Muffins

Food is a very important topic on these forums. We now have a new category devoted entirely to it (including any and all muffins, pancakes, and pastries).
lee
No Pants Bean

Muffins

Post by lee »

Well it's about time we had an official Muffin thread in the food section. I was about to reply in the other Muffin area... but decided to start up here.

So in New Zealand I had two muffins.

One was a Carrot and Walnt muffin. It was HUGE and very yummy. Kind of like carrot cake with nuts. But more healthy and delicious.

One was an Apple Bran muffin. This was an attempt to be like a Raisin Bran muffin, only apple chunks instead of raisins. I regret to report that it made the whole muffin rather squishy and soggy and it was altogether fairly bland and unpleasant. I also ate it in the cold while watching a chess game.
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Re: Muffins

Post by PB »

lee wrote:I regret to report that it made the whole muffin rather squishy and soggy and it was altogether fairly bland and unpleasant.
I know something else that matches that description...

Starts with an N.... ends with an S....
Rafiki
Prolific Bean

Shnitzel with Shnoodles?

Post by Rafiki »

PB wrote: Starts with an N.... ends with an S....
I do say, I think he must mean "Noodles!" What an outrage... that poor bear who is named after Noodles must be so upset. Perhaps he would've been better off to be named after Schnitzel.

Harumph.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Mini-muffins

Post by Petri »

I have heard that there exist such things as mini-muffins. Is this true? I think I might like to try one of these! Can Lee get them when she comes to visit? I would like one mini-muffin please.
Duddles' deeds be done.
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Woooo Wooooo!

Post by Muffins »

Allright, Petri is on-board the Muffin Train!

Woooooo wooooooo!

chugachugachugachugachuga.

Next stop - Muffinsville!
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Petri have you thought about mini-pancakes?

Post by DJ »

Petri - I see you have been interested and asking questions about food, specifically food of the muffin variety.

Well, I am here to ask if you have given any thought to pancakes. Pancakes are a food too that is very similar to muffins but in many ways better. For example, pancakes are flat. Also pancakes can be made to be virtually any size. I have seen very big pancakes and also little pancakes. In fact the last time Lee was here I personally saw her make a pancake that was no bigger than a penny! Can you believe that? How about if I ask her to make you one of those mini-pancakes. Then you can try it out and see what you think. I believe you will find it very good to eat.

Good pancakes to you!
Zupancakes
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

MODERATOR!

Post by Muffins »

Whoa - DJ, this is the muffins thread OK? If you want to try to talk to Petri about pancakes, I'm sure he would be more than willing to go to your pancake technician thread to do so. But this here is for muffins and muffins only!

Anyway, Petri, I'll talk to Lee about those mini-muffins and see what I can do. Do you want a special kind of muffin? You can put pretty much anything in a muffin you want these days, but I have a few favorites I can recommend. Like cranberry.
lee
No Pants Bean

Schlopkin Muffins

Post by lee »

Remember that time when Schlop really wanted a Pumpkin Muffin and he kept talking about it and then finally went to Einsteins to get it and they were gone.

Hoo hoo.

I will look into this mini-muffin business, Petri and Muffins.
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Muffin ramblin's

Post by Muffins »

That's crazy about that pumpkin muffin story - I can't believe Schlop went to all that trouble and then there wasn't any pumpkin muffin at all. It really makes you think. This muffin business can be a rough-and-tumble one for sure. You are never guaranteed the muffin you desire, let alone any muffin at all (for that matter). Muffin back-up plans are well-advised, and muffin let-downs can be tough to recover from (horror stories such as Schlops truly abound). When one truly finds a muffin of their dreams and then eats said muffin, well - such joy is hardly found in the arena of pancakes. Each muffin is like a little blessing. May all of you find the muffin with the ingredients you are longing for, and may it never be soggy.

Top of the muffin to you all.
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Which way to the pancake arena?

Post by DJ »

Where can I go to find this pancake arena you speak of? Should I bring my own plate?
Zupancakes
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Ow!

Post by Muffins »

Unfortunately, I won't be posting in the muffins thread for awhile - I had an accident during the bath and lost my nose. This is quite a sad moment for me since I enjoyed very much the aromas of freshly baked muffins and smelling these aromas which unfortunately I won't be able to do anymore. But I will be back one day to discuss more about muffins - and in the meantime I hope everyone does not take for granted their muffins and enjoys many a muffin over Thanksgiving.

Muffins forever!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Sad nose

Post by Duddles »

That is sad news indeed Muffins. When I heard you all were going to take a bath I had much trepidations. I too know how painful it can be to lose a nose - in fact my nose was never found again. Should we start a support group?
Where's Petri?
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Let's have a muffin together

Post by DJ »

Muffins - I was most saddened to hear about your nose. I too felt that bath was spinning much too fast and think I may have scratched my own nose. I think we should put aside our pancake/muffins differences and band together for support after this most harrowing bath. Perhaps do you want to share a muffin with me?
Zupancakes
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Nose-buddy

Post by Snuffles »

Hey Muffins - that sucks! I can be your nose-buddy if you want - it's like how Petri goes around with Duddles and tells him what different smells there are, I could hang out with you to tell you about different muffins smells? Well, I hope your recuperation goes well.
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Thanks guys!

Post by Muffins »

Wow I never knew there were so many muffin afficianados in the house! All this support has really brightened my outlook!

Keep on muffinin', fellows!