X3

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

X3

Post by Nibs »

I'm sorry... but has there been an anthrax scare on the Schlop Forums or what?! Why are all these topics coming to me as emails rather than posts?! What gives?

Anywho... let's make this one a post:
Yo Nibs, have you seen the new X3 trailer that is now online?
No, not yet... I need to go check it out. What did you think?
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Snuff here

Post by Snuffles »

Oooooo Nibs! I haven't seen it yet!

Let me know if it is up to snuff (as they say)!

Yeah!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Beyond Snuff

Post by Nibs »

Snuffles,

I finally saw the X3 trailer and it was definitely up to Snuff. You should take a look and let me know what you think.

Meanwhile... Lee is probably going to go see a movie tonight. Any recommendations, guys?
Pawn
Almost Cool Enough to Talk to Schlop

Going Down In a Blaze of Glory (Road)

Post by Pawn »

Lee

You should go see Glory Road. It looks like a modern day Hoosiers. I hear Ebert LOVED it (actually I'm making that up... I have no idea what Ebert thought of it).
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Ooooh ooooh ooooh

Post by Snuffles »

Lee- you should see Cache!

It is the movie everyone is talking about here in the bean warren!!!
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Wooooo

Post by Snuffles »

Guys, I just heard that Lee has 'noted' my suggestion for seeing Cache! I'm not sure exactly what that means but I'm pretty sure it is good! Maybe it means my suggestion was very notable... Hmm, not sure. I hope she sees it though. Okay - bye for now!

(Have I been using too many exclamation points recently? It's just that I'm so excited! Oops there I go again! AAAAAAaahhhhhhh...)
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

Glory glory

Post by lee »

Snuffles,

I read a lot about Cache online. It looks really cool, especially with that twist ending and stuff that only people watching close can see. Looks like another Memento type movie. I can't wait to see it.

Alas... I didn't see it tonight. Instead I saw Glory Road. I know, I know. You guys all hate me for that. But it was pretty interesting- since it was a true story. And I know Dave said guys didn't dunk back then, but in the end-credits they showed the actual footage of the final NCAA game and the guy DID dunk! So you're wrong. It was also interesting to see that Pat Riley was a player on the Wildcats during the final game... pretty weird to think he was ever a player.

Anyhow, it wasn't GREAT or anything, but it was interesting and inspiring and all. It was no Hoosiers though.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Huh

Post by Snuffles »

Well so much for my notable suggestion, I guess...

Pbbbbbbbbbfffffffftttttt!
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

X marks the spot

Post by lee »

Hey guys.

Since the topic of this thread is X3... I thought I'd talk about Xmen for a bit. Schlop and I have recently discovered that the Xmen cartoon is on every night at 9:30. We've been watching. It's just as great as I remember.

We just recently watched The Phoenix Saga where a mysterious Phoenix energy takes over Jean Gray and then helps her take the crystal that could destory the universe to safety. But then this week we saw The Dark Phoenix Saga where the Phoenix energy turns to evil and Jean Gray starts destroying things. Pretty intense.

The best characters are Gambit and Wolverine. They're really funny.

XMen Fact of the Week:
Did you know Juggernaut is Professor Xavier's half-brother??
lee
No Pants Bean

I Need Cache!

Post by lee »

Snuffles wrote:Lee- you should see Cache!

It is the movie everyone is talking about here in the bean warren!!!
Hey Snuffles. Guess what?! Tonight I'm finally going to go and see Cache!! Hoo hoo. I'll let you know how it goes and if I catch the major "clue" at the end or whatever.

Do you think it's gonna be too scary for Nibs to come along?
lee
No Pants Bean

XMen tidings

Post by lee »

I should also point out on the forum something very sad.

The XMen cartoon was discontinued on JETIX, replaced by Mighty Morphin Power Rangers- Mystic Force.

I've been writing to JETIX to complain.

(Did you know that word on the Internet is that Toon Disney jumped the shark with JETIX?)

Anyhow, if anyone ever hears of another way to watch the XMen cartoon, please let me and Schlop know.

Beans
lee
No Pants Bean

Surgeon General's Warning: Cache

Post by lee »

DEAR LORD SNUFFLES.

I have NEVER and I mean NEVER watched a more TERRIFYING movie in my ENTIRE life. That was SCARIER than Seven, the Dark Crystal and every M Night Shamylan movie COMBINED. DEAR LORD. It's amazing I slept last night... I really think I might be permanently traumatized by that film.

Well... I can only hope that none of you bears ever see it... for it is far far too scary of a movie.

I am curious about the twist and all that... I will have to talk to Dave in more detail.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

My bad

Post by Snuffles »

Sorry Lee - I had no idea Cache was going to be so scary! I guess this teaches me the lesson not to go recommending any movies until I personally have seen them - or one of the other bears has seen them and gives me the go-ahead.

Still buddies?
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

Don't feel Bad!

Post by lee »

Snuffles,

It's no problem- don't feel bad for recommending a scary movie. I know you hadn't seen it, it's not your fault.

Still buddies? Of course, Snuffles! ALWAYS buddies!
lee
No Pants Bean

Sighting confirmed

Post by lee »

I just thought I should probably point out that I actually SAW X3 this weekend.

It was interesting. But kind of unusual. I mean...

***SPOILER WARNING***

they kill 3 of the XMEN, and then they take away the mutant powers for Magneto, Mystique, and Rogue!

That leaves Wolverine and Storm, really. Pretty lame if you ask me.

The only good stuff was that at the end, Magneto seemed to be getting his power back and plus Xavier seems to still be alive, so that's good.

Anyway, very unusual to see so many main characters die. Otherwise, it was alright.