Marvel Movies

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Marvel Movies

Post by Shnoodles »

I think we need a whole thread just for discussing the Marvel Universe!

So far there have been 19 Marvel Movies and Gulliver has seen all except the first Hulk movie I believe.

The last movie to come out was Infinity War which was quite shocking to all of us. Particularly the line where Tony Stark asked Dr Strange if he concurred!

We will have to wait until 2019 to see how our heroes will be rescued from wherever they disappeared to. The next movie will be Ant-Man and the Wasp.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Best Stuffie in an Action Movie!

Post by Shnoodles »

Oh my goodness!

I just heard from PEACHES who just got off the phone with SNEECHES who was hanging out with NIBS about Deadpool 2.

Apparently it's the BEST TEDDY BEAR in a LEADING ROLE since Con Air!!

Peaches told me that apparently this bear gets tons of screen time and drives the plot single-handedly.

I did some internet research and found some picks on these articles (beware of spoilers):
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2017 ... teddy-bear
http://whatculture.com/comics/deadpool- ... s-daughter
http://www.zimbio.com/Deadpool+2+Easter ... CPrM-/Hope

You can see this bear from 3 different angles in those 3 links!

Sure looks like he goes through a lot in the film! Sounds like he ends up ok in the end, phew!

Apparently Nibs really liked the film and thought it was full of snarfs and great 80s music.

But given Gulliver's disdain for time travel plots and Ryan Reynolds' smarminess, sounds like we St Louis bears will probably skip this one.

Some great cameos in this too, apparently! Nibs said he's happy to spoil them if we want him to.

Regardless, three cheers for great bears on screen! Hip Hip Fuzzah!
In the SHNOOD!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Ahem

Post by DJ »

Erm, Shnoodles - did you forget you posted about this bear in the Bears on Film thread in August of 2017?

I would expect this kind of forgetfulness from Snowy...

But yes that bear does seem pretty cool and I am glad other bears are supporting his movie career by seeing the movie. Hopefully we will get more bear representation in the future.

Hip Hip Fuzzah indeed.
Zupancakes
Shnoodles

Caught red pawed

Post by Shnoodles »

Ahem.

Perhaps I should stop having my forum posts ghost written or perhaps I should read them closer.

How embarrassing.

It shouldn't take away from this spectacular bear on film's performance though!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Not all bunnies are bears

Post by Shnoodles »

Also Duddles has asked me to print a correction that Con Air starred a bunny and not a bear.

Oof! So many blunders, sometimes it makes me wonder, why I even bring the thunder...
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Fuzzy earmuffs in place

Post by Nibs »

Alright bear friends....

We are herby deploying the FUZZY CONE OF SILENCE to help us avoid ALL SPOILERS for End Game starting today through whenever we see the movie in a few weeks!

I saw a funny tweet that said "Dr Strange watched End Game thousands of times and didn't spoil it, neither should you." Hoo hoo!

#spoilerfreesince93
Nibs

Mum!

Post by Nibs »

Lee and I saw End Game last night.

But we have to keep mum for a while.

Although we did receive Honorable Mention for not needing to use the bathroom during the entire 3 hr film!

For others who are not so masterful with their bladders this article gives advice on when to duck out. But best not to read it to avoid even ultra-vague spoilers. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/aveng ... 0-6466426/

Anysneech, mum mum mum mum mum.
Nibs

I am.... Mum

Post by Nibs »

Word on the street is that Mom is arriving to Sneech Louis tomorrow.

Which means End Game might be watched in the next few days!

Mum Mum Mum in the meantime.
Shnoodles

No more Tom?

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Spidey guys,

I just heard the craziest rumor that Spider-man will no longer be part of the MCU and will go back to being owned by Sony.

Does this mean that Tom Holland will still be Spider-man?

I know Peaches and Sneeches are big fans of his umbrella dancing, so it would be a shame to see him hang up his Spidey-suit.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Low-Key excited

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Jotunheim guys,

The next series in the Marvel streamy-verse is Loki and it starts in 3 days! There will be 6 episodes total and each one drops on a Wednesday. I even heard rumblings that Nibs might be interested in checking the series out (since he is a fan of the actor Tom Nibbleston).

Anysneech, I might need a bit of a refresher before starting the series - I don't remember exactly what happened with Loki when we last saw him.

I was thinking it would be pretty cool if the show was about Loki getting a dog and then the dog and Loki go off on space adventures.
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Looking forward to Loki

Post by Nibs »

Hi hi hi!

Lee and I are very excited about watching Episode 1 of Loki today (even though it's a tv show and this is a movie thread, but hey, I'll follow Shnoodles' lead)!

Lee and I have been big fans of Loki since Thor 2 (we still never have seen Thor 1 in its entirety) and we even watched High-Rise where Loki co-stars with Jeremy's Iron (although we had to walk out because the movie was too disturbing for us).

Anysneech, excited to see what happens next with Loki tonight!

Hoo hoo!
Shnoodles

Variants of unusual size

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Mobius guys,

We got to watch episode 1 of Loki yesterday and discuss it. Nibs is not a big fan of the science-fiction bureaucracy genre but hopefully the show will move out of the TVA offices by next week. I am hoping it will be like Where in Time is Carmen SandyEggos - Lee is one of the best players ever at that game!

Some are speculating that the big bad will be Kang the Conqueror who is from the year 3000 and is blue. Duddles however thinks it is going to involve Señor Scratchy.

If you guys could go anywhere in time, where would you go?

I think I would go to Lewis and Clark's time so I could ride in a canoe with them!
In the SHNOOD!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Muffinsaurus

Post by Muffins »

Hey Shnoodles, good question.

I would go back to the time of the dinosaurs so I could see all the different dinos.

And maybe look for a Schlopasaurus
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Shnoodles

Schlopchantress

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you nexus guys,

We have now watched episode 2 of Loki - although I heard Peaches had to watch it twice because he was too narcosleepy the first time.

Anyshnood, lots of exciting stuff happened - Loki figured out the lesser Loki was hiding in times right before aschlopalypses and they discovered the variant is a lady who has the power of touching people and then controlling them with green magic. Exciting!

As usual Lee is two steps ahead of the television writers and she is predicting that Loki's true goal is to save Asgard - wow!

Duddles on the other hand is predicting that Owen Wilson will ride in a jet ski - huh?

Can't wait to see what happens next in episode 3!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Blankets in the void

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you variant guys,

We are now only 1 week away from the Loki finale - I can't believe how fast it has gone!

In the penultimate episode Loki and Sylvie wound up in the Void where a scary cloud named Alioth tried to eat them. Loki and Sylvie combined their powers (by holding paws) and were able to enchant the cloud. They now will find out who is beyond the void and is behind the TVA.

Who do you guys think it will be?

Another Loki variant? Kang the Conqueror? Mordo the Sorceror? Señor Scratchy?

One big moment in the episode was where Sylvie pointed out the blanket Loki conjured wasn't very snuggly. Maybe in the final episode Loki will learn how to make a snugglier blanket.

Bears are excited to see how it all ends!
In the SHNOOD!