Gregory Maguire

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Gregory Maguire

Post by Nibs »

Again people.... USE THE FORUMS...

Gulliver writes:
NEW YORK—Gregory Maguire, author of Wicked, the story of Oz told from the Wicked Witch's perspective, has completed a novel told from the point of view of the Smurf-hating sorcerer Gargamel. "I thought this much-maligned man worthy of closer scrutiny, perhaps even sympathy," Maguire said. "His lust for the Smurfs' gold can't entirely explain his actions. His creation of Smurfette, his uneasy partnership with Azrael, his possibly forbidden feelings for his assistant Scruple—there's definitely more than meets the eye." HarperCollins will release I Hate Those Smurfs...? in February.

I can't wait!

-- Gulliver
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

where be me smurf gold?

Post by PB »

I didn't know the Smurfs had gold. Where did they keep it?

I always thought he couldn't actually see the Smurfs... hmmm.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Nib-Patriot Act

Post by Gulliver »

Geezy chreezy Nibs, that was my personal email I sent to Lee for her eyes only! You can't just go posting it willy nilly on the web. I'm afraid to say it, Nibs, but you have gone mad with power.

There are precious few at ease with moral ambiguities

Last edited by Gulliver on Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
lee
No Pants Bean

Book Group for Bad Authors

Post by lee »

Gulliver,

Are you gonna read "Son of a Witch"?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Gulliver here

Post by Gulliver »

Gulliver,

Are you gonna read "Son of a Witch"?
Ammmm... geez, I don't really know. You're kind of putting me on the spot here, aren't you? Ammm... I think I might read it. You know, I would open the book and then look at it and then I would turn the pages until the book was over and all the characters were gone... Ammm... how about you? Are you going to read it Lee? Er, I mean I think I might read it - I'm just not sure what my schedule looks like... for the future. You know, what if I am reading something else at the time. You can't just stop reading one book and then read another because what would happen to the characters they would all disappear right? Or would they go to the other book as well? Gee, I'm just not sure. I might read it I think. I definitely could read it if that is what you are asking about. Geez...
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Snuffles here

Post by Snuffles »

Sorry to butt in - but I just ran into Gulliver and he looked really flustered. I just logged on and saw what you had asked him Lee. I think he's embarrassed --- because Gulliver doesn't know how to read. Don't tell him I told you though! You know, he looks up to you so much he probably thinks you won't talk to him about Wicked any more if you found out he can't read. I know that you guys talk about Wicked because I've been reading all the posts to Gulliver and then typing his responses in for him. I hope that's okay.

Okay, Snuffle-along everybody.
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song