Sneechmas '19 Bear Trip

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Sneechmas '19 Bear Trip

Post by Nibs »

Hi you bear friends!

Last year we hung out on Tomales Bay and made some gross Italian Stew together, hooo! But the long windy roads were kind of a pain and so this year we are all coming to St Louis to reunite the bear clans.

Lee and I did hours of research and then stumbled upon this one-in-a-million AirBnSneech discovery! It's not in a bad part of town, it's close to Forest Park and all our regular haunts, we each get our own room (except Sneeches can share with Peaches), there's a great board game table, a nice kitchen, and even a random arcade machine. The best part is the phenomenally cheap price- as it is somehow much cheaper than even the W Pine Blvd AirBnSneech we usually stay in. Also we get the full place, so there will be no Samuel L Jackson late night debacles this time!

Take a look: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/29899698?c ... OtojMor0zD

Lee and Schlop and me and Mom and Hugs/Mugs/Heidi/Bubbles/Flipper/Bob/TobyLove/Stu/Sneeches and probably Klondike (I haven't asked him yet) are heading to town on Friday, Dec 20 and will leave on Thursday Dec 26.

I don't yet have the scoop on what movies will be playing, except Bombshell, hoo hoo.

I know there's been some ruffled feathers about St Louis as this year's location, but hopefully this AirBnSneech score makes everyone happy!

Lee and I will bring Pandemic so we can finally finish saving the world. Maybe we should order Pandemic Season 2 just in case?
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

snubbed

Post by PB »

Ouch.
Nibs

*buries head under covers*

Post by Nibs »

Oh nos! Sorry PB!

I listed everyone and forgot you but I didn't mean to and you should come!!

Oh dear oh dear!!!
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

ring around the bush

Post by peaches »

Hi Sneeches!

I heard that this year there will be a Hannukah Bush and that the bears are planning to form a circle around it.

I hope I will get to be next to you in the circle, Sneeches!
Last edited by peaches on Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
Nibs

Sneechmas bound

Post by Nibs »

Oh wow, the time is fast approaching for Sneechmas 2019, the last Sneechmas of the Decade!

Lee is working on foodstuff recipe gathering.

Sneeches is working on his sheen!

I hear Snuffles is working on his arcade skills since there is an arcade machine in this airbnsneech for some reason, hoooo.

Peaches is working on Hannukah bush decorations.

Schlop is working on naps.

Sounds like we may see less movies than I anticipated, but Dave got us tix to Kylo Ren for Sneechmas Eve, Aha Oho!

Bears excited for Neil's radio piece as well. A sneechmas tradition.

We will probably see less otters and birds than last year but maybe we'll catch another deer in Forest Park.

Bears can't wait!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Otter Pals

Post by Duddles »

Hullo Nibs,

We could go to the zoo and see the otters there. They are my friends. (Also the heron is too)

Hoo

Where's Petri?
Nibs

S'mores and more

Post by Nibs »

The trip is underway!

It kicked off with a glorious meal at Shake Shack, although no one had a shake.

The next day there were pancakes and some Panera and grilled cheese and soup. An auspicious winter wonderland happening in Central West End supplied s'mores and kettle corn, while Lee experienced the Chess Museum for the first time.

David was gifted a magic red tin of the most delicious homemade treats and we have been rationing those out.

We played a new National Parks board game thanks to Max!

Duddles has a stocking and something in it! What could it be?

Mostly we've been cleaning Dave's place, which has been a big success. Our AirBnSneech is decent though, even though it's on a loud road.

So far a top notch trip!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Then Schlop Fell

Post by Snuffles »

Us bears were just chilling on the couch when all of a sudden we saw Schlop had come out of his bedroom and was sitting on the kitchen table. He looked a little tipsy. Then I heard him shout "I am a golden god!" and he fell backwards onto the floor!

Lee took him back to his bed where hopefully he can recuperate. I suspect he got into one of the wine bottles laying about and had too much to drink.
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

The SNEECH Report

Post by Sneeches »

Oh HULLO!

I'm not sure why they picked ME to write an update... I haven't written in a WHILE but hopefully this will go OK.

I only have one night left here with PEACHES. Me and PEACHES got to sleep in Dave's room, which I think is the BEST SPOT. It certainly has the most BED per BEAR of any spot in this AirBnSNEECH.

The best part of the trip has been the MAGIC TIN of ETERNAL COOKIES. Each treat is better than the last, it is amazing how YUMMY all the GOODIES are. Apparently this enchanted tin is from the BALDRIDGE LAB. A place where they use SCIENCE to perfect cookie softness and deliciousness.

We have somehow made 2 Aldi's dishes last for FOUR days, like the MACCABEES. We also saw the conclusion to all of STAR WARS and there was a DOG who came too. No one narcoslept and everyone was pretty pleased with JJ's choices.

We also helped get rid of 10+ years of DUST and STUFFS from PEACHES' habitat. I had no idea that all this time PEACHES was training for Burning Schlop terrain to come with me and Lee. Hopefully this more sterile environment will be PLEASING to PEACHES. At least with the new IKEA SKUBB he will never be without a MATCHING SOCK.

Thanks to MAX we TREKKED the NATIONAL PARKS. Some PANDEMIC LEGACY also happened but I napped through all of that.

AnySNEECH it's been a nice SNEECHMAS and I will miss PEACHES a lot!

It was nice to be TOGETHER!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Pie for Schlop

Post by Gulliver »

Schlop got a piece of pumpkin pie - and he ate on the couch!

Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Pikahoo!

Post by Duddles »

Lee got me a Pikachu hoo hoo and it was in the penguin sock hoo and I am so happy hoo hoo!

Where's Petri?
Nibs

Sneechmas '20 Staycation

Post by Nibs »

Hullo bears!

For the bear historians who read this in 100 years, I figured I'd better post about Sneechmas in the Year of the Plague.

We all stayed in our respective bungalows, but a great poem was written. Sharing it here for posterity. It is a spoof of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVCtUd ... yNightLive.

It's Sneechmas morning
Let's open up our presents

Snuffles got socks
Stu got galoshes
Sneeches got a pair of giant butternut squashes

Gnocco got some candy
Shnoodles got a sled
PB got drunk on a loaf of rum-flavored bread

Duddles got a coffee cake with raspberry layers
Nibs got a wibbly-wobbly record player

and Schlop got a robe!

HOO HOO SNARF SNARF!!!

The poem really sums up well the big bear events of December.

Meanwhile, all the bears watched Pixar's new movie, Soul, together. There was a fluffy cat and a sun spot and it turns out Pecan Pie is the answer to appreciating life!

Sneeches is always one step ahead of us, despite playing the fool. Hoo hoo!
Nibs

Holidays 2021

Post by Nibs »

Hi Bears!

It seems like this is the place where we write about bear holidays lately so I'll keep it going here!

We are still in the strange plague years, sadly, so we bears didn't get to give each other any in-person hugs. But lots of friendship-lamp hugs have been shared thanks to Sneeches and PEACHES!

We didn't get to do Thanksgiving together in person, but we made up for it by doing 4 zooms in one week that week! We played lots of sneechwords!

Then for Sneechmas we did four zooms in 24 hours! We watched Encanto and did 2 sneechwords and even did a zoom with Mom! One of those zooms involved playing the cool Jeopardy game! And only days before we had watched the new Matrix and had a zoom chat about that!! So many zooms!

For Shnood Years, Lee and I tried to go camping but got spooked by omicron, so we came home and we did a bonus Sneechword zoom call with PEACHES that weekend!

And for Lee's upcoming bday, the bears are going to do a zoom call as well. It's so nice we can still hang out virtually even if we can't be in person for a bit longer.

Here's hoping we can be together for Holidays 2022!

Bear hugs to one and all!

PS By the way, Schlop wants this robe that was talked about in last year's post, hoo hoo. Lee's job gives her $100 a month to get snacks but she saw they also have a robe- maybe she can get it for Schlop!
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Sneechmas 2022

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey y'all,

Us bears tried to make a Sneechmas Card for Sneechmas 2022 - but we ended up taking a few extra days so it is now doing double duty as a Shnood Year's Eve Card.
Care for a little Nibs?
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

At last

Post by DJ »

It only took 32 years of asking, but I finally got my Hula Hoop!
Zupancakes