Video Games

Be it board, computer or outdoors....
Games help distract from doing chores
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Video Games

Post by DJ »

Now video games are different than computer games because they ... because they are ... because... um. Hmmmmm.

Maybe Lee knows about this?
Zupancakes
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Kingdom Schlops II

Post by Snuffles »

Hey Lee - the new Kingdom Schlops game is out, are you going to get it? Do you think I could come over and play it with you? Let me know. Who is your favorite character in Kingdom Schlops I?

I was browsing through the Amazon reviews and lots of people seem to like it. Look at this review:
Best game ever, April 2, 2006
A Kid's Review

this game blows any final fantasy out of the water. its the best game ever. you can fuse together with goofy and donald. again its the best game ever. great battle system, storyline, and graphics. BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow - what do you think that means about fusing together with goofy and donald? That sounds weird...
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Petri
Majestic Bean

Wait, wait wait wait

Post by Petri »

Hold on there Snuffles, not so fast. You can play the Kingdom Schlops with Lee after Lee and I play Plunder. Lee doesn't have much time to play video games anyway so I don't want you to take away from our Plundering.
Duddles' deeds be done.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Kingdom Schlops rules!

Post by Shnoodles »

Look at what Gabe is saying about Kingdom Schlops II! He seems to really like it. Are you going to get the sticker book too Lee?
I’m absolutely hooked on Kingdom Hearts II. In fact it is the first game I can think of in months that managed to pull me away from WOW. The crazy long intro period was a little hard to stomach but it had a fantastic pay off in my opinion and now I’m into the Disney shit. So far I’ve burned through about 5 of the worlds and I’m loving each one of them. I’m a huge fan of all these films so when a character like the Beast joins my party I get pretty excited. Then when I discover his super special link move with Soara where they stand back to back and the beast puts is huge paw on Sora's shoulder and gives him this reassuring look as if to say “it’s alright, we’ve got this.” Well...*Sniff*...I get a little emotional. I know it’s cheesy but I even bought the collectors edition strategy guide. The hints are nice but the game just isn’t that hard. The real reason I got it was for the sticker book it comes with. Yes that’s right, a sticker book with 400 stickers! Every time you meet a character or get an item you take the corresponding sticker off and place it next to the picture in the journal. Try to imagine a 28 year old man squealing in a high pitched voice to his wife in the other room. “Ooh honey I just met Mulan, I get to put her sticker in the journal, I GET TO PUT HER STICKER IN THE JOURNAL!”

I’m not proud.

-Gabe out
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Disney and stickers = FUN FUN FUN

Post by lee »

Wow, Shnoodles, thanks for that post about KH2. I'm SO excited to play, you have no idea. I love those games. That's cool...I didn't realize the sticker book was so interactive, I thought it was just a bonus pack. I think I should get it too. How cool.

I will try again to beat KH1 tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.
lee
No Pants Bean

BIG NEWS

Post by lee »

I PASSED KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so cool. I found a Keyblade I had missed earlier and then I leveled up and then I fought and fought and eventually rid the world of Heartless and found King Mickey!!

Very exciting. Now I need to get going on the next one.

I also freed 30 more dalmations. I want to go back and free them all sometime.
lee
No Pants Bean

oh and

Post by lee »

The ending had the really cool intro theme song (that Schlop always tried to get Dave to watch with him) only this time it HAD WORDS. It was so cool. Schlop and I were crying....Nibs was handing us tissues.

Hooray!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Sticker question

Post by Snuffles »

Lee said that I could be in charge of the stickers for Kingdom Schlops II. I really don't want to mess it up... Does anyone know where one can go to practice with stickers? Does anyone have any sticker tips? Thanks.
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

oooh

Post by lee »

Hm. I don't really know where to post this... but it is exciting because we just got the ZELDA Ocarina of Time SOUNDTRACK!!!

Nibs and I are listening to it!! Finally doing justice to my alias... and my nerdiness. :)
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

THE BOOK HAS ARRIVED

Post by Nibs »

Hey Snuffs...

We just got the book! The Limited Edition Kingdom Hearts Guidebook!! It's so cool. But it's BIG! I can't even lift it!! It's like the size of 12 niblets.

It's still in saran wrap. Let me know if we should open it! So exciting!!
Petri
Majestic Bean

Polar bears in video games?

Post by Petri »

That's right, crazy huh? But Tycho says it might just be true! Check it out:
I don't doubt that Master Chief will carry himself in a valiant manner. I heard that he fights a polar bear in this one, and though slow to anger ursus maritimus - the White Devil - can prove a canny opponent.
He also said this:
I perceive the concept as being mantled in a soft fur - eminently pettable.
And this:
As a mental exercise: I really like caramel, but if I had to bathe in freaking caramel and eat it for every meal and freaking wear caramel for clothes, and then go to a building made out of caramel and work with sentient hunks of caramel I may find my taste for caramel diminished.
Duddles' deeds be done.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Kingdom Schlops II on Penny Arcade

Post by Snuffles »

Today the comic is all about how you have to complete Jiminy the Cricket's task to get the real ending... it sounds hard! Have you completed it yet Lee?
- the Thong Song
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

E3!

Post by DJ »

Here is some news Shnoodles told me about concerning an electronic expo. Sounds ... interesting?

11 of video games strangest moments - http://www.avclub.com/content/node/48769

Wil Wheaton plays Guitar Heroes II - http://www.avclub.com/content/node/48774
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Article about games!

Post by DJ »

Look at this, it's an article mini-nibs showed me about video games. I thought it was a good read, so you guys should check it out too:

http://www.slate.com/id/2142453/
Zupancakes
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Penny Arcade!

Post by Snuffles »

Hey guys, I think the Penny Arcade cartoons are just the best ever! I know that Lee likes them a lot too! Sometimes they have bears also:

Well, they made a 4 page comic for an upcoming game (Might and Magic I think) and they tried to cover the entire story of the game's universe in the comic. Anyways, it's pretty funny so be sure to click on these links and check it out. I like the little details - like how the guy shakes hands with the dragon. So funny!

http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/images/ ... 1_homm.jpg
http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/images/ ... 2_homm.jpg
http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/images/ ... 3_homm.jpg
http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/images/ ... 4_homm.jpg
Last edited by Snuffles on Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- the Thong Song