Video Games

Be it board, computer or outdoors....
Games help distract from doing chores
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Can I play too?

Post by Snuffles »

Hey Lee, I heard that Peaches was going to go visit Sneeches... do you think I could come along too? I could play the Wii and then maybe we could hang out...
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

hooray!!!

Post by lee »

Yeah, Snuffles!

You should definitely come too!! I would love to show you the Wii and play some Wii with you!!!

I took yesterday off work and played Zelda all day. It was fun- I rescued a lot of monkeys and acquired a VERY POWERFUL boomerang. But then I turned back into a wolf and that part is too hard! Maybe you can help me pass that part.

Can't wait to see you Snuffs!!!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Lee rescues monkeys!

Post by Snuffles »

Yay cool! I'll do the stickers!
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

Wiilly cool

Post by lee »

Hey Snuffs,

I can't wait to show you the Wii!!

I've been playing a lot more Zelda lately. I got some IRON BOOTS and used them to impress the GORGONS of DEATH MOUNTAIN. Then I've been playing this lava mine level. It's awesome because I can magnetize some of the walls and then I can put on my IRON BOOTS and walk on walls and ceilings- it's really neat.

Anyhow I've picked up a really powerful BOOMERANG and a BOW AND ARROW at this point so it's really cool.

This game also involves a lot of combat while riding my HORSE so that's pretty fun. I had to do a JOUST against an evil dude riding a warthog.

Anyway, Zelda is great game. Woot!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Wheeeeeeeee!

Post by Snuffles »

Lee that was awesome getting to hang out with you and play the Wii! You were so good at the Wii! I think I was starting to get the hang of it too. They should make smaller controllers for the littler bears.

Let me know what happens next in Zelda!
- the Thong Song
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Go Snuffs

Post by PB »

You rock, Snuffles!!

DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Opposable Snuffles

Post by DJ »

Wow, I didn't know Snuffles had thumbs.

Weird...
Zupancakes
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Bear in Halo 3

Post by Muffins »

Apparently there are some cavemen in Halo 3 and one of them has a teddy bear! Don't shoot the bear!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14355153@N06/1460254773/
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
lee
No Pants Bean

Newses

Post by lee »

Hey Snuffles!

I have two exciting things to tell you!!

First, did you hear that there are STICKERS in the new Stephen Colbert book??? You should read it!! And use the stickers!!!

Second, I played some Zelda last night. It had been a while. I made it to the Desert Temple. So I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Miss you, Snuffs!
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Firefly Halo!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you video game and Firefly guys,

Did you know that Captain Mal and Jayne do voices for the new Halo 3 game? It's true - Jayne's character even mentions his gun 'Vera' and Mal's says 'Reynolds out' after talking.

Cool!
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

The pink guy is cool

Post by Nibs »

Hey look at this game!

Those guys look like they're having fun. Anyone want to play this with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taiurn541SE&fmt=18
Nibs

The future, which is the past, is NOW

Post by Nibs »

Wow, this old moldy forum thread hasn't been updated in over 10 years!

BUT TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!

Usually there is not much reason to leave the malm.

But on Friday, Lee's roommates went to GameStop and acquired a mini-classic-SNES somehow! We bears had only heard legends of such things existing and had discounted them as pure myth.

But apparently it's real! And inside this Nibs-sized-console is every classic game we grew up with: MarioKart, Super Marioworld, Zelda, FinalFantasyIII, FZero, Starfox, Contra3, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter 2 to name a few.
https://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic/

Lee and I watched in amazement as her roommates played Donkey Kong Country. And then Mariokart. (Lee played one round and smoked them.)

Wow. We can't believe it! Wish we had had this when PEACHES visited!!

[One funny thing is that they expect you to plug this into a TV and since we have it plugged into a projector there is no audio. So Lee pulled up a youtube walkthrough of Donkey Kong Country on her computer and "DJ'd" while they played... playing the right music for each level... hoo hoo. We ordered a cable/splitter to make audio work.]

Here is me sitting next to this tiny thing for scale! So tiny!

Will the introduction of a console after all these years create waves of chaos in Lee's grad school studies? Or will it be a nice distraction from the support land of WorkFuzzy? Only time will tell!

Regardless, it definitely makes us miss the 90s and all our good times playing these games together!
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Schlop Simulator 2020

Post by mini-nibs »

There is a new Microschlop Flight Simulator out and it uses Bing maps to have realistic buildings. You can even fly to Burning Schlop!

There was a funny thing where people noticed a giant 200 story obelisk towering over Melbourne - turns out a college student messed up when entering data for the map database and typed 212 instead of 2 for how many stories the building was!

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/21/2139 ... ata-glitch
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Schlopagoa

Post by mini-nibs »

Nibs showed us the coolest game during his recent visit (on his way to the Alps) - it is called Schlopagoa and we played it on the Schlop Pad! It involved manipulating 4 different panels to solve puzzles - often by finding patterns between different panels. It was also a fascinating story about looking back on life and searching for a deeper meaning beneath it all and building back from war and collecting different colored apples. Nibs was the best at solving the puzzles and we were able to win the whole game!

Peaches and Sneeches were so inspired by the puzzles that they even recreated their own version using a wooden spoon!
Care for a little Nibs?