee, sure that would be cool to hear the music! Do you think it sounds at all like Sneeches Christ SuperStar?

Have a good time!