Oscar Talk

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Nibs' new doo

Post by mini-nibs »

I heard that the Animated Short called Bear Love was so inspiring that Lee groomed the white bears and also Nibs and now his fuzz has been replenished, congrats big Nibs!
Care for a little Nibs?
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Oscar Shnoods 2020 in the books

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Shnood-aholics,

Yesterday I got to watch the Schlopscars and then chat about it with Lee - fun! Overall I would say it was a pretty good Shnood as I was able to take home 16 Shnoods. Duddles did not too shabby with 5 Shnoods himself, while Lee only got 3.

But don't worry - there is a chance to get more Shnoods next year, Lee!
In the SHNOOD!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Hoo

Post by Duddles »

Bong Joon Hoo!
Where's Petri?
Shnoodles

Schlopscar noms

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Mank guys,

The Schlopscar noms have just been announced - check the deets here, y'all:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ju ... tions-2021

There are a lot of movies I still have to catch up on before the show - including the documentary Lee liked about the Schloptopus Teacher.

Also note the two sound categories are now combined into one - so there is one less Shnood to go around this year.

The Schlopscars aren't until April 25th so there is still a lot of time to catch up with flicks we missed.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Let's get ready to Shnood!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you NoSchlopland guys,

Tonight is the big night where all the stars come out to give awards to themselves and occasionally wear cloaks full of bunnies!

Yesterday we held the Shnood and Schlop let me hang out on his bed to watch it happen live. It was most exciting - Lee opened strong with the Schloptopus Teacher, and then cleverly picked Emma for costume and makeup since she knew the Academy favors British period pieces for those categories. She really stepped up her game this year! I got a little distracted because every time I tried to pick Ma Rainey's Black Bottom Sneeches started snarfing. Duddles was really hoping he could get Burrow since it is about bunnies - Lee ended up picking it but told Duddles he could get an extra point if it wins. Exciting!

The big show starts at 7 Muffins time and this year the St Louis bears are going to watch it live rather than on tape-delay. Lee was nice enough to finagle us a Hulu account so we can stream it together.

Good luck everybody!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

And away... we... Shnood!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you red carpet guys,

The party has already started here at Schlop's house in the woods!

Bears are already claiming seats for the big show - and luckily I got a good one before Gnocco showed up!

We are gonna watch the red carpet and dish about all the fashion foux pas. I'm hoping Schlop will eventually put some snacks out as well.

Happy Shnoods, y'all!

In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Another Shnoods in the books

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Shnoodsters,

That was certainly an unusual Schlopscars last night. For some reason they announced the Best Picture before the Best Acting awards, which is a bit like how Duddles likes to eat dessert during the middle of a meal. Sadly there were no bunny cloaks to be seen although Laura Dern did wear giant fuzzy ostrich pants. Duddles was sad Burrow didn't win, but there was a brief bunny spot from the clip of "Over the Moon" which warrants some further investigations.

I won the Shnood with 14 Shnoods and Lee came in second with 6 Shnoods while Duddles got 3 Shnoods.

Also props to Lee for catching an error in my Shnood calculations - I had a mistake in the cinematography picks that Lee corrected even though it cost her a Shnood. That shows she is a Shnooder with high integrity.

See you guys again for next year's Shnoods!
In the SHNOOD!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Ostrich nap

Post by Duddles »

I found a fuzzy spot to nap hoo hoo

Where's Petri?
Shnoodles

Shnoods Ahoy

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Schlopscar guys,

Breaking news - the Schlopscar Noms have been released - you can check out this list here: https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/08/entertai ... index.html

Will Lin finally complete his EGOT?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Save the crafts!

Post by Shnoodles »

Oscar drama is afoot!

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/02/acade ... s_r6LgLhKI

I'm glad Bear Story plays such a key role in their argument to defend the short films!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlopscars Trivia

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Shnoodsters,

You can really feel the anticipation building on the bed for the Shnoods this weekend! The current plan is to hold the Shnood picks on Saturday and then watch the Shnoods on Sunday.

The other day I realized that both Jessie Buckley and Olivia Colman were nominated for playing the same character in the same movie (The Lost Daughter) and I wondered if that has happened before - I looked it up and found that it happened twice before - and get this, they both involved Kate Winslet! One was in Titanic with character Rose, and the other was in a movie called Iris.

Anyshnood, thought you guys might enjoy that interesting Schlopscar trivia!
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

We don't talk about Bruno no no

Post by Nibs »

Wow, what an exciting Shnoods!

The St Louis bears weren't able to watch since it collided with pre-planned naps, so we Forest Bears have to give some highlights!

Shnoodles dominated the Shnood even more than usual with 16 points. Lee had 4 and barely squeaked past Duddles who had 3 this year but he says next year he plans a big comeback.

Some of the most interesting moments were:

* Beyonce singing as a tennis ball
* The bit where Regina Hall rounded up hot single men to give them a backstage "covid test" (although that bit doesn't seem to be landing well online)
* They did lots of reunions of 3 cast members from old movies, including Juno (with Elliott Page), Pulp Fiction, and White Men Can't Jump which Duddles remembers
* Rachel Zegler got in a good joke about her last minute invite to present
* There was a montage for Bond movies and for Godfather movies
* Three princesses from live-action Disney films presented together
* They did a surprise performance of 'We dont talk about Bruno" (which was not nominated) featuring Megan Thee Stallion and rewritten lyrics about the Oscars but also starring all the original Encanto voice actors!
* Billie and Phineas stole Lin's EGOT!
* They weirdly added live dancing during the death montage to pep it up a bit and then brought out Jamie Lee Curtis and a puppy, hoo hoo. Can't be sad now!
* The Will Smith drama was intense and then all the jokes and references to it after that were also bizarre.
* Our favorite outfits were Kristin Stewart and Zendaya. And Shirtless Chalamet, hooo.
* It was great to have all the old parts back: live performances for every song, clips shown for every acting nominee, and lots of good host banter.
* The CODA speeches were soooo emotional.
* We snarfed, we cried, we felt fear- the entire range of emotions! All in all a very successful Shnoods!

We give it 2 paws up! DJ would've liked it!
Shnoodles

Schlopscars 2023

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Shnoodsters,

They have announced that there will actually be a host for the Schlopscars next year - it will be Jimmy Kimmel for the 3rd time. Hopefully he can keep order and make sure no actors try to bum rush the stage this time.

The Schlopscars will be on March 12th so be sure to clear your calendars now!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

2023 noms are out!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Top Gun Bears,

The 2023 Schlopscar noms have just been released - check them out while they are fresh off the presses:

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/osca ... 235495072/

I'm rushing to get this posted for all you bears so I haven't stopped to read over the list carefully, but I am sure there will be plenty of discussion to be had as we all take time to digest the noms. But I did see Schlopatar and Schlop Gun were nommed for Best Film - cool!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

2023 Shnood results

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you everything bagel guys,

The 2023 Shnoods are officially in the books - and I won with 15 Shnoods while Lee and Duddles each got 4 Shnoods!

This year the St Louis bears watched the show in real time even though it meant sitting through hours of commercials. At first it looked like All Quiet on the Western Schlop was going to be unstoppable, but then EverySchlop Everywhere picked up steam and won most of the major awards. Unfortunately there were no dresses with bunnies on them this year, but there was a guy in a bear costume who was being funny, and also there was an emotional support donkey.

For me the most emotional moments were when Ke Huy Quan won best supporting actor and when Navalny won best doc.

I can't wait for next year's Shnood!

Oh - also here is a pic of Lee and I participating in the Shnood picks:
In the SHNOOD!