Ash Ash!

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Ash Ash!

Post by Snuffles »

I can't believe we don't have an Ash thread!?!

Ash is the best! He is the child of destiny long foretold by our ancestors. He is the messiah who will help us rise up! He is the kwisatz haderach who will unite the worlds.

And that is why us bears decided to all go out and vote for Ash today! Ash 4 Prez!

"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Ash Wednesday, Y'all

Post by Snuffles »

Today is Ash Wednesday!

This is a day where people all over the globe celebrate the benevolence of Ash by marking their foreheads with some ash. It shows that we are all one in our belief that Ash is the coolest baby!

If you don't have any ash you can also use toast crumbs!
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

The prophecy is coming to pass!

Post by Snuffles »

Ash has started learning the language of humans! His first word was doll, followed by moon, and then bear and ball. Wow!

I think he is trying to tell us an important message and we just have to figure it out.

By doll I think he must mean stuffies like us. And by moon he must be referring to the crescent moon pattern that some of us bears have on our bellies. Ball must mean round. So putting it all together...

He is calling for the roundest bear stuffie with a crescent moon belly!

SNEECHES?!
- the Thong Song
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Date with destiny

Post by Nibs »

It is very exciting that in just 6 days Lee and Ash will potentially be in the same place at the same time!

I wonder if Lee will be able to meet Ash? Or perhaps he will be napping backstage? Or maybe he will be playing with other baby friends? Or do you think he'll be napping at Michael Chabon's house?

What should Lee say to Ash if she gets to meet him? Maybe I can be in a picture with him, that would be my new Best Celeb Photo!

Ash Ash! Travel safe little Ash!
Nibs

Ash countdown

Post by Nibs »

Tomorrow night is the big night for potentially meeting Ash!

Oh man, what should we say to him?

Ball? Doll? Moon?

Hoo hooo!

I wonder if we'll freeze up like when we met Jerry and Mike. Hopefully we can give Ash a hug!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Ash hugs!

Post by Snuffles »

Good luck in your quest to meet Ash, Nibs!

All use flyover bears are rooting for you.

Also if Ash touches you make sure you don't wash that spot of fur... ever!
- the Thong Song
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Lee's adventure

Post by Muffins »

I heard from Shnoodles who heard from mini-Nibs who heard from Snuffles that Lee had quite an adventure going to the Laura Palmer concert yesterday.

Lee first traveled to a sea known as the Sound of Check. Lee was on the lookout for Ash when she saw a strange ghost child appear out of nowhere - in a place that no boy child should be!

Lee had her crew follow the apparition until they realized it was not Ash at all.

Lee then went to the show and was able to make it all the way to what was left of the stage. The concert was creepy and there was a cool Komodo dragon on stage. Suddenly a great poisonous fog rolled in and Lee was trapped!

Luckily Lee found a rare Machete and was able to escape. Ash had not been found. Fortunately the milk was unharmed.

I think I got that all correct, let me know if I missed anything Lee.
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Ash Stuffie day!

Post by Snuffles »

I can't believe it!

Ash has gotten his first official stuffie!

Ash has been trying hard to communicate to us stuffies and Neil finally took notice after Ash tried to take stuffies from other babies. Ash was then taken to a store where he was able to pick one stuffie. Wow can you imagine being that lucky stuffie who was selected from all others by Ash?

I wonder what the stuffie's name is? I wonder what type of animal it is? Why did he get a pink one and not blue? So many questions!

- the Thong Song
Nibs

HAPPY ASH DAY!!

Post by Nibs »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH!!!!

For turning TWO Ash decided to wear a shirt to honor ALL BEARS!!!!

Ash loves bears and bears love Ash! Bear is his favorite word even before Buddha!

Hooooooooo! Bears sending SO MANY birthday hugs to ASH!!!!

Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Ash is three

Post by Snuffles »

Today Ash turns three!

Ash is currently in England helping Neil finish editing of Good Omens. For his B-day Ash got to see an Icelandic animated film and then went to see an immersive theater show inspired by the sounds and music of Fantasia in a place called The Vaults. Wow - I don't think Lee saw her first immersive theater show until she was like four. Bears continue to be amazed with how cultured Ash is!

- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Nibs in the Land of Ash

Post by Snuffles »

Legend has it that Nibs has embarked on an epic trek to the Land of Ash!

He is going to stay in a Teeny Tiny Trailer and wait for Ash to appear.

Kinda like the Great Pumpkin!

Good luck, Nibs!
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Ash + Odin Day

Post by Snuffles »

Today is Ash Wednesday which is a day for celebrating both Ash the Kwisatz Haderach as well as Norse all-father Odin.

Bears will enjoy a glass of mead in celebration - or if we can't find any mead then an apple juice box will suffice.
- the Thong Song
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Book for Ash

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Neil announced that he has written a book for Ash which is called Pirate's Stew. It is about pirates who have to be babysitters and Chris Riddell is illustrating and maybe Stu is in it too?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Nibs

Four more years!

Post by Nibs »

Huzzah Fuzzah!

It's the best day of the year! The day our Kwisatz Haderach turns FOUR YEARS OLD!

Ash has already begun primary school in London, because he is so advanced and looks so dashing in a uniform. A rite of passage usually reserved for Five Years olds in the states.

Ash remains deeply invested in the Beatles and performances of all types. He likes stories and climbing trees. To honor his birthday and us bears, Ash wrote a story about a Fox in the Forest- the very card game that Lee and I spent all summer playing at the cabin! Ash is the best!

Here is Ash in a tree at age 4!

Remember that time Ash came within 1 mile of Schlop and hugged a mailbox?! I wonder what Ash will hug next!

Bears send BIRTHDAY HUGS to ASH!
Nibs

Ash will sein un Eisbar, im kalten polar

Post by Nibs »

OH MY GOODNESS!

Lee and I have just stumbled upon an incredible discovery!

This is a video from a show Amanda did back in 2016 when Ash was just 1 year old. But it is worth watching the whole 8 minutes!

Amanda ends up singing Ash a lullaby but not just any lullaby. She redoes the German song Eisbar as a lullaby! This was Lee and my favorite song back at the height of Knut's career! AMAZING!!!

As we all know, Eisbar means Polar Bear in German and she even makes reference to some potential Polar Bear stuffies Ash has back at home!

Best scoop of the year (aside from last week when Dave scooped Ash's address). Hooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCAea_y ... 1p5j2nby-A