The mini-nibs thread!

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

The mini-nibs thread!

Post by mini-nibs »

Hi guys, I thought I should formally introduce myself.

1) I'm not related to Nibs

2) I'm pretty little (hence the name)

3) I spend most days roaming on the desk. There's a lot of weird stuff up here - the other day I found a giraffe! I also think there might be some hobbits.

4) Spending a lot of time on the desk, I also surf the internet a lot. I'll post anything good I find. (Nibs - should we have an internet thread?)

Well, that's pretty much it. I just helped install that new iPod that Lee gave us and now it is working pretty well! The ear buds are a bit too big for me though (typical!). Anyhoos, I'll see you guys around later!
Care for a little Nibs?
lee
No Pants Bean

IPod Goodness

Post by lee »

Hi mini-Nibs,

Did you really get that IPod working? That's very exciting.

Have you played the Music Quiz on it yet where you can try to guess which song it's playing. That's fun...me and Schlop liked that. But all our songs were soundtracks and we never knew their names... "Atreju flies to safety" or "Falcor and Atreju rock the house" ....see what I mean.

Let me know what you think of the IPod.
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

mini-nibs here!

Post by mini-nibs »

"Falcor and Atreju rock the house"
Heh. Rock the house? Is that a real song Lee or are you just joshing me?

I haven't played the name the song game yet. I will though! I will let you know if I win too.
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Amazon stuff I ordered!

Post by mini-nibs »

Wow, that was fast - it only took 3 days and today my new headphones arrived! They are pretty cool and don't hurt my ears like those buds did. They wrap around the back, and they have reflectors on them in case I want to go jogging at night. And the sound quality is pretty good too. Awesome!

I also ordered two CDs (the one that itunes deleted :( and the one with that Crazy song I like from Danger Mouse) and a book called Little, Big. I'm not sure what Little, Big is about, but from the title I hope it's about a little bear that gets to become big. That would be cool. But those things haven't arrived yet, only the headphones. I will post when the other stuff arrives.
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

the other stuff arrived!

Post by mini-nibs »

Today I got the two CDs I ordered and also the book 'Little, Big.' It's a pretty big book. I can't wait to crack it open. On the back it says
The kind of book around which cults are formed, and rightly so. There's magic here.
Whoa! Sounds like I better be careful while reading it. Don't drink the kool-aid, as they say. Right Lee?
Care for a little Nibs?
Petri
Majestic Bean

Count me in too!

Post by Petri »

Hey mini-nibs, I wouldn't mind cracking that book open with you! It sounds interesting, especially that 'Little' part. Let me know when you want to read it. I'm just downstairs under the desk. Give me a holler!
Duddles' deeds be done.
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

The mini-nibs challenge!

Post by mini-nibs »

This is from the google puzzle for today - you have to take the numbers 8,8,3,3 and using any combination of +,-,/,* and parenthesis, come up with 24. You have to use all four numbers (and only those four). Can you guys solve it? I wrote a computer program to do it for me - since I'm lazy like that! (My computer program is only 58 lines long!)

Hey Nibs - I challenge you to solve this puzzle! Are you Nibs enough for the challenge?

PS no cheating by googling for the answer...
Care for a little Nibs?
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Holy Frijoles!

Post by Muffins »

I was just checking out the Schlops forums when I heard a whooshing noise and saw what looked like a bear riding a giraffe go galloping by. Was that you mini-nibs?
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Daily trot

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey Muffins, yup that was me. I like to take my daily trot with Lulu around the desk. She can get going very fast!
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

mini-nibs and the spiders from Mars

Post by mini-nibs »

Hi guys, lately I've been having some problems getting bombarded by jumping spiders during the night... does anyone know of a mini-nib umbrella I could use.

Also, Lee I know you are a web editor and came across this post on the site LifeHacker - it is a Firefox utility that helps with the web editing, so I'm told. Do you use Firefox Lee? I like it a lot since it has mini-tabs and also lots of cool extensions you can install. Personally I use the Adblock extension which lets you click on any ad and block it, and you will never see the ad ever again! Ad begone!

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/web- ... 102764.php
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Some comedy to liven up your day

Post by mini-nibs »

Howdy,

Be sure to click on this link and check out 28 comedy acts in 28 minutes from the BBC. In particular I liked the one about the animals in the bar and also the Back to the Future one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks ... eight_acts
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Conaco

Post by mini-nibs »

Are you guys as big Bruce Springsteen fans as I am? Probably not, but you will still want to check out these two songs he recently did on the Conan show. The first one is rousing number with a cacophony of musicians (including Conan on guitar and Jimmy Fallon on spoons) and the second is a great anti-war song. Check 'em out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCzBhePcIns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4m4uSLE9K0
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Fatter teddy bears make kids healthier?

Post by mini-nibs »

Well, according to this article some people want to put more weights in teddy bears to make lifting them burn more calories for kids. I think this is a huge mistake. If anything, we should stay with the trend of making bears lighter and lighter until one day we can all float in the air like hot air balloons.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/06/29/he ... index.html
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Sky Pilot and the World of Today!

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey gang.

I found a cool site via Lifehacker.com on how to make the world's best paper airplane. Well, it took me a few minutes to get through all the steps (there is a video on the page that also helps) but I ended up with quite a respectable plane. Right now one of the hobbits is flying it around the bed and buzzing Gulliver while he sips his coffee. That hobbit is dangerous!

If anyone is interested in making their own:

http://www.zurqui.co.cr/crinfocus/paper/air-bld1.html
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Bear on a trampoline

Post by mini-nibs »

Whoa, this looks scary - the bear jumped on the trampoline. Was he okay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dNnpxvI ... trampoline

Buy the merchandise here:

http://www.cafepress.com/bear_trampoline
Care for a little Nibs?