Birthday Pie

Food is a very important topic on these forums. We now have a new category devoted entirely to it (including any and all muffins, pancakes, and pastries).
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Birthday Pie

Post by Nibs »

Hey... Happy May 7th everybody!!

I hear that you bears are going to have some slices of Birthday Pie!! I hope it's delicious. Wish we could be there to share it with you.

I hope it's full of fruits and is a fruit pie. Or maybe a Pumpkin Pie would be good too. I picture it looking like a big tart... only with candles!
lee
No Pants Bean

Hoo hoo hoo

Post by lee »

Duddles asked me to post for him and say that he doesn't need any slices of Birthday Pie... the only kind of pie he wants is the ESKIMO kind!

Hoo hoo hoo...
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Custard Pie hoo!

Post by Duddles »

Hullo!

Lee came and took me to Snack Shack and she bought me a custard and a slice of cherry pie.

The chef accidentally dropped the pie slice and mashed it into the custard - but luckily it still turned out great. Each bite had a bit of cherry pie together with some custard.

It was yummy!

We also had cheesy fries hoo hoo!
Where's Petri?
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Carrot Cake

Post by Nibs »

This seems to be the thread to talk about birthday foodstuffs!

Since we can't do anything for Lee's birthday this year due to Omicron, Lee and I decided to try and make a birthday cake together!

It was very fun. I spammed the St Louis bears with a thousand photos of every step of the process, but we'll just sum it up here.

We started with these ingredients:

And turned them into this cake:

And then I got a piece!

There were a few mistakes along the way, but given that we've never baked a cake before, I declare it a big success!

The frosting was missing a few ingredients and tastes a little odd... but the cake part was decent!

Bears gonna each have a piece of the giant sheet cake!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Icing 4 DJ

Post by DJ »

I can't believe you made that whole cake, Nibs!

I wish there was a bear around here that was aces in the kitchen like you, but there is nary a baker among us. I don't think the oven has even ever been turned on here.

I had a dream that I was covered in icing and had to eat my way out, what do you think that means?
Zupancakes
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Fat raccoon food heist foiled!

Post by Muffins »

The other night Schlop was quietly minding his own business when there came a sudden thud - very much like the sound of a fat raccoon falling from a great height. It turns out two raccoons of the obese variety had somehow managed to open Schlop's outdoor fridge where he was keeping a most prized possession - the world's best pumpkin pie!

Luckily Lee was able to fight off the ferocious raccoons using the light of earendil and send them scurrying back into the shadows - and the pie was unharmed!

It is important for the forest bears to stay vigilant and make sure these crafty raccoons don't make any more brazen food heist attempts!
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"