The Bears Move West

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

The Bears Move West

Post by Nibs »

Hey Guys

I thought I'd start a moving thread to keep you up to date on our adventures.

I'm very excited (and a little scared) about the big move. I hope that we can find a comfy place to stay with good foodstuffs nearby.

Currently Lee has moved all the furniture back home and Schlop and me and Sneeches are sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Sneeches likes it a lot because when he bounces off the bed, he doesn't have to fall, and he can also bounce back on pretty easily. As for me, well ever since the "beetle" incident... I wish we had bed posts... but hopefully we will soon.

Today we are moving all the rest of the stuff home and packing up. It is very exciting. I hope Lee doesn't forget Kingdom Hearts II in all this moving!

I'm looking forward to our road trip to San Francisco. Schlop has already called shotgun..but I think hopefully he'll let me squeeze in on the fuzzy seat. Sneeches also called shotgun, but he was hoping that the car would be heading towards Peaches and when he found out it was not he became sullen and didn't care where he sat.

What sort of snacks do you think we should bring on our drive? And anybody know any cool places we should stop and check out on the way?
Nibs

All Sneeches accounted for

Post by Nibs »

Hi guys.

Wow- yesterday was so exciting! Lee packed up all the stuff in our room and put it in her car. I was really scared about what was going to happen to us, but Lee made us a nice little bed out of blanets in the car and we got to sit in it. All of us got to go along! Phew... I was worried what would've happened had someone been left behind.

There was one scary bit where Lee stopped to have lunch with Tenly and we all thought for a moment that she had forgotten about us... but she brought us back some bagels and we didn't have to sit in the car for long.

Last night we all got to sleep on the bed the size of 13 schlops again!! Hooray!!

Now Lee heads out East for a bit. We have a good setup here but unfortunately we won't have much computer access unless Sneeches can figure out how to get up on that rolly chair. So I suppose you won't be hearing from me for a bit- but I hope everyone has a good couple of days.

Still looking for car snacks suggestions...
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Snacks a lot

Post by Gulliver »

Hi Nibs.

I hope you guys have a fun trip out West. Do you think you will play the Wicked music during the car ride?

Snacks huh? Seems like I should have a few good suggestions. Um... what about soft boiled eggs in the shot glasses? No wait, that's no good. How about Caesar salad? Hmmmm. Fruit rollups?

Well, I'll try to think up some better ones.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Oh dear

Post by peaches »

Sneeches???

Is it true? Are you really moving further away out to the West? Say it ain't so Sneeches. If you keep moving further away from me than I will never be able to find you!

I wish I had a dragon like Temeraire and then I would ride out to Sand Francisco and we would pick you up and then together we would fly back to the Grand Rabbit Store and we would be back together again with all of our brothers and sisters and first-cousins - Breeches, Cleeches, Reaches, Leeches, Teaches, and Zeeches.
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
Petri
Majestic Bean

Avoid the drama, I mean

Post by Petri »

Not sure if this counts as a snacks-a-lot, but whenever taking road trips I always make sure to pack some dramamine for Duddles. Hope it helps!
Duddles' deeds be done.
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

HEEEEEEEEEEELP

Post by Sneeches »

WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA....

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETRI,

Can you send me some DRAMAMAMAMAMAMAMINE for this rollllllllllllllllllly chair?

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRY.
Nibs

i flit, i float, i flee flee flee, i fly...

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys!!

Well, we are finally off....this is very exciting. Lee spent yesterday packing everything and throwing things out and getting all ready. Now it is time for ROAD TRIP!!!!

I personally am looking forward to seeing the Great Salt Flats because I hear they are really creepy and quite peculiar.

Sneeches replied that she'll be asking everyone we meet if they've seen a bear about yay-high that is peach colored and has the most beautiful smile in the world.

Schlop is looking forward to snacks and naps.

We'll write to you from Salt Lake!!!

Nibs out!
Nibs

Salt Lake

Post by Nibs »

Hi guys!!

We made it safely to Salt Lake City.

It was a pretty good drive. Lee played us lots of fun music. We listened to a musical that was really good that we hadn't heard before called Into the Woods... all twisted fairy tales, good stuff.

Lee kept us fed with snacks and Sneeches continued the eternal quest for Peaches. We took lots of fun pictures too!!

There is a nice comfy pull-out couch bed in Salt Lake with Lee's friends. Lee brought us inside to keep us safe- thanks Lee!

Today Lee is hanging out in Salt Lake and we are napping on the couch. Then we will leave tomorrow for San Francisco hopefully!! It is a longer drive than we thought so who knows if we'll make it one day or not. I hope we do.

Hope you guys are having fun.
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Napsnacks

Post by Duddles »

Hoo hoo.

How exciting Nibs. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Hoo.
Where's Petri?
Nibs

Reno

Post by Nibs »

Hullo from Reno!!

Well, we left Salt Lake around 7:30 this morning and got to Reno and it is now 4:30. Phew, long drive. I got to see the Salt Flats- they were so cool. At first we were all alone and Lee and I ran around taking pictures on the salt flats but then this tour bus of old people pulled up and they all piled out and laughed at Sneeches and Schlop who were still in the car. Then they laughed at me too for running around out on the salt. Oh well. I hope the pictures do it justice- that place is so cool!

Before we left Salt Lake City, Lee's friends gave us the audio books for Harry Potter Book 1. So we've been listening to that! Remember how Dave used to tell us how the guy does so many voices and is so cool. Well, it's true. Very talented fellow!

We are working on stuff for work now and then supposedly it's only 3 more hours to Berkeley. Hopefully we can make it!

Nibs out.
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Sounds salty

Post by DJ »

Way to go Nibs. I can't believe you guys have made it that far.

I wanted to go with you guys too, but if there are people laughing at you then I guess I'm glad I didn't go. Sounds a bit too salty also for my tastes.

Be careful when you get to San Francisco not to get eaten by the fog Nibs.
Zupancakes
Nibs

This must be how Lewis and Clark felt

Post by Nibs »

Woo hoo!!!

We finally made it to the Bay Area!!

After my last post, we ended up getting stuck in Reno for a few hours while Lee did stuff for work at a coffee shop. She was really hungry when she was done and we didn't know what to eat but then Sneeches spotted a Qdoba!!! We were so excited (except Sneeches who was hoping to spot Peaches) and Lee even got a free Doba since she had 10 swipes!

When it was all done, Lee realized she was too sleepy to make it all the way to Berkeley that night, so instead we drove down to Lake Tahoe and camped! It was so beautiful- I've never seen anything like it. All of us wanted to camp in the tent with Lee but she was worried we'd get dirty. She let Schlop go though cause she said he'll be getting a bath soon anyway. She tucked me and Sneeches in with the pillow in the car, it was pretty comfy. Then in the morning, we all went and watched the sun rise over the lake. Sneeches combed the beach for Peaches but I don't think there were any clues.

Anyhow, then we drove the rest of the way while listening to Winged Migration (hoo hoo) and it was great weather until we hit Berkeley and then, like Dave predicted, very thick fog.

Eventually we found the house of Ben's friends and they have a basement area that we are staying in. Lee unpacked us and now we are safely here! Hooray!!!

Thanks for following our adventures, everybody.

NIBS
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Fog hat

Post by mini-nibs »

Woo hoo! Way to make it all the way to the Bay area guys! How exciting. That sounds like fun camping at Lake Tahoe too, did you take any pics?

Here is the pic you sent via the camera phone. What good picture quality too - just as good as a digital camera! Did it cost money to send it? What do you call that hairstyle you are sporting in the pic Nibs? Looks like you just got up from a nap! Ha!

Last edited by mini-nibs on Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Care for a little Nibs?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Post by Gulliver »

Did you guys notice that Schlop isn't wearing any pants in that picture?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

SNEECHES!!!

Post by peaches »

Hi SNEECHES!!!

Wow, you look so happy in that picture! It's great to see that Schlop and Nibs have been feeding you so well. I'm so proud of you for making it all the way to San Francisco. You must be having so many wonderful adventures - I wish I was there with you. And if you do decide to become a hippie, I will still support you SNEECHES.

Bye SNEECHES!!!
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!