Muffins

Food is a very important topic on these forums. We now have a new category devoted entirely to it (including any and all muffins, pancakes, and pastries).
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Good nose!

Post by Muffins »

Hey guys - it turns out I only lost the outer film on my nose - and Lee says it is all part of the natural muffins aging process. Phew!

Recently Lee and Schlop were here, there was such a hubbub I forgot to ask about those mini-muffins. Did we get those? I'll keep looking around for Petri.
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
lee
No Pants Bean

Mini-Muffins Managed

Post by lee »

Yes, I also realized that we tragically forgot to get mini-mufifns while in St Louis.

To remedy this, Schlop and I went to the store yesterday and bought a pack of mini-muffins!! We got three flavors (all in one pack). Cranberry, Pumpkin (Schlop was ever so excited!), and Carrot. There were 4 of each. Now there are 3 of each, since Schlop has been nibbling.

I will try to take a picture of the pack and of Schlop next to a mini-muffin so you can get a feel for the size.

To conclude the report... the pumpkin muffins were soft and yummy, the carrot ones were too strongly flavored, felt like eating a raw carrot... not as good, and the cranberry ones were also soft and yummy.

Schlop approves of these mini-muffins.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Mini muffins

Post by Petri »

So is Schlop going to eat all of those? I think I would like a cranberry one please, especially since it is soft and yummy.

Also when you take a picture could you have Nibs in the picture too? He is closer to my size and would give me a better sense of how big the muffins are. But don't get him too close to the muffins (for oil residue reasons) thanks!
Duddles' deeds be done.
lee
No Pants Bean

And it's muffins, by a nose

Post by lee »

Muffins,

Do you think it's cool that your muffin thread is the first one to reach 2 pages so far on the forum? Kudos to you for finding the topic that the most people were interested in!

I wonder if you should start a whole Muffins subsection, with categories of muffin posts. Schlop thinks you should move your post to the Food section. But that's Schlop for you.
lee
No Pants Bean

Mini update

Post by lee »

I have another update on the mini-muffins.

I can eat them in 2 bites. Schlop usually takes 4.

Currently there are 3 carrot mini-muffins left and 1 cranberry. GULP! Make that 0 cranberry.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop nibbles

Post by Gulliver »

He he - Schlop takes little girly bites when he eats muffins. No wonder his best friend is Nibbles! Get it? He eat likes a bird. Ha ha. What a goober! I could probably swallow one of those mini muffins like a grape!
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Muffins in the news

Post by Muffins »

Hello fellow muffin enthusiasts!

I just read the Wikipedia entry on muffins - I know that you're thinking 'Hey Muffins, how could there be any muffins knowledge that you don't already know?' - but it's true, even I learned a lot! Check out some interesting factoids:

The rising market for gourmet snacks to accompany gourmet coffees resulted in fancier concoctions in greater bulk than the original modestly-sized corn muffin. Today it is not unusual to find a muffin along the lines of "coconut-almond-cherry-chocolate" the size of a small baby's head.

The marketing trend toward larger muffins also resulted in new muffin pan types for home-baking, not only for increased size. Since the area ratio of muffin top to muffin bottom changed considerably when the traditional small round exploded into a giant mushroom, consumers became more aware of the difference between the soft texture of tops, allowed to rise unfettered, and rougher, tougher bottoms, restricted by the pans. There was a brief foray into pans which could produce "all-top" muffins, i.e., extremely shallow, large-diameter cups. However, the reality of muffin physics prevented the fad from getting very far.

Several states of the United States have a state muffin:

Minnesota — blueberry muffin
Massachusetts — corn muffin
Hawaii — coconut muffin
New York — apple muffin
Washington — blueberry muffin

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffin
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop eats muffins like a baby

Post by Gulliver »

Hah hah - thanks to those pictures Lee posted - we now have conclusive proof that Schlop does indeed eat muffins like a goober! In fact, he has to be fed the mini-muffins just like a baby on a high-chair! Ha ha ha. I'm surprised you didn't mash up the muffin first, Lee. Hoo hoo. What a goober.

If she let him fight his own battles when he was young, he wouldn't be a coward today
Last edited by Gulliver on Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

I'll mash you, you big blue ape

Post by Nibs »

Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm off the boards for a few days and THIS is what I find? This kind of disrespect directed at Schlop?! What's got into you, Gulliver?!

Lee was just holding up a muffin to show you some size-perspective. You know Schlop doesn't eat Muffins... he eats TUNA. But he might mash you up with mayo and maybe a few onions and eat YOU if you don't watch out.

I expect to see some more respect with regard to Schlop in the future.

(BTW, that video clip is hysterical)
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Put them in a STEW

Post by PB »

Heh, heh.

Major PROPS on that Sean Astin clip, Brotha.

Damn funny stuff.
Pawn
Almost Cool Enough to Talk to Schlop

...can't stop laughing...

Post by Pawn »

Giggle, giggle

That's SO funny! Po- ta - toes! Hee hee.
lee
No Pants Bean

What's taters, precious?

Post by lee »

Gulliver- that clip is SO funny!

Are there more like them? Where did you find it?

I'm very impressed.
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Nibsaholic

Post by PB »

Hey- I heard that Nibs got WASTED that one time in St Louis! I can't believe it. What was he drinking? I wish I coulda been there to see that.

I should probaby make this a new thread but someone told me it's bad to start new threads, so I'll post it here.

Word
Schlop
The One and Only

*glare*

Post by Schlop »

Gulliver wrote:We now have conclusive proof that Schlop does indeed eat muffins like a goober!
Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Meep Mop Moop
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Muffins and Pancakes together!

Post by Snuffles »

Hey guys - I was watching Jeopardy today and there was a clue that combined both pancakes and muffins! How cool. The common link between the two was blueberries - my favorite. Hopefully this will help overcommon some of the arguments that a few of us (I wont name names) have had between pancakes and muffins.

Used in pancakes and muffins, this berry is often confused with a huckleberry
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song