www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index www.schlopstakovich.com
The Only Online Schlop Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muffins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muffins
Schlop's Right-Hand Bean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Good nose! Reply with quote

Hey guys - it turns out I only lost the outer film on my nose - and Lee says it is all part of the natural muffins aging process. Phew!

Recently Lee and Schlop were here, there was such a hubbub I forgot to ask about those mini-muffins. Did we get those? I'll keep looking around for Petri.
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Mini-Muffins Managed Reply with quote

Yes, I also realized that we tragically forgot to get mini-mufifns while in St Louis.

To remedy this, Schlop and I went to the store yesterday and bought a pack of mini-muffins!! We got three flavors (all in one pack). Cranberry, Pumpkin (Schlop was ever so excited!), and Carrot. There were 4 of each. Now there are 3 of each, since Schlop has been nibbling.

I will try to take a picture of the pack and of Schlop next to a mini-muffin so you can get a feel for the size.

To conclude the report... the pumpkin muffins were soft and yummy, the carrot ones were too strongly flavored, felt like eating a raw carrot... not as good, and the cranberry ones were also soft and yummy.

Schlop approves of these mini-muffins.
Petri
Bow Down Before This Bean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Mini muffins Reply with quote

So is Schlop going to eat all of those? I think I would like a cranberry one please, especially since it is soft and yummy.

Also when you take a picture could you have Nibs in the picture too? He is closer to my size and would give me a better sense of how big the muffins are. But don't get him too close to the muffins (for oil residue reasons) thanks!
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: And it's muffins, by a nose Reply with quote

Muffins,

Do you think it's cool that your muffin thread is the first one to reach 2 pages so far on the forum? Kudos to you for finding the topic that the most people were interested in!

I wonder if you should start a whole Muffins subsection, with categories of muffin posts. Schlop thinks you should move your post to the Food section. But that's Schlop for you.
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Mini update Reply with quote

I have another update on the mini-muffins.

I can eat them in 2 bites. Schlop usually takes 4.

Currently there are 3 carrot mini-muffins left and 1 cranberry. GULP! Make that 0 cranberry.
Gulliver
Nibs can has Cheezburger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Schlop nibbles Reply with quote

He he - Schlop takes little girly bites when he eats muffins. No wonder his best friend is Nibbles! Get it? He eat likes a bird. Ha ha. What a goober! I could probably swallow one of those mini muffins like a grape!

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Muffins
Schlop's Right-Hand Bean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Muffins in the news Reply with quote

Hello fellow muffin enthusiasts!

I just read the Wikipedia entry on muffins - I know that you're thinking 'Hey Muffins, how could there be any muffins knowledge that you don't already know?' - but it's true, even I learned a lot! Check out some interesting factoids:

The rising market for gourmet snacks to accompany gourmet coffees resulted in fancier concoctions in greater bulk than the original modestly-sized corn muffin. Today it is not unusual to find a muffin along the lines of "coconut-almond-cherry-chocolate" the size of a small baby's head.

The marketing trend toward larger muffins also resulted in new muffin pan types for home-baking, not only for increased size. Since the area ratio of muffin top to muffin bottom changed considerably when the traditional small round exploded into a giant mushroom, consumers became more aware of the difference between the soft texture of tops, allowed to rise unfettered, and rougher, tougher bottoms, restricted by the pans. There was a brief foray into pans which could produce "all-top" muffins, i.e., extremely shallow, large-diameter cups. However, the reality of muffin physics prevented the fad from getting very far.

Several states of the United States have a state muffin:

Minnesota blueberry muffin
Massachusetts corn muffin
Hawaii coconut muffin
New York apple muffin
Washington blueberry muffin

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffin
Gulliver
Nibs can has Cheezburger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Schlop eats muffins like a baby Reply with quote

Hah hah - thanks to those pictures Lee posted - we now have conclusive proof that Schlop does indeed eat muffins like a goober! In fact, he has to be fed the mini-muffins just like a baby on a high-chair! Ha ha ha. I'm surprised you didn't mash up the muffin first, Lee. Hoo hoo. What a goober.

If she let him fight his own battles when he was young, he wouldn't be a coward today

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Nibs
Bean Bag Bean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: I'll mash you, you big blue ape Reply with quote

Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm off the boards for a few days and THIS is what I find? This kind of disrespect directed at Schlop?! What's got into you, Gulliver?!

Lee was just holding up a muffin to show you some size-perspective. You know Schlop doesn't eat Muffins... he eats TUNA. But he might mash you up with mayo and maybe a few onions and eat YOU if you don't watch out.

I expect to see some more respect with regard to Schlop in the future.

(BTW, that video clip is hysterical)
PB
Legendary Bean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Put them in a STEW Reply with quote

Heh, heh.

Major PROPS on that Sean Astin clip, Brotha.

Damn funny stuff.
Pawn
Almost Cool Enough to Talk to Schlop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: ...can't stop laughing... Reply with quote

Giggle, giggle

That's SO funny! Po- ta - toes! Hee hee.
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: What's taters, precious? Reply with quote

Gulliver- that clip is SO funny!

Are there more like them? Where did you find it?

I'm very impressed.
PB
Legendary Bean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Nibsaholic Reply with quote

Hey- I heard that Nibs got WASTED that one time in St Louis! I can't believe it. What was he drinking? I wish I coulda been there to see that.

I should probaby make this a new thread but someone told me it's bad to start new threads, so I'll post it here.

Word
Schlop
The One and Only

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: *glare* Reply with quote

Gulliver wrote:
We now have conclusive proof that Schlop does indeed eat muffins like a goober!

Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Snuffles
Schloptastic Bean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Muffins and Pancakes together! Reply with quote

Hey guys - I was watching Jeopardy today and there was a clue that combined both pancakes and muffins! How cool. The common link between the two was blueberries - my favorite. Hopefully this will help overcommon some of the arguments that a few of us (I wont name names) have had between pancakes and muffins.

Used in pancakes and muffins, this berry is often confused with a huckleberry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: