Lord of the Schlops

A lot of exciting things happen each day and night on the telly. Finally, here's a place to discuss... without being censored.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Lord of the Schlops

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Tolkien guys,

As we all know the Lord of the Schlops takes up a prime spot in our cultural pantheon. Lee is a renowned authority on the Peter Jackson trilogy and is also the last female Ent!

The follow-up Schlobbit movies were... how should I say this? A bit of a letdown. (Although the music was stellar)

I bet you thought every Lord of the Schlop's story had been told - but now there is going to be a new Amazon series that will explore stories that preceded the Fellowship of the Schlops. We're talking back in the day when it was Gandalf the Pink!

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lord-of ... 202613609/

What do you guys think of this news? What stories would you most like to see? Do you think I could play Tom Bombadil?
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

The pines were roaring.....

Post by lee »

Wow Shnoodles!

I can't believe there's a whole new possibility for more Lord of The Rings stories to be told!

Hoo hoo, Gandalf the Pink!

What a scoop this is. I hope it will be good. Does Amazon make good shows? Has any bear ever seen an Amazon show yet?

I'm excited for more tales of Middle Earth!

Having never read much aside from the main Trilogy and the Schlobbit, I don't know much about what happened pre-Frodo but I'd be excited to learn. Maybe some more elf plot lines!

Bears think we should get fully on board and invested in this and I agree!
Shnoodles

What news from the Mark?

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Derndingle guys,

Amazon just announced the start date of the new Lord of the Schlops series which will be Schloptember 2, 2022. It will stream one episode per week so that will give us bears lots of time to discuss each episode!

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/lord-o ... 235032768/

The series takes place thousands of years before Frodo and friends, but I still hope there will be some familiar faces like Legoschlops Greenleaf who was 2,931 years old... almost as old as Duddles!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

The Schlops of Power

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Galadriel groupies,

Wow, I didn't realize I started this thread 5 years ago and now the The Lord of the Schlops: The Schlops of Power is going to air in just 8 days!

Us bears have watched a plethora of trailers - some bears think it might be a bit too self-serious and full of portentous pomp, yet others are quite excited by the awesome action scenes. Snuffles in particular was wowed by how Galadriel took the sword from her dead brother and then used it to free solo the last Tepui in Middle Earth!

Lee will be away at Burning Schlop so us bears will wait to watch it until she gets back.

Cool!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

And you have my Bowie

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Harfootians,

I have been working hard to avoid any spoilers of this new LotR show until Lee gets home from Burning Schlop. But the other day I did have a dream where David Bowie from Labyrinth started talking to me about the show - also Duddles was there too. The dream went a little something like this:

Image You remind me of the lord

Image What lord?

Image The lord of the rings

Image What rings?

Image The rings of power

Image What power?

Image The power of Voodoo

Image Hoo doo?

Image You do

Image Do what?

Image Remind me of the lord!

Weird, huh?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

He fell from the sky, he fell very far

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Durin guys,

Yesterday we talked all about the first 2 episodes The Schlops of Power and I'm happy to report that us bears are enjoying the show so far!

Nibs made two big breakthroughs - he noticed Galadrial's paper boat became a swan which matches her swan boat in the PJ movies, and he also predicted that the glowing item in the mysterious treasure chest is mythril - wow!

There was also discussion about who the human on the raft with Galadrial might be - could he be an ancestor of Aragorn or perhaps Sauron in disguise - scary! Also most bears think the mysterious Stranger who fell from the sky is Gandalf even though one person online thought it was a Balrog.

Lee was less into Arondir the elf but Peaches and Sneeches were really into chanting "Khazad" and "Dum" just like the dwarves.

Exciting!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Don't leave the path

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Numenorians,

All bears have now caught up with episode 3 and we got to discuss it last night!

Not too much happened plot-wise - I guess the big thing was Galadriel went to a lore library and found out that the mark of Sauron is actually a map to Mordor. Also the Southland elves tried unsuccessfully to escape from the Orcs and the Harfoots began their migration with the help of maybe-Gandalf. Oh, we also met Isildur who will play a big role later on.

Episode 4 is up next - maybe we will find out who Adar is and if he is also Sauron. Exciting!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

It was Halbrand all along

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Annatar-stans,

Sorry that I dropped off with my episode recaps - the disruption was because Nibs and Sneeches and Duddles were called away to rescue the St Louis bears much like how the Numenorians sailed off to save the Southlanders, but at least this time it didn't end in Mt Doom exploding!

Anyhoo - let me try to sum up what happened. Galadriel and the Numenorians came to help the Southlanders but Arondir did such a bad job of hiding the sword-key that Adar was able to find it and create Mt Doom. Halbrand got a mysterious wound that required elf medicine which brought him to Celebrimbor's forge. Galadriel did some research and realized Halbrand is actually Sauron! Sauron went off to Mordor while the elves made 3 rings of power - combining mithril with the gold from melting down the dagger of Galadriel's dead brother.

Meanwhile it was revealed that maybe-Gandalf is most-probably-Gandalf when he defeated the mystics - and now he is off to the unknown land of the east called Rhun, with Nori coming along (but no Poppy sadly).

In other plotlines, Isildur remains trapped somewhere in Mordor with his horse looking for him, the Queen of Numenor lost her vision and her father died, and there is a Balrog awake in Khazad Dum!

Whew, I think that about covers it. While we await season 2 the bears have decided to do a rewatch of the PJ trilogy and so far we have finished Fellowschlop and are watching Two Towers - cool!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Stew memes

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Bears of the Mark,

We are currently working our way through the Two Towers and got to a funny scene where Eowin made stew for Aragorn but it wasn't very tasty and Aragorn had to pretend to like it. Then Lee told us how lots of memes have been made about the stew and there was much snarfing as we checked out the memes.

We sure are lucky to have a true Lord of the Schlop's expert like Lee to fill us in on all these extra details about the movie!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

the Battle for Middle Schlop is about to begin

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Rohirrimians,

We have now completed The Two Schlops and are about to beginning the final movie in the trilogy - the Return of the Schlop!

Lee pointed out how when the Ents broke the dam to flood Isengard it was similar to how Adar flooded the tunnels to create Mount Doom - she is so perceptive!

I sure hope nothing bad happens to Sam and Frodo on the pass of Cirith Ungol!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

The End of all Things

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you eagles fans,

We finally did it! After a journey of many months, us bears have finished our epic rewatch of the Lord of the Schlops trilogy (the number one trilly)!

It was quite an adventure, the ring proved too powerful for Frodo to destroy, but Gollum showed up to fight for the ring while led to Gollum and the ring falling into Mount Doom. Frodo was able to hold on to the edge of the cliff even though he now only has nine fingers.

Lee discovered an amazing parallel with how Sam rescues Frodo from the pit of fire contrasting with how Frodo rescued Sam from the river. Good job Lee!

In the end Frodo had to sail off to the West since some wounds never heal - if only he had the power of Schlop hugs!

And just when we thought we were done - Peaches and Sneeches somehow managed to convince us to start on a new journey watching The Schlobbit trilogy (not the number one trilly). I am excited though to see Beorn who can turn into a bear!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlobbit completed

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Beorn bears,

Us bears finally finished the Schlobbit trilogy right before it will disappear forever from Amazon Prime!

The last movie had everything: Elrond and Saruman took on the Nazgul ("You should have remained dead!"), Legalos flew around on a bat, an eagle dropped Beorn who then transformed into a bear to fight the orcs, and there were also Were Worms straight out of Dune!

It was quite a journey - and a sad ending for Kili and Fili so all us bears are sending lots of hugs to Peaches and Sneeches!
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

No one walks alone

Post by Nibs »

Oh dear!

I hope this doesn't affect Rings of Power Season 2!

https://variety.com/2024/streaming/news ... 235867454/
Nibs

The Great Deceiver

Post by Nibs »

Oh wow, this guy thinks it was all Rings of Power's fault!

Nooooo!

https://thatparkplace.com/after-the-lor ... t-layoffs/