Computer Games

Be it board, computer or outdoors....
Games help distract from doing chores
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Props for Petri?

Post by PB »

Shnoodles wrote:Hey guys, I have seen Duddles playing computer games a lot lately, and I just found out that he is now ranked #6 in the world as the best gamer! That's incredible isn't it? I never knew he was so talented. So I thought we should all give him props.

Check it out: http://oddlabs.com/highscores.php

Hm... looks like Duddles has fallen to 7th. That's too bad. And he better watch out... looks like Petri is climbing the ladder in 16th place!
Petri
Majestic Bean

Props accepted!

Post by Petri »

Thanks for noticing PB! I sure have put a lot of hard work and practice in and now it is really paying off. The student, as they say, has become ... the master!

By the way, I saw there was a player named MUFFINS, but when I asked Muffins about this he said it wasn't him, so I guess there are others out there of the muffin-variety.
Duddles' deeds be done.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Rootin and Tootin'

Post by Petri »

Hey guys. I've heard about a new game where you get to be a gunslinger in the old West! It is made by the same varmits who made Puzzle Pirates. A few years ago, me and Duddles terrorized the high seas and looted our share of booty, and we bought a real cool hat! But then we lost the hat in a sword duel :(

Well, I'm currently downloading the Wild West game and me and Duddles are going to try it out. Maybe we will see Schlop at high noon in the town square? We'll be the one with the nice hat!

http://www.banghowdy.com/
Duddles' deeds be done.
lee
No Pants Bean

Scooped by a Shnoode

Post by lee »

Petri wrote:Hey guys. I've heard about a new game where you get to be a gunslinger in the old West! It is made by the same varmits who made Puzzle Pirates. A few years ago, me and Duddles terrorized the high seas and looted our share of booty, and we bought a real cool hat! But then we lost the hat in a sword duel :(
Hey Petri,

That's actually funny you bring up Bang!Howdy. You see just the other day I was reading this post by Shnoodles about MMORPGs that are coming out in the future and I was reading through a lot of them and saw Bang!Howdy and read how it was created by the Puzzle Pirate guys and thought to myself about how fun that Puzzle Pirate game always looked and bilging water and all... and then I thought what a good idea it was to try a Western and what a clever title. Anyway, out of all the games on that very large site, Bang!Howdy was probably my favorite... so that's cool you guys are trying it out.

But my point is- the true credit goes to Shnoodles for his post on May 5! Good job, Shnoodles!
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Wham Bam Howdy Ma'am

Post by Nibs »

Hey Lee!

Do you think maybe we could also try out Bang!Howdy? I mean, if it can work for the St Louis bears and their (no offense) *crappy* computer... do you think it can work on ours? It'd be so fun to play an MMORPG together with them!!

Petri- let us know if it's any good and maybe we can try it too!!
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Whiny little nibble

Post by PB »

Yo Nibblets,

What's with you and all these group activites all of a sudden?

"Duddles, will you READ with me?"

"Petri, will you PLAY with me?"

Wah. Wah. Wah.

Seriously, Nibs...quit trying to bridge the geographic gap and hang out with your own friends over here. There's no Nobel Peace Prize for Forum Manager, you know.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Bang! Disappointing!

Post by Petri »

Well me and Duddles spent all day installing Bang! Howdy! and then we finally got to make an avatar (Kid Petri - thank you very much) and he also got a helper (The Walkin' Nibs - don't ask). We were very excited to go out there and rustle up some cows or what have you, but were disappointed that there is only one town and you can't leave it. You can't even walk around as your avatar - you just click on a building to go in it. So even if we had a hat (which we don't - too expensive!) no one would be able to see it.

When we went into the saloon there were three different games you could play - but they are all almost identical. Basically you have your player (we chose a gunslinger, per Gulliver's insistance) and then a unit of choice and you can move them around to collect gold nuggets (not chicken nuggets) or to shoot the other players. It's just not as much fun as the sword-fighting game. Too bad. But it is only a beta so I guess they will add more later... but then we will have to pay! Oh well. I'm gonna mosey on over to the kitchen for a snack now.
Duddles' deeds be done.
Shnoodles

A new GROW game to play!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee - I saw there is a new GROW game! Me and mini-nibs are currently trying to play it, but we aren't getting very far. So far we have tried to heat the inner tube and then heat the poison water... but there is also an egg and a mirror and ohmygosh the monster is coming back!!! Aaack!

Fun! You should try it out, but don't tell us how to solve it! I know you are much better than we are at these games.

http://www.eyezmaze.com/chronon/v0/index.html

Hmmm - it looks like that guy in the dirt goes up to eat the apple that falls after it rains, but what does that mean for us?

Ooooo - he ate the egg... but is that good? Oh geez, this is tough!

Oh my god! Now weird stuff is happening! Yikes - exciting!!!

Oof, this is hard! I hope mini-nibs brain doesn't explode like Nibs' brain did... maybe we should take a snack break.

Bahh - me and mini-nibs got about half-way and then we got stuck so we cheated. We feel pretty good about how far we did get though. Lee - I know you won't need to cheat since you are so good at GROW but just in case Nibs needs some help, here is the walkthrough:

http://indygamer.blogspot.com/2005/06/c ... rough.html
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Another GROW game!

Post by Shnoodles »

This one was pretty easy! Me and miniNibs got it right on our fourth try.

http://www.eyezmaze.com/grow/v2/index.html
In the SHNOOD!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Kaboom!

Post by DJ »

Hey.

MiniNibs showed me how to play a game called MineSweeper on the computer. It is really fun. I am trying to pass it on expert but I keep dying. Can anyone else pass it on expert?

Pancakes.
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

DJ rocks!

Post by DJ »

Boo yeah!

Look at this - I just passed the Minesweeper on expert. I bet Nibs can't do that!

Last edited by DJ on Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zupancakes
Petri
Majestic Bean

Calvinball

Post by Petri »

Hey Lee - remember when you wrote that awesome Calvinball computer game? That game ruled!

Well, here are some rules for Calvinball that might help you (finally) finish the game:

http://bartel.org/calvinball/

And here is a funny page that shows how a minor league managar that threw a fit during a game was really playing Calvinball!

http://www.progressiveboink.com/dugout/ ... jon55.html

Bye! Petri (of the P Bear club)
Duddles' deeds be done.
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Wookie growl

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey hey hey.

Sorry for spamming Schlop's board with so many youtube links, but there is just so much good stuff out there! Here is a clip from X-Play where they review the Star Wars game. It has Morgan Webb's classic wookie growl and also watch for the dancing wookies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT86bYja ... b%20wookie
Care for a little Nibs?
Shnoodles

LOTRMMORPGOMGWTFBBQ!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys.

I've just found out some insider info for the upcoming Lord of the Rings online! It turns out you can only play as four races: humans, elves, dwarves and hobbits. Sorry Lee, I know that you were hoping to play as a female Ent and that Schlop wanted to play as a Nazgul and Nibs wanted to be a fishes and Sneeches wanted to be a po-ta-to...

Will you guys still play it?

ETA: This is funny!
Question:
Is there PvP (player vs player fighting) in the game?

Answer:
While there is some (but very little) precedent for PvP in the lore, it doesn't fit into Tolkien's world in the usual way that PvP fits into MMORPG's. In light of this, the design team is looking at PvP alternatives that will satisfy those who enjoy competitive play, while preventing scenarios such as Elves "ganking" Hobbits in the Shire.
Remember that time Schlop came over to visit and he ganked all the bears in the pillowcase?

ETA2: Look at this, there are bears in the game!

http://www.lotrosource.com/gameinfo/faq/faq.php?fid=37
Last edited by Shnoodles on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Update!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys, I just got some new info. These are the characters that Schlop and his friends are going to play as:

Schlop - Schlobbit the hobbit

Nibs - Nibli the dwarf

Sneeches - Sneechomir the human

PB - Pisself the elf

So if you guys are traveling through the Trollshaws and happen to see Sneechomir, tell him that Peachomir says hi!!!
In the SHNOOD!