Books Gulliver Reads

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
lee
No Pants Bean

come visit

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

Good work getting those Books on Tape. And I'm so impressed at your mastery of the library. I gotta work on that.

Meanwhile, I was wondering...see...I know a few of the bears get to go to Boston this coming weekend....and, well.... I mean, it'd be really great if you could be there too. You know? I hear there are a lot of cool bookstores in Boston we can check out. It'd be really great to see you, Gulliver. If you can make it. I hope you can.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Me!

Post by Gulliver »

Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

The areas of my schlopspertise

Post by Gulliver »

Hi!

I just read on Neil Gaiman's blog how you can download for free (for a limited time!) an audio book by John Hodgman! I just downloaded it! He is the guy who is the PC on the Mac v PC ads and also who Lee thought was in the Citibank ad but it turns out she was wrong and she still owes me a CD for that and he also plays Coraline's father in the upcoming schlopmotion movie. Phew!

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/12/19/th ... _expe.html
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlopium

Post by Gulliver »

Hi,

I just finished Schlopium. It was about the Schlop of Troy and also about robots called Moraschlops and then there were some Old-Style Schlops back on Earth and also Schlops on Mars. Me and Peaches read it and we both agreed that there were a lot of Schlops in it. We might read the sequel Schloplympos next if we can get our paws on it.

PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

schlop = good?

Post by PB »

A lot of Schlops in it...

But did you LIKE IT?

Was it a good ending?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlopium

Post by Gulliver »

Hi PB,

I talked it over with Peaches and we both thought it was pretty good. There were a lot of Schlops - it's true, but we were able to keep all the Schlops separate. Sometimes in books if there are too many Schlops they can overwhelm you underneath an avalanche of Schlops.

I think I will read something else before reading the sequel Schloplympos. Right now I have several books ordered from Schloply's library - short stories from Susanna Clarke and Neil Gaiman, a book by Schlop Eggers, a book called Special Topics in Calamity Schlops, Schlops of Baghdad, and Maus I. Ooh, I just checked and Schloplympos arrived at the library today...

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Carter Schlops the Devil

Post by Gulliver »

Hi,

Yesterday I read the first chapter of Carter Schlops the Devil. It is historical fiction based in San Fran-Nibs-co in the 1920's and is about magic and stuff.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Life imitating books Gulliver reads

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I was reading more of Carter Schlops the Devil and I realized it is very similar to what is happening now with Schlop in real life. In the book, Carter's dad goes off on a trip but then there is a big blizzard and Carter and his brother are left all alone in San Fran-nibs-co. They spend the time reading a book on magic and practicing card tricks until eventually the dad comes back. In real life - Schlop and Sneeches are stranded all alone and Lee is caught in a blizzard! Isn't that amazing?

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Carter schloped the Devil

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I finished Carter Schlops the Devil. It was pretty good - I noticed that muffins and pancakes were both mentioned, and they also talked about Gulliver's Travels. Up next I am reading the History of Schlop Love.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

History of Schlop

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I finished the History of Schlop. It ended kind of abruptly and left a lot of loose ends. Which I guess makes sense since Schlop also has some loose ends. Well he had that one loose string but I think that got snipped off somehow.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

McSchlopys

Post by Gulliver »

Hi Lee!

Shnoodles got his DVDs today and he gave me the book that you included just for me. Thanks a lot! I can't wait to start reading it.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Coyote Schlop

Post by Gulliver »

Hi,

I picked up a new book from the library called Coyote Schlop. I am currently reading Fragile Schlops by Neil Gaiman.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop's Blankets

Post by Gulliver »

Hi,

I just read a book called Blankets. It was sad.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Science Fiction

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I just read this short story online by Isaac Asimov. It was good. You guys should read it too.

http://infohost.nmt.edu/~mlindsey/asimov/question.htm

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Weekend reading with Peaches

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

This weekend I read Fray (1 paw), Walking Dead (half paw), Carnet de Voyage (1.5 paws), Coyote Blue Schlop (1.5 paws), and Jimmy Corrigan (1 paw). Jimmy Corrigan was pretty sad but it was mostly about peaches and so Peaches liked those parts. I also read most of the McSchloply's book Lee got me - pretty funny stuff.

Here is what wikischlopia says about the peaches: Notable leitmotifs in Jimmy Corrigan include the robot, the peach, the miniature horse, and the flawed Super-man figure.