Video Games

Be it board, computer or outdoors....
Games help distract from doing chores
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

So it begins...

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys,

We finally started Kingdom Hearts II tonight!! Me and Schlop and Sneeches and PB all gathered round to watch the festivities.

I think Sneeches was a little scared, but I was pretty excited.

Lee played the whole prologue. It was kinda like the beginning of FFVII ... very urban and nothing to do with Disney. The best part was when Roxas (Lee) would ride around on a skateboard. But at one point we had to actually work odd jobs to earn 800 munnies and that took FOREVER (cause Lee isn't very good at dexterous tasks).

Anyhow, she'll post next about what stickers we need... good stuff though. We finished up the whole prologue, so good job Lee! Now we're finally back to being Sora and hanging out with Donald and Goofy again (and even Mickey for a minute)!
lee
No Pants Bean

Stickers in Twilight Town

Post by lee »

Hey Snuffs,

We finally started up the game! Anywho, I need you to get the following stickers into Jiminy's Journal for me:

Roxas
Heyner, Olette, Penice
Seifer and his gang (four total)
That one dude I beat in the battle for town STRUGGLE Champion

I think that's everyone. Oh, and I need the Twilight Town sticker too.

I think it's too hard to put in stickers for every potion I find and remember where I found it... so we'll just stick with people if that's ok with you.

Very exciting to finally be playing!! Thanks for your help!!
lee
No Pants Bean

FOOD in Kingdom Hearts

Post by lee »

Oh, and other exciting news...

The kids in Twilight Town really like to eat BLUE popsicles... but they call them "sea-salt ice cream." Anyhow, it looks yummy and it looks like the color of Snuffles and I thought Snuffles would be excited.

We should all get some sea-salt ice cream.... mmmmm.
lee
No Pants Bean

Ice cream fan art

Post by lee »

Here's some fan art I just found of the sea-salt ice cream. The actual popsicle is a deeper blue and this scene certainly didn't take place (at least not yet)... but still pretty cool..

Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Gulp!

Post by Snuffles »

Hey Snuffs,

We finally started up the game! Anywho, I need you to get the following stickers into Jiminy's Journal for me:

Roxas
Heyner, Olette, Penice
Seifer and his gang (four total)
That one dude I beat in the battle for town STRUGGLE Champion

I think that's everyone. Oh, and I need the Twilight Town sticker too.
Wow, I didn't know you guys were going to be playing the game so fast! Oh gee... all those stickers... what's a Roxas Heyner Seifer? Is that like Mulan? Oh no... I haven't seen the Olette movie... I knew I should have tried to practice more with stickers... What if I can't find any of these stickers... Lee will think I'm a failure... Oh no...

[5 minutes pass]

Hey! I was just about to have a panic attack there, but then I ran into mini-nibs and he showed me how to find all of the stickers! Phew! So now we are good to go. Wow, this is fun! I wonder who we will meet next?

Is there a sticker of the blue popsicles? Those look quite refreshing!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Shnoodles

Lazy Sunday

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey guys. What are you guys in Schlopville up to? Over here I am just hanging out and browsing Schlop's forums. Oh, here is a bear I came across:

Lee - did you know if you want to do a google search only for a particular site you can do the following site:www.penny-arcade.com bear (ie site:<www...> <search term>). Pretty snazzy no?
Last edited by Shnoodles on Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the SHNOOD!
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

Hoosterical

Post by Sneeches »

Oh, jeez! LOOK at that BEAR!!!

Hoo Hoo Hoo!

Hoo Hoo Hoo! Snarf!

Oh, excuse me! Anyway, that's so funny!! He's so FLUFFY..and unaware of the DANGER he's trying to emark on!!

And he's getting wet. Get out of the RAIN, little BEAR!!! Hoo hoo hoo!
Rafiki
Prolific Bean

Musings on the Cartoon

Post by Rafiki »

Oh dear! What mess has that poor little fellow gotten himself into this time?! I mean, that wry young rabscalian isn't even in uniform, nor does he have his weapon at the ready. I do believe he would serve little use to the patrol even if he were allowed to attend reconnaissance. I'm afraid that commanding officer is making the correct calculation, I must admit, and therefore an excellent call.

Nevertheless, that spry lad should at least take preliminary precautions against the liquid onslaught he is facing from Mother Nature herself. I do chuckle however, at that look on his precarious face... good form, young soldier bear!
Bunny Spotter of the First Order
lee
No Pants Bean

Teddy Bear Identification Complete

Post by lee »

Hey! I finally figured out what that teddy bear reminds me of!! He looks like the Teddy Bear from the old Luann comics. I tried to find a picture of him but I couldn't. Anyway, they were both drawn very similar. I wonder if Gabe and Tycho ever read Luann?

Duddles...do you remember Puddles...your namesake from Luann? Hoo hoo...he was fuzzy like you.
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Hoo hoo!

Post by Duddles »

Hoo hoo! Puddles! Hoo hoo!

Do you think I should get one of these coffee cups?

http://www.cafepress.com/luann/38285

Hoo hoo - look I found some info about Puddles:
Puddles Luann's dog, so named for his tendency to wee in the wrong spots.
Hoo hoo hoo - wait, what?!?
Where's Petri?
Shnoodles

Uno on the X-box?

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey gang. I just read a funny review of the new X-box 360 smash hit - Uno! That's right, the classic game of cards that Lee likes to play at Dennys. But now you wont have to go all the way to Dennys to play Lee, you can just buy an Xbox and play online. Check it out:

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/49046
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Double Oh-Shnood!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys,

Check out this live action recreatement of what many bears think is the pinnacle of video gaming - Goldeneye 007. Ah, the memories...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyBSU60Z ... =goldeneye
In the SHNOOD!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

25 most underrated games

Post by DJ »

Hi.

I found this list of the 25 most under-rated games ever. And I mean ever! Take a peak and see if you recognize any of them. I only recognized one game - Grim Fandango. I remember me and Schlop once played it but we never got very far. It's too bad... it sounds cool.

Also - since Schlop has a PS2 he should check out the game that is #1 and called Ico and then report back to me.

The top 25: http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/sep ... nderrated/

Grim Fandango: http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/sep ... ex20.shtml
Zupancakes
Shnoodles

Eternal Schlopness

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys.

I saw that Lee has become interested in playing board games inspired by HP Lovecraft. Well, did you know there is a video game that is also inspired by HP Lovecraft? It's true. It's called Eternal Darkness and it came out on the GameCube.

What was special about the game was it's patented Sanity meter. When the meter became too low you would start having hallucinations. But even cooler - the game would also try to confuse the player by breaking down the '4th wall.' Here are some examples:
Paintings turning to nightmarish depictions, eg. an idyllic mountain landscape turns to hell on Earth.

Walls and ceilings bleeding. Attacking them causes more effusion.

When casting a spell, the player character's body above the waist explodes.

Appearance of large numbers of monsters that are not really there, and disappear when attacked.

Opening the menu screen and finding that all items are gone.

Volume lowering accompanied by a graphical effect simulating the television volume lowering.

An effect simulating the television suddenly turning off.

Going to save the game and having all saved games ‘deleted'.

Head falling off and then beginning to recite Shakespeare when it's picked up.

Character or monsters shrinking or growing.

A version of the blue screen of death.

Statues and busts turning to look at the character. They turn back to original position when the character faces them.

Character whimpering and babbling to him or herself.

A "to-be-continued" message thanking the player and promising continuation in a sequel game (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Redemption).

Body parts systematically falling off one-by-one.

Player inability to control the character, accompanied by a "No Controller" message as monsters attack the character.

"Deep into that darkness..." quote displaying, giving the appearance of the game having reset.

Character walking into a room from a previous or future chapter.

Character sinking into the floor like quicksand.

Character accidentally shooting him- or herself while reloading, only to find it didn't actually happen.

Character entering a room on the ceiling; after a while the player finds him- or herself back outside the door used to enter the room.

Character observing the "camera" itself, screaming, and firing upon it, producing a bullet hole in the virtual glass.

Entering a room as a zombie, forced to wander the environment in this form until destroyed (and thereafter reappearing at the room's entrance as though nothing had happened).
Cool huh?
In the SHNOOD!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Final Fantasy Sneven

Post by Snuffles »

Do you guys remember Final Fantasy VII? I do! That was the summer that Dave got Chicken the pox and we stayed in a dorm with a scorpion and played a lot of video games! That was also the summer we tricked Lee into sitting in on an intro to computer snience course to take notes for us and help us skate by on the exam! Do you remember that Lee? It was all about classes and snource code.

Anywho - here is a popular youtube vid mini-the-nibs showed me of some guy playing the music from Final Fantasy VII on a piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ukr7RvB ... =1&t=t&f=b
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song