Firefly

A lot of exciting things happen each day and night on the telly. Finally, here's a place to discuss... without being censored.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Firefly

Post by Petri »

I think that we should have a thread name Firefly in the TV forums so we don't get too confused!

Do you guys think that the captain is a bit too surly? He told the doctor that Kaley had died, and then he laughed about it. What was that about?
Duddles' deeds be done.
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Surly

Post by Duddles »

Hoo hoo.

Good point Petri. I didn't even know you were watching with us. Where were you sitting?

I thought the special effects were pretty cool! I really like the ship.
Where's Petri?
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Hooray!!!

Post by Nibs »

Oh wow!!! I can't believe you guys are actually WATCHING FIREFLY!!!!

--nibs does Firefly dance across the room--

--nibs dances back--

Yeah- wasn't that so SCARY when Kaley almost dies in episode one... I was freaking out!!! I mean, if she had died, the show would be so different.

Remember how they aired the show in a different order than Joss intended? The first aired one was the train robbery one. Isn't that crazy!! Skipping the intro 2 part episode is just not ok!! Are you guys watching in the order Joss intended or the order it aired? When Lee and I watched, she messed up and we watched the train one first. Schlop was... well let's just say.... Schlop had some stern hisses with Lee after that.

Keep us posted on what you think of the show!!

Petri- try and sit in the front next time so you can see around Duddles!!
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Berries of Straw

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey nibs, I wish I could see your firefly dance - I bet it's hoolarious (as Sneeches would say)!

Here's an animated firefly gif I ran across:

Last edited by mini-nibs on Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Care for a little Nibs?
lee
No Pants Bean

so good

Post by lee »

Hey,

Have you guys watched anymore Firefly?

I know that episode!! It's one of my more favorite ones. I think that's Kaley eating the strawberry. I really like Kaley.

My favorite line from an episode is in the episode about Jayne...

oh man, I love that show!
Shnoodles

This just in!

Post by Shnoodles »

Things overheard on Yerba Buena island:

PB: Yo Nibs, do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in ruttin' command!

Mini-Goober: Geez, what does Schlop pay PB for anyway?

Schlop: Meeps?

Mini-Goober: I mean, what is his job... on the island?

Nibs: Public relations.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Over too fast!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Firefly fanatics,

Well, us bears just finished watching all the Fireflys, and then we watched the Serenity movie too! We just couldn't stop watching - but now it's sad that there are no more episodes to see. Overall I think we liked the show better than the movie. Gulliver was upset that the 'Hands of Blue' characters were left out. My favorite character of the show has to be Jayne! He has a lot of great lines.

"Dear Diary, today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hillfolk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
In the SHNOOD!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Oooh

Post by Gulliver »

Hi,

I heard that there are some comics that describe what happened between Firefly and the movie Serenity. I just ordered them at the library. Apparently they show what happened to the guys with blue hands. I'll let you guys know once I read them.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Arrived

Post by Gulliver »

Hi,

The Serenity comics arrived today. Can someone go pick it up for me? It's too cold outside and I just want to stay under the covers...
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Shnoodles

Summer Glau

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Firefly guys,

I really like the actress that plays River - her name is Summer Glau. Apparently she is really good at doing accents - in one episode she imitates Badger's accent. She's so good in fact that she plays a Russian ballerina in an Angel episode - and I didn't even know it was her!
In the SHNOOD!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Those left behind Schlop

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I just read the Serenity comic book. It was just okay. It turns out the bad guy from the pilot episode who Mal shot was really still alive and wants to kill Mal. He makes a deal with the Blue Hands men and they try to ambush Serenity. But Mal and the gang defeat the ambush and escape, killing the Blue Hands men. Also, Book punches Mal in anger and then leaves the ship because he feels like he is losing his pious nature.

Shnoodles

Funny!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys,

We watched Serenity for the second time yesterday. There is one really funny scene in the gag reel. It's the part of the script where Captain Mal tells his crew to attach the dead bodies to the ship so they can look like the Reavers, but Nathan Fillion (Captain Mal) changed the dialogue:
MAL: Zoe, you and Simon are gonna rope em together. Five or six of em. I want em laid on out on the nose of the ship.

SIMON: Are you insane?

MAL: Put Book front and center. He's our friend; we should honour him. Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornament. Jayne! Try not to steal too much of their ****.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

More Firefly comics coming!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Browncoats,

Last weekend at the NY comic convention it was announced that there will be more Firefly comics coming out:
Serenity Lives Again
Following in the footsteps of other Whedon-verse series Buffy: the Vampire Slayer and Angel, which have also been revived as comics, it was announced at the New York ComicCon that Joss Whedon will be doing a comic miniseries based on Serenity.

The comic will likely take place before the movie Serenity but after the short-lived but critically acclaimed TV series Firefly. Whedon will team with writer Brett Matthew to write the books. Artist Will Conrad is also committed to drawing the project, and Adam Hughes has been tentatively named for the covers.

While details are still sketchy on the plot, publicist Jeremy Atkins and editor Scott Allie indicated at the Dark Horse panel at NYCC that the premise is likely to involve a job so profitable that the crew could retire. The pressure to pull off such a job is incredible, and the crew begins to break apart under the strain. The series has a tentative launch date of fall, perhaps September, 2007.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Shnoods in Space!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Shiny Guys,

Check out these pics of the astronauts in space with the Firefly and Serenity DVDs:

http://www.breakingatmo.com/status/2007 ... everything

Cool, huh?

I wonder if Schlop will ever go to space. I bet he wouldn't like floating upside down though. Heh.
In the SHNOOD!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Done the Imschlopible

Post by Gulliver »

Schlop got us a present. It's a fan DVD about Firefly. I couldn't believe that Schlop got it for us.

I'm planning on watching it soon and then I will report back on what it was like.