The Schlobbit

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

The Schlobbit

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you hobbit guys,

It's been confirmed that Guillermo Del Schlopo will be directing the upcoming movie... the Schlobbit! I know Lee is looking forward to this movie - but will it be too scary like Pan's Labyrinth?

I wonder if Legoschlops will be in it?

Oh, I also heard that they are making two movies - one that covers the book (The Schlobbit book) and a second one that bridges that gap between The Schlobbit and The Lord of the Schlops. Can you verify this Lee?
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

A dark day

Post by lee »

Oh wow- you started a Schlobbit thread! I just found your post under Schlop's Labyrinth and replied, but you're right, it's confirmed. I can't believe Peter Jackson is going to ruin my life like this. WAAAAAHHHHH.

And you're right about the two movies- I wonder how that will play out. It must be so much pressure to make these movies now. Anysneech, I just hope they dont scare Sneeches too much, hopefully Peter Jackson will lay down the law.

Good reporting, Shnoods.
Shnoodles

Schloprageous

Post by Shnoodles »

I just heard that Guillermo del Schlopo doesn't even like Schlobbits!
I was never into heroic fantasy. At all. I don't like little guys and dragons, hairy feet, hobbits -- I've never been into that at all. I don't like sword and sorcery, I hate all that stuff.
Lee's way more into hairy feet and Schlobbits... I think she should direct!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

A little defensive

Post by Shnoodles »

Guillermo del Schlopo talks! He responds to the rumors that he doesn't even like schlobbits.
They can dredge up old cadavers in my closet. I'm not running for president. I'm a f---ing filmmaker! I'm just trying to make the movie I want to.
Sounds pretty defensive! What do you think Lee, should we trust Guillermo?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

The Turn of the Tide

Post by Shnoodles »

It looks like the same actor will be back to play Gandalf in the Schlobbit movie.
McKellen's sonorous interpretation of Gandalf in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy delighted fans and critics
Sometimes Schlop is pretty sonorous when he naps...
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Post by lee »

Man Shnoodles, you are really on the ball with this Schlobbit news! Thanks so much!

I cant tell you how scared I am of what's going to happen to these films!! I can't BELIEVE that interview with GdT? Not only is he SUPER defensive, as you pointed out, but he promises it will be DARKER:
It is my hope that when "The Hobbit" gets scary, it will get really scary. Peter is a master of the macabre, but I think these scary moments will have a tonal distinction from the original trilogy.
WAAAAHHH!!!!

But then he even goes so far as to BASH my favorite movie!!!
The movie turns darker as it progresses. Don't expect me to do "The Neverending Story."
This is going to be a DISASTER!!! Can't we vote him out of the director's chair?!!!!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Neverending Schlopy

Post by Snuffles »

I can't believe he said the Neverending Schlopy isn't scary! That movie is really scary... the rock biter... the wolf... the sphinxes that shoot lasers out of their eyes when they look at you and lasers come out...

I bet Falkor could fly circles around Smaug!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Shnoodles

Beorn in the USA

Post by Shnoodles »

I'm excited to see Beorn in the Schlobbit movie. Beorn is a man who also turns into a black bear. I think it would be much cooler if they made it a brown bear in the movie though. But as long as they don't make the bear pink it will be okay... that would just be silly!
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Guillermo de Atrocity

Post by lee »

Snuffles, I know!! I completely agree- the Neverending Story was COMPLETELY scary- Gmork gave every child nightmares for years to come! How can you be a fantasy director and start knocking classic fantasy movies that paved the road for you to be where you are today?

Mainly I'm concerned that shouldn't GdT be a little more careful about what he says to the press? Shouldn't he be trained by now to give politically correct neutral answers instead of letting reporters get him all riled? If he can't stand up to the pressure now, he's going to really be in a mess when thousands of Tolkien fans start attacking his every move and choice from every angle!

Although I must admit, that MTV reporter was certainly asking some baited questions. "Do you view The Schlobbit as a children's story?" is a question with a single purpose- hoping to trap GdT with an answer that insults fans of all ages and turns them against him.

Shnoodles- that subject line was HOOlarious!! I hope Beorn is brown too! I hope he does justice to Bears on Film, like the Golden Compass bear.
Shnoodles

Schlobbit Chat

Post by Shnoodles »

Next week Peter Jackson (yay!) and Guillermo del Schloppo (boo!) will be holding an online chat to talk about the Schlobbit and answer questions. Maybe I can ask him my Beorn question...

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.ph ... 3&id=54133
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

OMG!

Post by lee »

Shnoodles!

As soon as I saw that you had posted in this section, I really hoped that it was in this thread, and then it was!! You are so awesome being up on Schobbit news!!

Wow, we should totally join this. I wonder if fans will be cruel? I wonder if I can ask him to make it not so scary. I wonder what good questions would be to ask. I wonder if Leonard Nimoy will have a subtle cameo singing "bravest little schlobbit of them all..."

SO EXCITING!
Shnoodles

Schlobbit news

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Schlobbit guys, here is the latest news on the movie.

This blog has 7 things the movie should have. Me and Lee totally agree with number one - that it should be funny and not too scary!

Meanwhile Liv Tyler talks about returning to do more Schlobbit movies. Arwen isn't in The Schlobbit but may be in the second movie.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

20 questions... about Schlobbits!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Schlobbits,

Here is the transcript of the fans chatting with Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Schlopo. It looks really long so I might have to read it in two sittings with a snack / nap break in between.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/hobbitnews.php?id=45413

Guillermo confirms that the second movie will not be called 'Schlobbit 2: Electric Schlopaloo'.

Guillermo talked about Beorn!
I may be in the minority, but I absolutely LOVE Beorn and I intend to feature him in the films
Maybe Guillermo isn't so bad after all...
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoods!

Thanks for posting the transcript from the GDT and PJ talk! That was really interesting to read through. That's so cool they answered your Beorn question!! Hoo hoo.

It was funny how many of the "live questions" were just repeating what they had answered a few lines before. Dumb people!

It was also interesting to watch both GDT and PJ give answers, rather than only one of them on each question, and cool to see their answers overlap and what the differences were.

Things that were interesting:

- They are going to reshoot Hobbiton scenes in the same location

- For any LOTR roles, the original actor will be asked to reprise it!

- Howard Shore is coming back for the music. I find that interesting considering that Peter Jackson fired him off of King Kong only weeks before that movie launched, and the new guy had to scramble and redo the whole score. I wonder if Howard Shore holds any resentment?

- GDT was sure really into doing justice to Smaug. That's cool. I liked his whole speech about the great movie dragons of all time and his vision. Also cool to see that he's been posting a lot on onering.net and answering fan stuff there.

Things that were NOT GOOD:
Eriol: So what age rating are you aiming at?

Peter_Jackson: Hi Eriol - the rating will be the same as the Trilogy, PG13 on both movies

Guillermo_del_Toro: An intense PG-13...
I hope it's not TOO intense!!

Things that were FUNNY:

Look at the name of the person and the question they asked, hoo hoo:
elffan9: Will we be seeing Legolas in Mirkwood?

Guillermo_del_Toro: We all think that this is a very interesting idea but the scripts are in process so- sorry,.. too early to tell.
Hoo hoo hoo.
lee
No Pants Bean

Smaug is Scar

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoods,

I was just eating a tuna sandwich and reading some of the forums on TORn. :)

They had a poll amongst the fans on who the voice of Smaug should be. To my great happiness, they had JEREMY IRONS!!!! I added a vote for him. Currently he's 3% above Alan Rickman, I hope he holds strong. That'd be AWESOME.