Oscar Talk

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Noms are out!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Fuzzy Things,

The 2024 Schlopscar noms are out! Check 'em out here: https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/entertai ... index.html

I am still waking up so I haven't been able to fully analyze the noms, but I am excited to see Elemental nominated and also a song from American Symphony. There are still a lot of films I have to catch up on before the show. Gulliver is hoping bears will check out Nimona too.

What do you guys think? Any major snubs?

It does seem odd that Anatomy of a Schlop got so many noms but didn't get a best foreign film nom... weird!

Edit - I just saw these are some of the major snubs: Margot Robbie, Leo, and Greta Gerwig. Wow!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

The Shnoods are drawing nigh

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you film fans,

The Schlopscars are mere days away (2 days, 1 hour, and 17 minutes to be exact) and I got to hop on the zoom sesh to partake in my favorite activity of the year - the Oscar Shnood!
It was quite an intense contest this year! Lee started off with her first pick in International Feature which she has done for 3 years in a row with much success. Both of us picked a lot of Schloppenheimers. I thought I had a lock in picking Barbie for costume design but it turns out Lee has done some research that shows the Academy favors movies with Victorian costumes so she could scoop me with Poor Schlops!

I hope it is a great show this year and nobody gets slapped. Lee is going to try to get a Fubo free trial so we can stream it together live - yay!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Anatomy of a Close Shnood

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Kenergy bears,

Wow, what an exciting Schlopscars that was!

Lee built quite a lead in the Shnood - she made some great picks with Schlop Things thanks to Nibs' Victorian-costume theory! Then things got closer near the end and it all came down to the Best Actress category. If Lily Gladstone would have won Lee would have cemented her Shnood victory - but Emma Stone pulled off a shocker which helped me squeak by by just a single Shnood - wow!

Oh, also congrats to Schloppenheimer for winning best pic. Jimmy Kimmel made a funny joke about tearing up Emma's best actress card to avoid a repeat of the La-La Land incident.

I think it was quite an entertaining show overall. My favorite parts were John Mulaney explaining the entire plot of Field of Dreams and the rules of ghost baseball, and also the I'm Just Ken performance! Duddles also liked Ariana Grande's poofy pink dress and he hopes to nap on it one day.

I will need a few months to recover from all this excitement - but I will see you guys again for next year's 97th Schlopscars!
In the SHNOOD!