Books Gulliver Reads

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Books Gulliver Reads

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I've been reading a lot of books lately! I read the Time Traveler's Schlop and now I am reading Everythings Eventually Schlop by Stephen King! I will keep you guys updated on what I read next - here in this thread. I think next I will read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. There was one story in Everythings Eventually Schlop about a guy named Dinky and I thought it was really good, but I was sad when it ended and wanted to know what happened to Dinky. But guess what? I just found out that Stephen King has lots of his characters from other books appear in the Dark Tower series, and Dinky is one of them! Now I can't wait to catch up with Dinky and see what he is up to.

Okay I am going to take a nap now.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
lee
No Pants Bean

books

Post by lee »

Hey Gully (hoo hoo)

These are the books I think you should check out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/045228 ... oding=UTF8

and also

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/046502 ... e&n=283155
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Hmmmm

Post by Muffins »

No offense Lee, but I think you posted in the wrong topic here...

These are for books Gulliver reads. Maybe you should take to Nibs about starting a thread for books you are trying to push onto other people that you yourself havent even read?
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

The Schlopslinger

Post by Gulliver »

Just finished another book! I read the Gunslinger - the first book in the Dark Tower series. I was excited to read these books after reading Everything's Eventually Schlop (about Dinky) and the Little Sisters of Eluria which were both cool! Unfortunately I didn't like the Gunslinger as much, and Dinky wasn't in the book. But it is just the first book of the series and I hear things get much better! Up next is the Drawing of the Three.

Books are fun! Right Lee?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

lee
No Pants Bean

Hullo Gully

Post by lee »

Yes, Gulliver, you're right! Books are fun.

Have you gotten farther in book 2 of the Darktower? Is it getting any better? Nibs asked me if it was scary. Do you think it would be too scary for Nibs (recall that one incident with that one primate)?

I haven't been reading very much lately which is too bad. Keep up the good reading!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Cruising along!

Post by Gulliver »

Hey Lee - I am cruising through 'The Drawing of the Three (Schlops)' and it is quite a ride. It is pretty scary too - the gunslinger wakes up on a beach and there are these scary Schlopstrosities that attack him. And they keep coming back every night and they are poisonous as well. They really gave me the heebie jeebies!

Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

TOO scary

Post by Nibs »

Oh Dear!

What is a Schlopstrosity? What does one look like?

I'm scared already...
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Another book down!

Post by Gulliver »

Hey.

I thought since you guys seem pretty interested in my reading habits, I should tell you that I just finished the Drawing of the Three (Schlops). It was great! The gunslinger had to draw three companions who were bound together by destiny to help him on his quest. This is called a ka-tet. Me and Schlop and PB were a ka-tet too until Lee separated us and locked me in a closet...

Anyways, I am now reading the Waste Lands. So far it has been very exciting - there was a big bear and he smelled like bananas. Where does he get those crazy ideas?

Also, Nibs I had the boys in the back room crank out a possible rendition of what a schlopstrosity might look like - should you ever encounted one in person. Be advised that they appear from the water at night, so if I were you I would avoid any late baths.

Gotta go, my bitsy big-boy boomeroo is almost ready!
Last edited by Gulliver on Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nibs

oh nos

Post by Nibs »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Yikes...next time put some viewer discretion warnings on your post! Eep!!!
lee
No Pants Bean

Hi-Speed Reader

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver,

Don't worry about Nibs. He is extra-excitable every since "the incident." That's a pretty cool picture of a Schlopstrosity.

Wow, I can't believe how fast you are cruising through these books. I'm glad you didn't stop reading after the Gunslinger was so crappy. Are the characters more interesting now? Who is your favorite character? Have you met Dinky yet?

Oh, and could you ask Dave if me and Schlop can call you tonight sometime if that's ok and let me know.

Thanks Gulliver! Enjoy the cool new series.
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Nanner Terror

Post by PB »

Is that a tail? Or is the Schlopstrosity threatening Nibs with a green banana?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

PB and the banana

Post by Gulliver »

No PB, it isn't a green banana, it is seaweed. This is because the Schlopstrosities come out of the ocean. There are no bananas in the ocean.

I think its funny that the Calvin picture Nibs posted looks like he is screaming in horror after spotting Nibs!

I don't think tonight is a good time to call, I am making good progress on the Waste Lands and want to see what happens next.

Nibs

checking in

Post by Nibs »

Hey Gully

How's Wasteland going? Did you finish? Any new scary creatures?

Nibs
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Update for Nibs

Post by Gulliver »

Since Nibs has been breathing down my neck about finishing the Waste Lands, I think he would be pleased to know that last night I did indeed finish it!

Overall I have to say it was pretty exciting. They added a new member to their ka-tet who is a billy-bumbler (a dog-like animal that is able to mimic human speech) named Oy. Oy is really cool and he likes Jake a lot. Shnoodles would probably like Oy too.

It ends on a cliff-hanger on a train named Blaine (who is a pain). I am going to the library today to try to check out the next two books. Wish me luck!

Nibs

Must reach the Dark Tower!

Post by Nibs »

Hey Gulliver,

Did you have any luck getting the next two books?

I think that's pretty cool you're going to the library so much. Could you maybe pick up a Dr Seuss book for me.

Did they really name the train Blaine?