Sneechmas '18 Bear Trip

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Chewy on the inside

Post by DJ »

At first I was a bit miffed that I was not asked to return for the holidays, like last year. But then I realized it was probably just another mixup and Peaches accidentally took my spot, we do look so alike. No hard feelings!

I have been salivating over all the delectable foodstuffs that are apparently happening over there. Pumpkin pie! Banana bread! Raspberry Chocolate Ghirardelli squares! I need to get Duddles to open those Lindor's ASAP to even out the situation.

But I heard that a few days ago a bobcat was encountered on a hike. Oh dear, no thank you no. I probably look like a tasty dumpling to a bobcat.

I am very glad to be very far from all predatory cats. But wishing best of luck to Peaches, stay safe out there.

I haven't heard any talk of pancakes, waffles, or biscuits and gravy. Breakfast so far sounds pretty dull. Another huge relief! Glad I got in on last year's trip instead where fancy breakfasts at NotchSchlop were the norm.
Zupancakes
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Iron Chef

Post by Nibs »

Whoa, where does DJ get all this food intel? We have a mole!

Anysneech, Day Three was the Day of Great Cooking.

We started with some *delicious* oatmeal (thank you very much, DJ, it's really quite good). Then we cooked and prepped Picnic Chicken in the crockpot! Without batting an eye, we dove straight into making pasta salad! Fresh and delicious and chilling in the fridge. And to keep things epic, we followed it up with a fantastic banana bread!! Even better than I remember it, incredible!

No sooner was that done, then it was time for wraps and Lee ate some pasta salad.

Somewhere in there we won THREE games of Pandemic Legacy and explored the trails around the old Synanon cult grounds.

Then we rounded out the day of Epic Foodstuffs with a pumpkin pie! Inconceivable!

Lee won 3 handed cribbage. No one felt un-fuzzy today!

Schlop spotted many birds and then we saw the pinkest of all sunsets, even pinker than yesterday!

Stu and I got to hang out with Heidi too.

A fuzzy day by all accounts!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

salivating

Post by DJ »

Confidential snources confirm more foodstuffs:

Grilly Burritos.
Acai Bowls.
Goobers.
Extra bananas.
Enchischlopas.
Pie.

Also apparently there were Staves but I'm not sure what that is but I probably want to also eat it.
Last edited by DJ on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zupancakes
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Hoooooo!

Post by Duddles »

Pamplemousse!

Hoo hoooooo!
Where's Petri?
Nibs

The eve's eve

Post by Nibs »

Whatthe.

This thread is getting more Fake News than a regular Fox News Cycle.

Anysneech...

Today we went to the gym and Lee did workfuzzy tasks instead of gains. (Gains of a different sort?)
Then we wandered around Fairfax and saw Into the Spiderverse. Pretty cool and fancy chairs! It certainly wins for most times 'Goober' was said on film.

Then we made advanced Enchischlopas and Neil read us a A Christmas Carol.

Now the bears are quite nestled all snug in their beds
While visions of the new board game dance through their heads.

What will it be!!!
Goober
New Bean

You rang?

Post by Goober »

Hubbada Hooooooooooooo!
"Let's go find some cookies, I'm hungry."
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Mmmm ok no

Post by DJ »

Well now there's no question that I'm glad I didn't stow away in any backpacks to come on this trip.

A wind storm.
Apparently many Disney villains showed up and even though Aladdin and Abu snagged the lamp, Jafar prevailed.
Leftovers for lunch!
Disease everywhere and no one can stop it.

Im very pleased to be tucked into these flannel sheets.

Merry Christmas to one and all. Hope all the bears survive the trip.
Zupancakes
Nibs

The true true

Post by Nibs »

You know....

That's pretty close, DJ.

Let's just leave it at that.

We are going to see Mary Poppins tomorrow! Paws crossed!
Nibs

Adieu

Post by Nibs »

Hm... no word from DJ.

Guess the channel of intel must have fallen quiet. Perhaps someone switched sides? Perhaps someone who now has snazzy soft socks and a stunning red scarf? Just saying.

We managed to win in Pandemic today, passing June with a bang! Hoorah! Heroes!

Lee and I counted and we played 11 game of Pandemic in 4 days! Also 2 games of Villainous and 1 3-handed cribbage and 1 2-handed cribbage and 1 Citadels. Holy smokes!

Plus we feasted. And saw Mary Poppins which Lee and Mom were stoked about. And Spiderverse, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

We heard Neil present to us a bunch of disturbing short stories on BBC radio, hooo.

Now it all winds down.

The Sun
Has Gone
To Bed and so must I!

Gooood byeeeeeeeee!