Books Gulliver Reads

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Pooh Bear

Post by Gulliver »

Hi, I read volume 1 of Winnie the Pooh and it was about the Winnie the Pooh and his friends that live in the 100 Acre Wood. Winnie the Pooh went on lots of adventures like an expedition to the North Pole and hunting Heffalumps. At first Pooh kept thinking he was a bear with not a lot of brains but then he was able to help rescue Piglet when there was a flood by using his honey pot as a boat - so it turns out he was a pretty clever bear after all.

I know Duddles is a big fan of Pooh and Roo and all their friends so maybe he and I can go on a trip to visit the 100 Acre Wood one day.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop and Schlopability

Post by Gulliver »

Hi, I read Emma by Jane Austen which is about Emma. She lives at Hartfield with her father who is very particular about the way his oatmeal is cooked. Emma starts out a bit spoiled but learns that she shouldn't try to play matchmaker since it causes all sorts of problems for her friend Harriet. A young man named Frank shows up and at first Emma likes him but then he goes to London just for a haircut which shows he has a foppish air. It turns out Frank was secretly engaged to Emma's rival Jane the whole time - which causes much drama when it is revealed. Emma's sister's brother-in-law Mr. Knightley proposes marriage to Emma and she accepts even though earlier she didn't want to get married.

Lee and I are planning to watch a movie version of Emma.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

The Actual Schlop

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I read The Actual Schlop by Monica Byrne.

It was about three souls that keep repeating through time like in Schlop Atlas. There was the tall twins and their little sister in Ancient Maya in 1012. Then there was the two Belizean tour guides Xander and Javier and the tourist Leah in 2012. And finally there was Niloux the Sofist and Tanaaj the Jugadorix and Tanaaj's daughter in 3012.

When Leah goes missing in a Mayan cave it leads to the creation of a new religion that takes over the world. But Niloux questions the basis of the religion - that people can crossover into Xibalba and disappear. This leads to a showdown with Tanaaj and her rival faction. But in the end Niloux and Tanaaj realize they are twins and are able to form a new connection after being opposed for so long.

In 1012 the two Mayan twins get taken prisoner and don't do much to help rescue their little sister Ket. In 2012 Javier goes to rescue Leah but Xander stays behind. It's only in 3012 that both twins decide to work together to rescue the third soul - Tanaaj's daughter.

The books talks about how entropy is driving the universe apart, but in this case the souls were able to come back together for the greater good.

I wonder if Schlop, PB, and I have been living throughout history as the same three souls?