Pancakes

Food is a very important topic on these forums. We now have a new category devoted entirely to it (including any and all muffins, pancakes, and pastries).
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

The Pancakes of July

Post by DJ »

I heard that Lee is going to a huge pancake festival on the Fourth of July. How many pancakes do you think you will eat Lee? If I was there I would probably eat about ten I bet... depending on the size. I bet Nibs could only eat a half of a pancake!
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

On the lookout

Post by DJ »

I heard that the pancake festival just wasn't up to Lee's standards, so now me and her are on the lookout for a better pancake festival to go to. In the meantime, I will work on eating lots of pancakes.
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Pancakes on the big screen

Post by DJ »

Looks like there is going to be a new pancake movie coming up soon... but the main character uses pancakes as pillows! I'm not sure how I feel about this.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/daninreallife/
Zupancakes
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

doh

Post by Nibs »

Whoa!!

Hey DJ! I was just clicking on this pancake thread to post about this new movie where pancakes are used as PILLOWS but you totally scooped me months ago!! Wow!!

Sorry I missed this post originally. Yeah, I don't know if pancakes make good pillows but I'm glad to see them used so centrally in movie advertising.

Anysneech, looks like a good film. I wonder if it's on Shnoodles radar or what Shnoodles knows about it. Hm....
Nibs

cakes in a f*@#ing PAN

Post by Nibs »

DJ!!!!

I just posted a pancake related video in the Schlopwood thread in the tv section. I figured it fits there, more than here, but I wanted to let you know so you can go watch it.

PANCAKES!!!!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Pancakes on a rainy Monday

Post by DJ »

Do you guys prefer thin pancakes or fluffy pancakes? Sorry for the random question but I was pretty bored and it just popped into my head.

I think I liked thin pancakes best.
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Pancakes in the house

Post by DJ »

Lee - guess what - I just made a lot of pancakes! At first I was making nibs-sized but then for the last one I added all the remaining batter and made a Schlop-sized one. Then I folded it in four and made a pocket and put mini-nibs in it.

I wish you coulda been there Lee.
Zupancakes
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Pancake day

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey DJ, I found a new pancake video for you. Look at all the weird stuff on the pancakes! Also it says February 5th is Pancake Day. Are we gonna make pancakes for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG5gO4nlLRQ
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

Whoa!

Post by Nibs »

HOLYCRAP!!!

That is one AMAZING video! I dont know if even DJ could eat that many pancakes all at once!!

Me and Lee really like how all the ingredients have to navigate around the counter, past the sink and stuff, to get places. Hoo hoo!

Wow, great work Mininibs!! Possibly one of your best posts ever!

One day until Pancake Day!
lee
No Pants Bean

Pancake Day!

Post by lee »

Hi DJ!!!!

HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!!!

I hope it is the best Pancake Day of all times!!

Hugs!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Pancake Day!

Post by DJ »

Happy Pancake Day everybody. Very exciting.

I had a crazy idea - what if you had a big pancake but you started eating from the center of it. Then when you've eaten the center you could use it as a hula hoop. Pretty wild, huh? I can't wait to try it out.
Last edited by DJ on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zupancakes
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Post by PB »

I find it amuzing that DJ had to edit that last post twice.

I asked Nibs to search the backups and find out what the first 2 posts looked like before they were edited... here is what we found:

INITIAL POST:
Happy Pancake Day everybody. Very exciting.
I had a pancake idea - what if you had a big pancake but you started eating around it. Then when you've eaten it you could use it as a pancake. Pretty pancake, huh? I can't wait to try it out.

SECOND POST:
Happy Pancake Day everybody. Very pancake.
I had a zupancake idea - what if you had a big pancake but you started eating from the center of it. Then when you've eaten the center you could use it as a donut. Pretty sneecherific, huh? I can't wait to try it out.

Good thing DJ made that final edit, resulting in the brilliant addition to the forums that we have now.
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Oh no!

Post by DJ »

Apparently yesterday was national pancake day - I was off by a week. The International House of Zupancakes gave out free flapjacks... sorry I dropped the pancake on this exciting news, guys.

http://www.ihoppancakeday.com/

But don't worry - the good thing about time is that it is cyclical just like pancakes. National pancake day will come back next year and I will be waiting.
Zupancakes
lee
No Pants Bean

Pancake Update

Post by lee »

Hey DJ!

This morning I went to breakfast at a place called Stacks and ate PANCAKES!!!

Wish you were here!!!

PS They tasted like Village Inn pancakes... but they were still good!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Stacks

Post by DJ »

I want to go to Stacks too.

In other pancake news, check out this list of the four remaining acceptable things for a presidential candidate to say:
Thank you all for coming
God bless America
These pancakes are great
Death to the infidels
Zupancakes