Computer Games

Be it board, computer or outdoors....
Games help distract from doing chores
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Computer Games

Post by DJ »

Let's talk all about computer games guys! What computer games do you play? I hear Shnoodles is really into this new Oblivion game. What's it about Shnoodles?

I also heard Schlop almost had his own computer game but it got killed in the development stage. Too bad - that would have been fun.
Zupancakes
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

City of Villainous Schlops

Post by Snuffles »

Hey.

Schlop - you should really check this out!

http://www.mmorpg.com/cov_trial.cfm?fp= ... 0412093014

They are offering you a 14 day free trial of the MMORPG City of Villains! I personally want to try it out but our computer connection isn't fast enough - but your computer is fast! You should try it out and then post about what happens. You get to design your own Super-Villain. Wheeeeee!

You can sign up anytime before May 10th, and then you will get 14 free days, and you don't even have to enter a credit card number - no Schlop strings attached. So sign up today - because it is only valid while supplies last!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

O Rly?

Post by Shnoodles »

Here is a wikipedia page with all the pop culture references in WoW. Pretty snazzy, eh Lee?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_cultur ... f_Warcraft

Here are some of my favorites:

The Lord of the Rings — The 1 Ring — An item in reference to The One Ring. It gives +1 to Strength, Agility, Stamina, Spirit and Intellect. It's reportedly not as good as The 2 Ring. It can be obtained through fishing, a reference to how Gollum finds the ring in a river.

Billy the Kid — In the bat-trainer's alcove in Undercity you will find Patrick Garrett with a shovel in hand. This is a reference to Pat Garrett who was a friend of Henry McCarty, better known as Billy the Kid. Garrett eventually shot Billy twice in the back. Now Patrick Garrett shovels guano in a city of the dead, presumably his eternal reward.

O RLY? — After the saying became popular among players, one of newly added Goblin Auctioneers in Booty Bay was named "O'Reely". There is also a white owl that flies around a hut near Steamwheedle Port in Tanaris named "O'Reilly". Furthermore, there has been added an Undead auctioneer by the name of "Yarly" in the Undercity Auction House.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective — An NPC named Finkle Einhorn can be found in Blackrock Spire as part of the quest "Finkle Einhorn, At Your Service!" This is a reference to the dual lives of Ace Ventura's antagonist, Finkle/Einhorn. There is also a mace called 'Finkle's Lava Dredger' and a dagger called 'Finkle's Skinner'.
In the SHNOOD!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

!

Post by Snuffles »

Shnoodles, what the hey?

That is really bad forum manners - if you post right after me before Schlop has the chance to read my post, he might only see your post and skip right over mine. You should wait until Schlop or Nibs or Lee responds and then you can post.

Anyways, Schlop be sure to check out my post - the one before Shnoodles' post - it is about this game where you make your own super villain. I can't wait to see what kind of twisted villain Schlop comes up with!
- the Thong Song
Shnoodles

Oops

Post by Shnoodles »

Sorry there Snuffles, my bad. Guess I got a little over-eager there, huh?

Well, it won't happen again. :)
In the SHNOOD!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

SHNOODLES!!!

Post by Snuffles »

Aaaaargh! You did it again! Jimminy shnicketts!

*** Schlop *** please look for my post which is now FOUR posts ago. It's about a computer game you should play. Let me know if you can find it okay, I know this thread has become a mess - you'll have to forgive Shnoodles, he gets really amped whenever he is posting on your boards...
- the Thong Song
Nibs

SchlopVillain

Post by Nibs »

Hey Snuffs,

Schlop wants you to know he saw your post and thanks you for posting. Schlop thinks that game sounds neat. Schlop wants to make a SchlopVillain to take over Beantowna and then possibly a NibVillain to be the webmaster for the SchlopVillain. Well...that last part was my interpretation at any rate of Schlop's expression. Schlop's been hissing at Lee to get more RAM on her laptop.

Anyway, don't worry about your post getting lost Snuffs. Even though we Colorado bears don't always reply quickly, we usually see every post.

Lee thought it was cute your concern though. She keeps talking about how great it will be when you come over to run the stickerbook for her!
lee
No Pants Bean

Good form, Shnoodles

Post by lee »

Shnoodles,

I know Snuffles (hi Snuffs) is being very protective of this thread so I hope this doesn't hurt his feelings...but I just wanted to let you know I thought that was an AWESOME post!!!

You combined Young Guns, LOTR, computer programming and Jim Carrey all into one glorious post!! I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.

Keep up the good work.
Shnoodles

Props for Duddles!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey guys, I have seen Duddles playing computer games a lot lately, and I just found out that he is now ranked #6 in the world as the best gamer! That's incredible isn't it? I never knew he was so talented. So I thought we should all give him props.

Check it out: http://oddlabs.com/highscores.php
In the SHNOOD!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

ohboy ohboy ohboy!

Post by Snuffles »

I just heard from Nibs that he has downloaded City of Villains and him and Schlop are planning to sit down tonight to create their own fiendish Super Villain! Oh wow, I am so excited I can barely wait! I wonder what they will call the villain and what it's villainous powers will be. Hopefully they can take a screen capture so we can see what they come up with.

Woot!
- the Thong Song
Shnoodles

Games of the future

Post by Shnoodles »

Here is a description for a bunch of MMO games that will be coming out in the near future. There sure are a lot of them. Some of them sound pretty interesting. But still no polar bear themed games I guess. Which one do you like the best Lee - the Lord of the Rings game or the Hello Kitty game?

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/04/pre-e3-mmo-roundup/
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

WoW --- the movie!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey gang, I just heard through the grapevine that there is going to be a World of Warcraft movie. Isn't that interesting?

You just have to pay $1 every ten minutes you are in the movie theater... heh heh. Pretty funny, right Nibs?
In the SHNOOD!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Pancake repairman!

Post by DJ »

I was reading the Onion's review of Guild Wars Factions and came across this interesting tidbit:
Until you get your bearings or join a guild, it's hard to find good people for your team; you'll end up wading through the swarms in town, trying to gauge whether MC Daggerz or Pancakerepairman will really watch your back.
Pretty funny, right? Pancake repairman!
Zupancakes
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Pets for pets, keep pets warm

Post by Snuffles »

I found that there is a thingamabob you can buy that lets you make your own MMORPGG. In the FAQ it says:
Can players have pets?

Yes, and your pets could have their own pets if you wished. Each pet has AI, allowing them to follow you and attack whatever you attack.
Pets having their own pets? Crazy! But I guess its kind of like Schlop and Nibs, right? Nibs is always attacking whatever Schlop attacks too.

http://www.realmcrafter.com/
- the Thong Song
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

not so far fetched

Post by PB »

Pets having pets?

Duddles and Petri anyone??