New Foods

Food is a very important topic on these forums. We now have a new category devoted entirely to it (including any and all muffins, pancakes, and pastries).
Petri
Majestic Bean

Magical Myster Schlopsicle

Post by Petri »

I heard that Nibs discovered a new food that you can only find when flying high about the Pacific Ocean during the Witching Hour. Everyone else on the flight was asleep but Nibs woke up just in time to see an apparition in the form of a flight attendant walking down the aisle. The attendant gave Nibs a magical schlopsicle that was made from acai berries.

If only Duddles could have been there to have a lik...
Duddles' deeds be done.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Food from the Dreaming

Post by Nibs »

Apparently Schlop had a dream this week about a new type of food.

It was dough shaped like the letter N. The outer dough was bagel-like but also a bit hollow inside, with slits. And inside was a nice mozzarella cheese and tomatoes and so it was a hot savory treat!

You could eat different parts of the N and it was all quite delicious.

New word on the street is that perhaps this food was maybe shaped like a Z but Schlop has neither confirmed nor denied that theory.
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Munchings and Crunchings

Post by Duddles »

Hoo there is so much food that has arrived and it keep arriving and every day there is a new box of foodstuffs and all the bears get to pick a foodstuff and now there is a penguin and we can all eat the foodstuffs

and it is like in Waterschlop Down when all the bunnies discover the flayrah and they get to eat and eat and silflay and I'm pretty sure nothing bad ever happens to the bunnies again because I felt asleep at that point

Hoo hoo!
Where's Petri?
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Pickle Schlop

Post by Muffins »

I heard Schlop got a pickle and is going to try to make chili with it in a slow cooker - I've never heard of pickled chili before!

I hope he will post the recipe and let us know how it turns out.
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Trout

Post by Muffins »

I heard Schlop ate a trout!
Nibs

Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit

Post by Nibs »

Word on the streets (not that any of us are out on the streets due to the Delta variant) is that Dave will soon start phasing out eggs and replace them with FAT RABBITS

https://www.target.com/c/frozen-meals-e ... 9ma6?Nao=0!

Each rabbit has the protein levels of one dragon egg, even after it has been dipped in cold water!

We hope Dave enjoys this new delicacy. After all, there's only one way to eat a brace of conies!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

FAT RABBITS

Post by Duddles »

HOO HOO HOO!
Where's Petri?
Nibs

Moar rabbits

Post by Nibs »

Exciting times for bears of every kind!

Lee got a new job in January of 2022 and it has two perks:

1) It gives you $250 in DoorDash credits which the St Louis bears are using to acquire more Fat Rabbits! Hopefully they'll let us know what else they get too!

2) It give you $100 in PublicGoods credits which Lee has used to get lots of bear snacks for us, hoo hoo! Duddles even got some lemonade. I hear that next month Schlop might even get a robe!

Hoo hoo! Fuzzah for extra free foods all around!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Cooking outside of the box

Post by Muffins »

Word on the bed is that Lee has ascended to a higher level of cooking skills and as such no longer needs a Blue Apron box at all - she is now able to create recipes all on her own!

I heard she made a pasta with tomato cream sauce and roasted bell peppers and capers and brocolli. Wow!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Nibs is juicing

Post by Muffins »

I heard Nibs won a bet about Mt. McKinley and for a prize he got an instant smoothie that was a chocolate monkey dishwasher!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Schlops and Scones

Post by Muffins »

I heard that Lee ventured to a bakery where she was able to trade the baker's wife a magic bean in exchange for scones!

Three scones were given to the attic bears. One forged of lemon was given to PB, one of maple given to Shnoodles, and one of pumpkin given to Stu.

But they were all of them deceived, for Schlop got a loaf of pumpkin bread in secret which he used to make toast!
Nibs

Viva Mexico!

Post by Nibs »

Oh how exciting!

Peaches put on a mask to look like Sneeches and went to get a free Mexico City quesadilla from the Grilled Quesadilla Company!

Fortunately, Sneeches has a gender neutral name so no one even asked Peaches for ID!

Sneeches was running around earlier in disbelief at how fuzzy Peaches is in this photo!

Bears are excited that Lee's dying company is still trickling out a steady stream of DoorDash lunch credits each month... which currently amounts to 6.25 quesadillas, and since Peaches is quite stuffed after just eating half, that's 13 more dinners! Wow!

(Duddles keeps asking but what about the rabbits tho... hoo hooo)

We can't wait to hear what Peaches thinks of Cancun coming up next!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Foods a plenty

Post by DJ »

Lee came out to visit me and we had quite a few tasty meals.

We tried out a new pizza place and got a pizza and chocolate gelato. We also got some ice cream sandwiches from Aldi later.

Perhaps most exciting was we drove out (with some off-roading) to a special bakery where we waited 30 minutes for some treats fresh from the oven - the best of which was the red bean bun. We also had a taro bun, a pineapple tart, a chocolate walnut cookie, a lavender cookie, and a loaf of umami bread. Lee discovered the umami bread goes best when spread with garlic hummus. I was so stuffed I didn't even have room for a pop tart.

I can't wait until Lee comes back and we can eat some more fancy foods.
Zupancakes
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Polenta hoo hoo

Post by Duddles »

Lee made me a Polenta friend hoo hoo!
I think I will name him Mr. Bean Face hoo hoo
Where's Petri?