Joss Whedon movies

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Joss Whedon movies

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys,

I thought if I made a Joss Whedon thread that some of you might surf on over to it and post some posts. Joss Whedon is the guy that made the Buffies and also he made Lee's favorite Firefly. I just looked him up on imdb and he had two upcoming movies. One is called Goners:
It is a fantasy thriller, it is pretty dark and it’s all me. So people will pretty much know what that means if they look at my body of work. But it’s a new universe set in the present day with a new concept for me and a new bunch of characters. It’s been a long time since I got to do that, so that’s really fun.
Cool!

His other movie is Wonder Woman. Apparently a lot of actresses are in the running to play the main lead (Wonder Woman):
Many actresses are rumored to be in the running for the lead role in this movie, including Charisma Carpenter, Aishwarya Rai, Kim Basinger, Lucy Lawless, Salma Hayek, Nibs, Michelle Rodriguez, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Lee, Sandra Bullock, Nadia Bjorlin, Mischa Barton, Sneeches, Rachel Bilson, Jennifer Connelly, Katie Holmes, Jennifer Lopez, Lindsay Lohan, and Jessica Alba.
I hope Charisma Carpenter gets the role, personally. Who do you think would be a good actress, PB?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Whedon-mania!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys.

Joss Whedon is pretty amazing. I was just perusing his wikipedia entry. Did you guys know he also writes comic books, and he wrote comics in the Buffyverse and also is writing X-Men comics. There is even some Serenity comics.

Well, there is a lot out there to check out if you guys are obsessed like I am, but I will just post the wikipedia site as a jumping off point. Go Joss!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joss_Whedon
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Lee + Joss = !

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys - did you know that Joss Whedon's favorite movie is ... the Matrix!!!

Just like Lee!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Whoops

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Joss guys,

Looks like Joss is no longer doing the Wonder Woman movie - he says that the studio didn't like his script. So now he is going to concentrate on that other movie called Goners! I wonder what it is about?

http://whedonesque.com/comments/12385

He says that he was going to cast Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman - she is in How I Met Your Schlop. Too bad - I thought Sneeches would have been really good in the role...
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Shnoodsalot

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Joss fans,

Did you guys know that Joss wrote Toy Story? It's true! He was even nominated for an Oscar Shnood but didn't win...
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Dr Horrible's Schlop-Along Blog

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Joss guys,

Listen to this news from Joss himself:
The bag is catless.

During the strike I started writing a musical intended as a limited internet series, 3 episodes of approximately 10 minutes each. Writing with me was my brother Jed, his fiancee Maurissa, and my other brother Zack. To my shock and surprise, we finished it. To my greater shock and surprise, we managed (with the help of many people I'll be praising at length soon) to drag it into preproduction (yes, just as DOLLHOUSE was given a start date two months away and all my comics were due.) And today, after a grueling week of writing everything ever while trying to be a producer, I got to start shooting. A musical.

This much I will say: It's the story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to. And I'm having the time of my life.

"DOCTOR HORRIBLE'S SING-ALONG BLOG"

Neil Patrick Harris.....as Dr. Horrible
Nathan Fillion..........as Captain Hammer
Felicia Day.............as Penny

And a cast of Dozens!

Coming soon.
Cool!
In the SHNOOD!
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Shnoods: a name that will live in infamy...

Post by PB »

Hey Shnoodles,

I hear you left your mark on the world wide web yesterday.

Good work.

We haven't had this much excitement since the time Lee wrote to Ebert.

Just wanted to say, keep up the good scooping.

(I was going to end by saying something about how next time you leave your mark, I hope it isn't brown, but I think that's a bit much considering the previous line.)
Shnoodles

Schlop your calendars!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Joss guys,

Joss has announced that Dr Horrible's Schlop-along Blog will be posted online in three parts on July 15, 17 and 19. You can watch it free until July 20th when you can pay to download it and there will also be a DVD.

http://whedonesque.com/comments/16734#236716
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

The Schlop in the Woods

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Joss guys,

Everything is happening so fast it's hard to keep up! I just heard that Joss' movie 'The Cabin in the Woods' has been greenlit. Sounds scary!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798 ... id=13&cs=1

Also there is a short comic out for Dr. Horrible:

http://www.myspace.com/darkhorsepresent ... storynum=2 (click on Captain Hammer comic)
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Oooh

Post by lee »

Island with Dinosaurs! Hoo hoo!

Thanks for all the info Shnoods.

Only 5 days until the first Dr. Horrible premieres! We can't wait!!

What happens after the free run- do you pay to download it?
Shnoodles

Bad Horse!

Post by Shnoodles »

The first part of Dr Horrible just came out and the consensus seems to be ... that the bears liked it! What do you think is gonna happen next? Do you think Penny will fall in love with Captain Hammer? Will Dr Horrible get into the league? What about his freeze ray? Will we get to see Bad Horse? So many questions... but they will all be answered in a day.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Dr Horrible complete

Post by Shnoodles »

We just watched the third part of Dr Horrible... Yay! We even got to see Bad Horse at the end... cool! We all agree it was much better than the Dark Knight.
In the SHNOOD!