Dune

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Dune

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you House Atreides guys,

In 2008 I posted about a Dune movie in the works directed by Peter Berg. Well here we are over 10 years later and that movie was never made. But guess what - there is a new Dune movie coming by some guy named Denis who also made Arrival.

I know Gulliver and Lee are the resident Dune experts so I will let them weigh in on what they think of the casting. It will star Timothee Chalamet (who likes Peaches) and also include Dave Bautista, Javier Bardem, and Josh Brolin.

Oh, and a question for Sneeches - who is Chani?
In the SHNOOD!
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

OMG

Post by Sneeches »

ZENDAYA IS CHANI!!!!!!!
Nibs

He needs pointers from Ash

Post by Nibs »

We're still so miffed that he didn't know what FEAR is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUyEB_lXUEM
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Kareem Abdul Gom Jabbar

Post by Gulliver »

Yesterday Lee and I watched the Dune trailer and it was epic. We both were surprised they showed the worm in the trailer since now everyone will know what the worm looks like and maybe less people will see the movie since people might have only wanted to see it because they were curious what the worm looked like.

But even though Lee and I know now what the worm looks like we will still go see it to support Zendaya as Chani.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Duddles
King of the World Bean

The little mouse

Post by Duddles »

Hoo, I like the little mouse that jumps... what his name?
Where's Petri?
Shnoodles

Overdune

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Spicy guys,

I'm sad to report that the long-awaited Dune movie will have to be awaited a little more - it just got delayed until Schloptober 2021.

The good news is that the internet speed is blazin' fast at Schlop's new crib - so I will be able to keep all y'all up-to-date instantaneously on all upcoming movie delays!
In the SHNOOD!
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

¡Wepa Zendaya!

Post by mini-nibs »

Yesterday we watched the Dune Trailer #2 (Official Main Trailer) and Sneeches came up with this SNARF-larious joke about Chani saying Nina's line from In the Schlops. Everyone was snarfing so much we had to pause the trailer and start over!

Here is my photoschlop attempt at that moment:
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

In the Dunes

Post by Nibs »

Hoo hoo snarf! Thanks Mini-Nibs!

I took a crack at one too. I posted it publicly to imgur... we'll see if Duddles account gets any upvotes...

Shnoodles

Dune in a week

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you sandy guys,

This is not a drill - Dune is coming out in one week! Everyone make sure your stillsuits are in working order and prepare for imminent arrival to Arrakis. Please stow your gom jabbars in an upright and locked position.

Wow I know everyone is so excited about Dune - but don't get too excited - excitement is the mind killer.

Dune will be arriving on HBO Schlop on Schloptober 22nd. Cool!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Dune accelerating

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you House Atreides stans,

OMG! I just heard that Dune is now going to be released on HBO Schlops on Thursday at 5 pm Muffins time which is 3 pm Schlop Time and is also 3 pm Duddles Fuzzy Time!

This is a day earlier than I had aniticipated!

Wowza! My stillsuit isn't even finished yet!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Prepare your worms

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Dunedains,

A plan is formulating amidst the Bene Gesserit bears that tomorrow we will first watch the first half of Dune and then convene on Zoom to kibbutz about it before then finishing the movie!

But remember that this movie is just the first half of the Dune book, so in reality we will be kibbutzing about just the first quarter of what happened in the book which means we might not even get to Arrakis at that point let alone see any worms let alone the little mouse that jumps (sorry Duddles).

Whew, this is already pretty confuzzing!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Through the worm hole

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lisan al Gaibs,

After years of anticipation - us bears finally got to watch Dune (part 1) yesterday! What an event. Reviews were positive across the bed - Lee liked how the Bene Gesserit used sign language to communicate and Duddles spotted the little mouse that jumps three separate times! I liked the language of the Harkonnens which sounded like Mongolian throat singing and also the noise DJ makes while eating pancakes. Some bears had issues with the desaturated colors that were a bit murky and hard to see at times, and also Lee would have preferred the worms to have eyes - maybe like this?

Hopefully Denis can fix that for when Part 2 comes out.

Dune is gonna be on HBO Schlops for 30 days so we can watch it 29 more times!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

The Pillows of Dune

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Butlerian jihadists,

I almost forgot to mention how Schlop had a real issue with the pillows on Arrakis. I think it was that the pillows were too big - but I might have heard wrong. Schlop seemed really flummoxed by the pillows though and I will be sure to look for them on my next rewatch to see what exactly was up with them. I imagine it was one person's entire job just to pick out the pillows, and maybe they thought in the year 10,191 pillows would have become bigger? I know Schlop can be picky about his pillows though...
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Dune Part 2 green light!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Sardaukar acolites,

Great news - based off the success of Dune part 1 this past weekend they have now greenlit Dune part 2!

https://deadline.com/2021/10/dune-seque ... 234862383/

This is great for all of us bears who haven't read the book like Lee and Gulliver - we will now get to find out what happens with Paul and if he will get to avenge the death of his father Leto and if he will get to ride a worm using Desert Power.

I think us bears deserve a lot of credit for the greenlight since there were probably a dozen of us who watched Dune on HBO Schlops and that must have put the viewership numbers over the top.

Dune Part 2 will come out in Schloptober 2023 - so prepare your schedules accordingly.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

A third Dune?!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you kwisatz haderachs,

I just posted about the Dune sequel, and now there is word the director wants to make a third movie!

https://ew.com/movies/denis-villeneuve- ... ne-movies/

The third movie would cover what happens in the sequel book called Dune Messiah which even Lee and Gulliver have not read - wow!
In the SHNOOD!