Tech

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Tech

Post by Nibs »

Hey Snuffs,

What do you think of the new MacBook Air Burrito?

http://www.apple.com/macbookair/
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

test post

Post by mini-nibs »

please ignore!
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

You were so caught up with whether you could...

Post by Nibs »

I heard that MiniNibs is making a new technology to notify us when forum posts happen.

"So you're genetically modifying the Schlop forums? Not....a good idea...."

Thanks MiniNibs!
Nibs

Logging a bug ticket

Post by Nibs »

Hmm still no notifications...

back to the drawing board mini-me!

(get it, cause I'm Nibs)
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Hrmmmph

Post by mini-nibs »

Shnoodles posted about Paddington yesterday but my email bot failed to send an email about it. It appears there is some sort of error in the matrix. Don't worry guys I will try to work on it, and hopefully Normal Service will be Resumed as Soon as Possible.

WE APOLOGIZE OF THE INCONVENIENTS
Care for a little Nibs?
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Does this go here???

Post by peaches »

Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
Nibs

is this thing on

Post by Nibs »

Hey DJ and Peaches,

Just checking in on what became of that new iPad. It seems a general malaise has overtaken the flannel bed bears when it comes to technology, now that over 2 months have passed.

Perhaps MiniNibs can kickstart things with the help of Huggin and Muggin this weekend?

The world of hires PEACH PICS lies just at your fingertips.
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Bear hackz0rs

Post by mini-nibs »

http://gawker.com/russian-government-ha ... 1781960847

Hey guys, there are two Russian bear hackers on the loose that have hacked the Democrats. One of them is named Cozy Bear and the other is Fancy Bear.

Obviously the Schlop site is a top target for these nefarious bears so we will have to really batten down the hatches to make sure they don't infiltrate our top-secret databases. You know what that means Nibs - eternal vigilance!

To be on the safe side, make sure you be wary if you come across any particularly fancy bears on the bed or anything. These guys could strike at any time in cyber-space and bed-space.

Stay safe guys!
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Nibs saved the forums!

Post by mini-nibs »

OMG - this morning I noticed my forum bot was down and when I tried to go to the forums it was just a blank page where the forums used to be. I started to panic that the entire forums were gone!

Luckily Nibs saved the day by getting the Time Stone and traveling back in time to restore the forums before they vanished!

Three fuzzahs for Nibs!

I am going to start working on a way to back up the forums just in case something bad would happen in the future!
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Re: Tech

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey guys - sorry for the delay with getting the forum emailer up and running!

I know how important the forum is for us bears to stay connected. Hopefully the forum checker will work okay now.

I heard Nibs had a feature request to check each topic for new posts instead of just each forum - so I will work on that next!
Care for a little Nibs?
Schlop
The One and Only

*nod*

Post by Schlop »

MEEP of approval
Meep Mop Moop
Nibs

Forums Reloaded

Post by Nibs »

Wow, I can't believe the forums are back in action!

First they got an upgrade from the Philippines, now a new script. Incredible!

There's a lot to catch up on since the bears all hung out together for four months!

And we are living in such turbulent times- we must band together digitally!

Here's to a new chapter!
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

DeepSchlop

Post by mini-nibs »

Deep learning neural nets are solving many of the toughest scientific problems - you may have heard about DeepMind's recent success with protein folding. Well, now they are being applied to the most important problem of all - identifying bears! I know we all have faced the difficulties of trying to tell Peaches apart from Sneeches - but now there is hope!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/22/tech/fac ... index.html

Bear scientists traditionally used unique features for IDing a bear:
"I use individual characteristics — say, one bear has a nick in its ear or a scar on the nose," she said.
Or perhaps - no nose at all!
But Clapham knows most people don't have her eye for detail, and the bears' appearances change dramatically over the course of a year — such as when they get winter coats and fatten up before denning — which makes it even harder to distinguish between, say, Toffee and Blonde Teddy.
Hmmm... how long is DJ planning to be denning exactly?
Tracking individual bears is important, she explained, because it can help with research and conservation of the species; knowing which bear is which could even help with problems like figuring out if a certain grizzly is getting into garbage cans or attacking a farmer's livestock.
Or which bear has been stealing tuna cans from the pantry during the night!
Proponents of the technology, such as Clapham, say it's a cheaper, longer-lasting, less invasive (and with animals such as bears, less dangerous) way to track animals than, say, attaching a collar or piercing an ear to attach an RFID tag.
Although an ear piercing would look pretty bad-ass, I think.
The trio has since gathered thousands of bear photos from Knight Inlet and Brooks River to create data sets, and adapted existing artificial intelligence software called Dog Hipsterizer (used, naturally, to add silly mustaches and hats to pictures of dogs) to spot bear faces in their images.
Whoa - I would like to try out Bear Hipsterizer - it sounds like a blast!
Care for a little Nibs?
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Pick up your crumbs

Post by Muffins »

I heard from Peaches who heard from Gulliver who heard from DJ who heard from mini-nibs who heard from Nibs that there has been a serious issue with bears spilling crumbs while browsing the forums!

Apparently some of you guys (not naming names) have been eating snacks while browsing the forum and in the process leaving a trail of breadcrumbs all through the Schlop site!

This is very bad because the crumbs can end up in Schlop's bed and in his blankets - and we all know how particular Schlop is about keeping crumbs out of his blankets.

So make sure you guys are crumb-free when browsing the forums!
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

testing 1-2-3

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey everyone - sorry about the forum mail-bot going down for the past few months - I'm hopeful it is working now again!
Care for a little Nibs?