Oscar Talk

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Pawn
Almost Cool Enough to Talk to Schlop

Oscar Talk

Post by Pawn »

Guys- I heard John Stewart is gonna host the Oscars! That'll be
hysterical!
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Really?

Post by Shnoodles »

That's weird Pawn, because I heard that Jon Stewart would be hosting the Oscars...

He's a funny guy, but I think he gets a bit nervous for these shows - he hosted the Grammys or the Emmys or the Schloppys or something a few years ago. He's too afraid to make mean jokes about any of the stars - like last year when Chris Rock made fun of Jude Law and then Sean Penn got angry and tried to defend him - leading to a classic SNL sketch 'The Sean Penn Roast Show'. Unfortunately Jon wont be mean to people in person - as evidenced by his behavior when having Santorum or O'Reilly as guests on TDS (short for The Daily Show).

You guys should post your Oscar picks! Personally I can't believe that Grizzly Man got shut out from even having a chance to be nominated. Is there no justice for bears in Hollywood? Is it just because the bears ate the main character? Typical...
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Oh My

Post by Nibs »

Have they announced the nominees yet?
Shnoodles

Shnoods here

Post by Shnoodles »

Not yet, I think just the films that are possible to be nominated - I'm not sure exactly how they come up with these lists and why Grizzly Man was shut out.
In the SHNOOD!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

A few thoughts

Post by Snuffles »

I don't really watch a lot of movies, but I was talking to Duddles today and he was talking about the Oscars (among other things) and I thought I should post what he said here since he was going to take a long nap and was too sleepy to post himself.

Anyhoo, he said that he was hoping March of the Penguins would win because it had a lot of penguins, and he misses his penguin friends from the blue sock (that's a paraphrase, I can't remember the exact wordage he used).

Also, Gulliver wanted me to say that he is rooting for Wicked and he also wants to know who is up for Best Elphaba. Lee, do you have this info? Thanks.
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Nibs

Nominees on the way

Post by Nibs »

I heard that they release the list of Nominees on Jan 31. That's only 10 days away! I'm so excited.

I hope Brokeback Mtn wins best actor. I think Heath Ledger was WAY more talented than just watching Philip Seymour Hoffman do his impersonation of Capote for an hour.
Shnoodles

Whoa!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Nibs - you were right! Today is January 31st, and they announced all the nominees! Here are the biggees:

Picture:
Brokeback, Capote, Crash, Good night and good luck, Munich

Director:
Clooney, Haggis, Lee, Miller (Capote), Spielberg

Actor:
Hoffman (sorry Lee), Howard, Ledger (Yay Lee), Phoenix, Strathairn

Actress:
Dench, Huffman, Knightley, Theron, Witherspoon

Supporting Actor:
Clooney, Dillon, Giamatti, Gyllenhaal, Hurt

Supporting Actress:
Adams, Keener (Wooo!), McDormand, Weisz, Williams

So exciting! What do you guys think?? I hope they all win really...
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Amy Adams

Post by lee »

Shnoodles,

I just found out that Amy Adams who is nominated for best Supporting Actress in Junebug went to Douglas Country High School and possibly Castle Rock Middle School. My coworker friend at Boettcher used to sleep over at her house and hang out with her all the time back when they were young. Isn't that crazy?

Did you know that Amy is also the girl who makes out with Leonardo DiCaprio and then gets married to him in Catch Me If You Can? Schlop concurs.
Mr. Monkey
Special Bean

Monkeys in the movies

Post by Mr. Monkey »

How come King Kong wasn't nominated?
Ooo eee Ooo Ahhh Ahhh
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Alvin, Simon....Theodore!

Post by PB »

Hey Mr. Monkey....

Bing Bang, Walla Walla Bing Bang!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Oscar gossip!

Post by Muffins »

Guys, keep this one on the downlow - but I just heard that Jon Stewart was seen filming a sketch for the Oscars with none other than George Clooney! And get this - they filmed the sketch in a bed(!) and it is a take-off of Brokeback Mountain. Wowzers!

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2006/02/24/st.html
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Shnoodles

Shnoods with the news!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey guys, I just heard that Jon Stewart was in this bed with George - WHAT??? Muffins! You scooped me... AAAaaarghhhhh!

Okay, he he, I guess I'll just have to be a bit faster next time!
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Ten in the bed and the little one said...

Post by Nibs »

Hmm..de...dum...de...oh look... Oscar updates....

Interesting article guys. Why did they have to take some lady's bedroom though? Can't they build their own bedroom set. That seems odd.

Are you guys gonna have an Oscars party?
Evil Monkey
Regular Bean

You're invited, Nibs

Post by Evil Monkey »

Can you make it to my Oscar party? It's in Room #1408. Once you come inside the room, you won't ever be able to leave - but why would you want to?

You know what film I am rooting for, Nibs? Crash. That is the sound my cymbals make every time I bring them together. Crash. Crash crash crash. Some people have been driven insane by this sound. They hear it in their sleep even when I am not there. But to me it always sounds like beautiful music. Crash. Crash. Crash. Each crash, an eternity of noise. I'll play for you at the Oscar party Nibs.

Bring dip.
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Stranger in a strange bed

Post by PB »

How come Jon Stewart and George Clooney had to oust that woman from her bedroom? That whole thing sounds crazy. Can't you just film a bed set?

Very excited about the Oscars! Whoop!