Disney Movies

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Disney Movies

Post by Nibs »

Ok how do we not have a Disney thread, guys? It's been like 15 years since we've had these forums? Honestly... what is even happening here.

Anysneech, as you all know, Lee and I really like Frozen. We first saw it in Mexico in Spanish! And then it caught on with all the kids and Elsa became overhyped but Lee and I liked it anyway. We also obsessively listened to the soundtrack AND the cd of songs that got cut from Frozen, which has some of our favorites.

Well, now it's been 5 years and it's time for Frozen 2*!

So far we are pretty excited over here! It comes out in only 21 days. It looks like Elsa gets to do some pretty neat stuff with her ice magic... like battle a fierce ocean at night... and maybe even ride an ice horse around. Also looks like there's some new "people in the woods." Hopefully they will prove more useful than The Others from Lost. Also the Trolls seem to be back and it all seems quite epic.

We particularly like the line about how everyone used to fear Elsa's magic was too powerful and now they fear it's not powerful enough!

Can't wait for more time in this cool Northern universe they've created! And amazing that the whole voice cast is back!

*We choose to ignore the existence of the Frozen Christmas Special that aired before Coco for 6 weeks and upset so many.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

#MeToo

Post by Gulliver »

Hi Nibs.

I also like Frozen and am excited for Frozen 2 too just like Lee and did you know that Elsa is also the same voice as Elphaba and they both can do magic?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Nibs

Post by Nibs »

Hi you guys!

Only 2 weeks until the long awaited Frozen 2 hits theaters!

Yeah, Gulliver, I'm so glad you're excited too! You're right, Elsa and Elphaba have so much in common!

I'm personally very curious about this blue lizard friend that Elsa seems to have. He makes an appearance in the trailer and Lee and I encountered him in a movie poster earlier today.

I wonder if he's nice and if he'll be someone to make the blue bears proud to have more blue animals represented in films!

Can't wait to find out!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Little Blue Dinosaur

Post by Muffins »

Nibs is that a dinosaur?

Because it looks like a dinosaur!

I'm pretty sure it's a dinosaur and we should post about it in the new dinosaur thread.

Cool!
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Nibs

Lovely lizard

Post by Nibs »

Muffins, what???

A dinosaur???

No, you can't hijack this Frozen 2 thread!

I mean I'm sure there is a debate somewhere about where do lizards end and dinosaurs begin... but look at how lizard like this guy is:

mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Not a lizard

Post by mini-nibs »

I just wanted to intervene before this lizard / dinosaur debate gets too heated - and inform everyone that the blue creature being discussed is actually a salamander.
At first glance salamanders appear to be a type of lizard. However, this is not true. Salamanders are their own distinct group of animals belonging to the order Caudata. Even though they do superficially resemble lizards, there are several differences that separate the two. One visual cue is that lizards usually have external ear-openings and clawed toes. Salamanders lack such features.

Salamanders are also amphibians, while lizards are reptiles. The main differences between reptiles and amphibians are that reptiles are covered in dry scales or scutes, while amphibians have moist skins. Amphibians also produce eggs that are dependent for the most part on water and moisture, while reptiles have shelled-eggs that are terrestrially adapted. Most amphibians undergo a metamorphosis from juvenile water-breathing forms to adult air-breathing forms, reptiles do not.
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

Standing down

Post by Nibs »

Wow! What a fact drop!

I had no idea that salamanders were so different than lizards!!

Apparently his name is Bruni!!

https://www.fatherly.com/news/frozen-2- ... runi-cute/

Can't wait to get to know the little guy.

Truce, Muffins? Hugs!
Nibs

Not much longer

Post by Nibs »

We are almost there, you guys!

Frozen 2 opens a week from today!

In one of the newest trailers, there is some singing. So yes, we can now confirm it is a musical.

I'm pretty excited about the mysterious people who live beyond the fog. I wonder if they will be like The Others in Lost. Oooh... does anyone think a Polar Bear might make an appearance?

I think Lee and I will go next Saturday night!
Nibs

For the first time in forever

Post by Nibs »

We finally made it! Technically Frozen 2 opened in theaters last night and is now playing this weekend! How exciting!

Lee is still recovering from her superflu, so I'm not sure if we will brave the theaters yet or give her immune system more time to recover.

Interestingly, Frozen 2 tried to do right by the indigenous people who inspired "the others" in this film. https://nowtoronto.com/movies/features/ ... ture-sami/

Lee and I also signed up for a 7 day trial of Disney+ and watched The Jungle Book last night. Everyone is pretty fuzzy in that movie! Did you know The Black Cauldron is on Disney+! Munchings and crunchings for all!
Petri
Majestic Bean

Nibs is watching Frozen 2!

Post by Petri »

It is happening as we speak - Nibs is in a theater and watching Frozen 2! And look how fancy the theater is!

I hope nothing bad happens to Bruni
Duddles' deeds be done.
Nibs

na na na hey na na

Post by Nibs »

You guys... I have no words....

*wipes eyes with tear-soaked paw*

*takes deep breath*

It was... so...

*begins uncontrollable sobbing again*

....good....
Nibs

Lost in the malm

Post by Nibs »

Hey you Idina fans,

I am still recovering from my daily shock about how great Frozen 2 was.

Lee and I also discovered this Inside Frozen 2 podcast (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/i ... 1485788729) where every week they interview different creative contributors to the project. It is helping us really understand how a movie of this caliber got made! The episodes come out every Wednesday, and Lee and I have been listening loyally. Our first weekly podcast experience, hooo!

Also Lee and I are going to go see Frozen 2 again on Wednesday as a reward for surviving all the end of semester stress. And hopefully again with St Louis bears! There's a lot to take in, so I'm excited to catch the extra layers in more viewings.

Lee recently wrote up a bulleted list of themes we love about Frozen 2. This included ancestral trauma/healing, indigenous rights/colonial wrongs, environmental messages, processing grief, and all the other powerful ambitions of this movie.

Anysneech, this reporter took it even one step further than we had taken it! Wow! https://visionmag.org/2019/11/26/frozen ... conscious/

But sadly our favorite youtube personality wasn't that into the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwN3Myxrpvw. She makes some good points but Lee and I have counter-arguments to her other points. We still appreciate how thoughtful she is about plot and movie arcs though.

Have a fuzzy day everyone!
Nibs

Hot little guys

Post by Nibs »

Oh yeah...

We also learned that the reason Bruni is in the film is because in ancient Norway, they used to chop down trees and throw them on fires... and sometimes when they did that, a bunch of salamanders would run out of the fire, because they had been living in the trees....

But this caused the ancient people to think that the salamanders were the ones who created the fire and thus the mythological concept of a fire salamander for those cultures.

Cool!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Nibs Back it again with the Frozen 2

Post by Snuffles »

Apparently Nibs is going back to see Frozen 2 again!

Seeing the same movie multiple times in theaters is a great honor reserved for truly great cinema masterpieces like The Lord of the Schlops and The Greatest Schlopman. Now we can add Frozen 2 to the pantheon!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Nibs

Duddles likes honeymaren

Post by Nibs »

Hi guys!

I saw Frozen 2 again yesterday and am just as speechless as ever.

I definitely noticed a lot more on the second watch. The movie opens with a flashback and lots of things in that flashback foreshadow things to come.

I think the other thing is just how stunning this movie is visually. Lee and I just pored over the internet to find some shots that prove it, but the internet doesn't seem to have put the good stuff online yet. Probably for the best.

I was wondering now that 3 weeks had passed since I first saw it if I had overhyped it in my mind. But the second viewing confirms this is indeed a really unusually spectacular film.

This time we saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse which is famous for making a 30 minute "pre-show" for each movie, based on relevant content from that movie. That was neat, they had a lot of Russian clips from various Snow Queen movies in the past.

I think the other thing I like so much in this movie is how much they do with magic. It feels like this time it really lives up to the potential and you see Elsa really using her powers in amazing ways.

Anysneech, what a film. Hope all bears can see it one day!