The Amazing Adventures of Lee

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

That's the tooth

Post by Muffins »

I heard Lee went to the dentist and she won a prize and now she gets to pick the prize and I wonder what prize she will pick?
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Amarylith

Post by DJ »

Or it could be

Something special

Just for DJ!
Zupancakes
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Trans Pacific in more ways than one!

Post by Nibs »

Hi friends!

Lee and I just landed in Melbourne! The flight was 15 hours! Hoooooo!

We lucked out and there was an empty middle seat. The aisle lady was a cool woman who is doing her postdoc in Boston on brain cancer research.

There were so many movies it was truly overwhelming, the choices!

We started by watching Priscilla Queen of the Desert, which we have never seen, but en route to Australia seemed to be the right time to watch it. It stars Hugo Weaving and Guy Pearce as drag queens when they are both so young! It was good fun.

Then we watched RBG and learned a lot we never knew!

Dinner of pasta was good and the chocolate mousse was great, also the garlic roll was delish.

Then we slept for 4 hrs.

Then it got really turbulent around Fiji so we were up again. We watched the first half of Smallfoot (MEECHEE) and some Lion King and then most of Ralph Breaks the Internet (even though we never saw the original. We liked the Disney princess part. We liked that Moana was wearing a tshirt that said Shiny.) We tried to watch the Crimes of Grindelwald but we narcoslept through it for another 2 hrs. When we landed something was wrong with the plane so we had to wait an hour on the ground for a tow and we watched the first hour of Interview with a Vampire, hoooo!

Somewhere in the night the empanada arrived but I never saw hide nor hair of the kit Kat, alas.

Breakfast was fruit and a truly delicious muffin, MUFFINS!

We also had a nice tea.

We forgot how funny it is when everyone talks in australian accents and we are giggling a lot! And that they call "eggs" "iggs".

All in all a pretty good flight. The modern plane we were on force dimmed all the windows so we couldn't see the night sky over the Pacific, alas. But we had extra pillows and blankets, yay!

Mostly it was funny that our seat mate was wholesomely watching The Sound of Music most of the time and we were watching Drag Queens and vampires, hoooo snarf!

It appears Ruth can't get us at the airport since she has to deal with the Christchurch tragedy via her government job so we have a bus adventure awaiting us.

But first another 4 hr flight from Melbourne to Wellington!

Nibs out!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Air Muffins

Post by Muffins »

Whoa that is cool you got such a delicious muffin, Nibs.

Was it a herb muffin?

Also don't forget to ask Maki what his favorite dinosaur is!
Nibs

Beignet Bound

Post by Nibs »

Hi bears!

What a whirlwind of a Spring it has been on the travel front. Jumping across the Pacific to see Maki, hiking the redwoods with Mom, and a strange detour to a Philosophy conference in wine country.

It was so much, Lee and I forgot that this week is another trip. We are headed to New Orleans (just South of the DFT bears, same time zone) for a few days for a friend's bday event, with Sam and his NY animator friend who we used to camp with.

Lee used to go to The Big Easy a lot in her VHP days... but she hasn't been there in ~20 years. I wonder what it will be like. Probably pretty humid!

We fly tomorrow and back on Thursday.

Hopefully we can do a bear call on Friday and update you on any interesting foods we come across.

Schlop will remain in the malm in order to win the Plushie Stays in Malm challenge.

#totallytucked
Nibs

Double-Header

Post by Nibs »

Bears are all abuzz over here!

Not only are they eagerly awaiting snack reports... they are also anticipating the excitement of the next few days.

Tomorrow night is Amanda Palmer's There Will Be No Intermission concert and Lee has good seats! Maybe she'll get to high-five Amanda!

Then on Sunday Lee is trekking up North to Luther Burbank to hear whatever Neil might have to say on any given topic. (If bears have any notecard question suggestions, let us know and we'll write them!)

Somewhere in there Lee will also have Schlop ghost-write her last paper of the semester. Pretty exciting! So much going on!
Nibs

Southern Snacks

Post by Nibs »

Hullos!

The bears are all focused on healing Dave, which hopefully is helping! Schlop is occasionally helping Lee finish her last term paper, but mostly sending healing hugs.

Eep! In all the craziness of finals and Workfuzzy melting down, we didn't get a chance to talk about this upcoming trip Lee is going on!

Lee is going on a road trip through the South with her old writing-group buddies. It is a reunion of sorts and was planned a long time ago and snuck up on us!

Lee is visiting these cities, all of which she has never been to before:
* Charleston, SC
* Savannah, GA
* Appalachicola, FL
* Montgomery, AL
* Natchez, MS
* Lafayette, LA

Then the trip ends in New Orleans (Lee was just there) for a few days.

Lee flies to Charleston tomorrow, Friday! Then she will work remotely for WorkFuzzy and bounce around to these towns. Maybe she can talk some sense into the law-makers down there!

Lee flies home to Schlop next Sunday, May 26.

I recently found out that Ariana Grande is doing a show in NOLA while Lee is there, I keep trying to talk her into going!

Anysneech, sorry for the sudden notice! Lee will be online and yammering and helping me do minis while on the road, so it won't change much day-to-day goings ons.

Now back to this final term paper! Go Lee Go!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Gotta go fast!

Post by Muffins »

I heard that Lee is going to race through a forest and she has to go really fast for 3 days. The winner of the race gets to eat a feast at a buffet!

I hope Lee wins and gets to eat some muffins!
Nibs

There and Back Again

Post by Nibs »

Hi Bears,

Breaking News! I am going to go with Lee on her adventure! Wow!

Well I'm not going to go on the part where she sleeps on the ground next to bugs... but I'm going to go and hang out in the tent with her before and after. The part where food happens! I can't wait to see what foodstuffs we get to eat!

I will let you know how it goes.

I hope Lee passes her OWLs and gets high marks on her Wizarding tests! Hoo hoo!

I'll chronicle the adventures and let you know how it goes when we are back on June 9!

Fuzzy hugs to everyone!
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

How old wuzzit

Post by PB »

Didja guys hear about the tree Lee saw when she went camping.

This tree was so old -

it knew Duddles when he had a nose!

PB'd!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Schlops & Dragons

Post by Muffins »

I heard Lee had quite an adventure at Burning Schlop this year. Apparently she became a wizard and was able to recruit a Math Mercenary to play a critical role in defeating an evil cult.

I know it sounds hard to believe - but it's true!
Shnoodles

Lee in the Dreaming

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee aficionados,

Lee is going to go into the dreamworld - how cool is that! Who knows what wonders she will see there. Maybe there will be a Schlop that only talks backwards like in Twin Schlops ("spoom, spooooom"). Or maybe it will be like Schlop in Wonderland and Nibs can eat a cake that makes him bigger. The possibilities are endless!

Hopefully they will have a nice comfortable place for snoozing like Lee found in Schlop No More.
In the SHNOOD!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Rocky Mountain High

Post by Snuffles »

Hi you guys!

Usually it is Nibs who gets to go on adventures with Lee, but somehow my luck turned up and I got to go along for a Cabin Trip in August!

Now, as all bears know, being asked to go to the cabin is a terrifying question. I mean, I thought I was still pretty young and spry and had some more fuzzy years left. But Nibs reassured me that it wasn't a one way ticket so I decided to check it out.

It was pretty great, let me tell you! Lee served me great meals on a new clean checkered table cloth. I got to read stories and sleep in blankets and no animals bothered us except some nearby cows who liked to moooo. It was great to get some fresh air after all our fire smoke in August. And so nice to not have to wear a mask while being outside.

Here are some photos from my trip:
https://imgur.com/gallery/jFK5P3B

Hope we can bring even more bears out for a trip there one day. A two-way trip that is!

Snuffs
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

*blushing*

Post by Snuffles »

Oh wow TankGirl79 has already liked my photo montage on imgur!

A new friend!

Maybe she will split a quesadilla with me sometime!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Into the West

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Lee has formed a new fellowship of bears to head into the West on a quest to find a forest where there is a cabin which has a special window napping spot for Schlop. To get there the party must avoid getting smoky bottoms from forest fires and falling into crevasses from sudden sneechquakes. Only when Schlop gets to his napping spot can he reclaim his crown as the King of the West and the Heir of Fuzzildur.

Schlop is being joined by his usual companions Nibs and Sneeches, as well as by representatives from the flannel bed Snuffles, Shnoodles, Duddles, Petri, and Schlupska. There may or may not be a penguin as well.

We all fervently wish them safe journey.

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight.
Then world behind and home ahead,
We'll wander back and home to bed.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?