Hannukah presents

This forum focuses on how cool Schlop is and other subtopics as such.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Presents en route

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys, big news.

Lee and Schlop got all excited about some presents to send Dave and they went online and ordered them already!! So I guess you'll get some Hanukah gifts early this year.

Maybe we'll send something else during the actual Hanukah time too.

Keep an eye out.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Chanoonakah

Post by Snuffles »

You're sending snuffleupagus via the post? Do you think he can fit??

I'll stay on the lookout for him. What do you want for Chanoonakah in return? I can either get you a gift or I can get one for Schlop. Let me know...
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Nibs

Gifts from the Heart

Post by Nibs »

Wow, look at this ancient thread I just unearthed!

No one has touched it since 2005! It still has that pre-smartphone smell, hoo hoo!

Anyway, why is this Hannukah different from all other Hannukahs? This year the Bear Council decided that no gifts will be exchanged (much to Schlop's dismay as he really had his heart set on some new butter knives and another blanket) but instead we will both send each other something that we created ourselves!

How exciting!

We didn't get our gifts together in time for actual Hannukah, which snuck in so early in November, but bears hear that perhaps we will still send each other something by Sneechmas!

Duddles and I have a few ideas up our sleeves!
Nibs

Duddles goes up... Duddles goes down

Post by Nibs »

Hi bear friends!

Wow, this year's experiment of no-purchased-gift giving has been a success!

The St Louis bears made the world's most amazing Jeopardy game for us Forest bears, that deeply rewarded Sneeches' fervent practice of memorizing all the Elf types in the Dragon Prince kingdom! It was soooo cool because that category also combined movie titles- we bears are still yammering about it daily. The other categories were amazing too since it was such a thoughtful overview of all the things we've read and watched and talked about this year. Really, that gift was incredible! Plus we got to play it together and share a cool experience of it together! (You can see all the questions here: viewtopic.php?p=4962#p4962 )

On our end, we Forest Bears attempted something a little beyond our skill that took a lot of tries to create, but we eventually got there! We made a card where you can tuck certain bears into the bed and get MAGE WING hugs from time to time hoo hoo. It was super fun to learn how to do paper-craft and make pull-tabs to move bears around!

I'd love to share some behind the scenes photos!

Here's what a normal day in our world looks like, when all of us are neatly tucked. This was the inspiration image.

Then after realizing her drawing skills weren't up to snuff(les), Lee made us all pose for a photo shoot, hoo hoo. It was fun to be a bear model. The hardest was getting Sneeches to keep his paws open!

HOO HOO SNARF!

Then Lee used a red folder to create the "bed" and tucked us all in. It took a few tries to get the pull-tabs working, which is why Sneeches' tab has an extra bit taped onto it. Here's what it looked like before the coloring began. This part makes me snarf a lot!

Then Lee took out her crayons and started turning the bed into a FLANNEL bed, hoo hoo! She wasn't anticipating that the crayons would be a little messy tho, so we added the white paper to try to soak up any overflow of crayon color. Hopefully the card isn't too messy!

As you know, the real bed has 3 pillows and no bear is ever without a pillow. But we scoped it down to 2 pillows since it looked better. We were excited that the blue pillow gets to be a part of this!

Our goal was to have Sneeches start tucked and then pop up with MAGE WING HUGS for PEACHES.
We wanted Schlop to just have ears poking out and then pop up every now and then for hugs.
And we wanted Duddles to get to be tucked in!

(There has been some concern that Duddles never sleeps on his back. This is true, but we wanted his smile to really shine in a happy Snoopy type of vibe.)

We thought about allowing every bear to move, but it already took us 12 hours to get it this far, so we decided to let me and Snuffles and Shnoodles keep sleeping where we are! Also a quick shout out and hug to Petri who is usually in the big bed but didn't get featured in this card.

Anysneech, it was a fun undertaking and we hope it helps Dave and the St Louis bears know how much they mean to us!

We really like them!