Freebies

Food is a very important topic on these forums. We now have a new category devoted entirely to it (including any and all muffins, pancakes, and pastries).
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Freebies

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Sometimes we get freebies. I'm not sure where they come from. Sometimes they are food. Sometimes they are Cheetos.

Look at these new Cheetos I just got. They are 'Flaming Hot and Cheesy' which it says is a new flavor. Probably I am the only one around who has these new Cheetos.

I think I will try them for a snack tomorrow. I will post here about how it goes.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

A free pizza!

Post by Gulliver »

I tweeted and then they sent me a free pizza. At first I was worried because I didn't have any way to buzz in the delivery man, so I just waited by the door and reread some of Fun Home. Then he showed up and gave me the pizza.

It was from California Pizza Kitchen and had some pepperonis on it. They also included some bread and olive oil. I had a few slices and will save some for snacking on in the days to come.

Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Cheetos update

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I know lots of you are probably waiting to hear how the Cheetos were. Well today I ate half the bag of Cheetos. The reason for this is because it was 560 calories total and that seemed like a lot. So I can have the rest tomorrow for a snack.

But you're probably saying, "But how were the Cheetos?" Well, the answer to that is they were quite good. In fact the bag contained a mixture of two types of Cheetos - one type (I will call type A) was long and bendy and the other type (type B) was like a waffle fry circular shape. They seemed to have different tastes but both were cheesy. There were also some smaller pieces but I wasn't sure if they were just type A pieces that had gotten made smaller in the Cheeto process.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

More about those Cheetos

Post by Gulliver »

I just finished off the bag of Cheetos and have some exciting updates. It turns out there was far more going on in that bag Cheetos-wise than I realized at first. What I thought was a mixture of two Cheetos types was in actuality four Cheetos types. In fact if you look very closely at the picture I posted above you will see these 4 types are:

Cheddar jalapeno (waffle circle)

Cheddar (worm shape)

Double Cheddar (Smaller shape I had noted previously but confused with being a shortened worm)

Flamin' Hot a shape I didn't come across on my first snacking expedition

So you may be asking why didn't I see the Flamin' Hot Cheetos yesterday. Well to answer that you first have to know what a Flamin' Hot Cheeto looks like: it is scraggly and thinner than the puffy worms. Consequently, the Flamin' Hot Cheetos all migrated to the bottom of the bag as they were able to snake through the porous Cheetos holes. Since I ate half the bag starting from the top I came across zero Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

I think the moral of this story is that you should give your Cheetos bag a good shake to evenly distribute all Cheetos varieties before snacking.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Baklaschlop

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I got some baklava in the mail.

It seems kind of small.

I will probably eat it later in one gulp.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Bagel no shmear

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I get a free bagel from Panera every day for February. According to mini-nibs' calculations that is 29 free bagels since this year is a leap year. I will be going to Sandy Eggos for 5 days so I am not sure if I will get bagels those days.

I will edit this post with what bagel I got each day:

Day 1: Cinammon Swirl & Raisin bagel (pretty good, needs more raisins)
Day 2 (Groundschlop Day): French toast bagel (it was scrumptious!)
Day 3: Blueberry bagel (good)
Day 4: Chocolate chip bagel (good, my paws got a bit chocolate-y)
Day 5: Asiago Cheese bagel (I came late and it was the last bagel available - but it was good! Light and fluffy)
(Free Bagels interrupted with trip to Sandy Eggo)
Day 11: Everything bagel (Lee's favorite)
Day 12: Cinammon crunch (quite a treat)
Day 13: Whole grain (gotta stay healthy with all these free bagels)
Day 14: Plain bagel (tasted like blueberries)
Day 15: Everything bagel (I added peanut butter and it was too chewy)
Day 16: Whole grain (the lady at Paneras calls me 'hon' each day)
Day 17: Cinammon Swirl & Raisin (today she called me 'my dear')
Day 18: Blueberry (Everything tastes like bagels now)
Day 19: Chocolate chip (bagels in the morning...)
Day 20: French toast (bagels in the evening...)
Day 21: Everything (bagels at supper time)
Day 22: Cinammon Swirl & Raisin (all is bagels now)
Day 23: Blueberry (I am become bagel)
Day 24: Whole grain (these bagels are making me thirsty)
Day 25: French toast (You like bagels, huh?)
Day 26: Everything (Well how about having all the bagels in the world!)
Day 27: Chocolate chip (Imagine you are walking on a giant bagel...)
Day 28: Mystery bagel (... and no matter how far you walk...)
Day 29: Cinammon Swirl & Raisin bagel (... you will always end up where you started)
Last edited by Gulliver on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:23 am, edited 10 times in total.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Freebie Eggo

Post by Gulliver »

There sure were a lot of freebies when I journeyed out to Sandy Eggo this month. For example, grapes, almonds, football cookies, pastries, everything bagels, guacamole, etc and so on.

But by far the best freebie was when Lee and I discovered a long line of people. What were they waiting for? For yogurt, it turns out. I got to get two cups of yogurt of all kinds of flavors, and we used a special technique to consolidate the yogurt to maximize topping area. Luckily I was able to get them back home without spilling a single morsel.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Guac & Snarf

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Today I walked all the way to Chipotle for a free burrito. It was a scary moment when the cashier said my code had already been used, but they let me have the burrito anyway. Phew!

Afterwards I walked past a sandwich shop I guess Sneeches owns... didn't know he was into sandwich retail. Then I stopped by to see how Kali was handling the February heat.

Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Have you been to Sesame St?

Post by Nibs »

Hey Gulliver,

Stu was wondering why you haven't tried a Sesame Bagel yet?

That's his favorite flavor.

-Stu's Secretary, Nibs
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Pizza! ... with cheese on it!

Post by Snuffles »

I got a pizza!

Peaches tweeted and then he gave me the pizza!

Thanks Peaches!

"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Cheesy sticks

Post by mini-nibs »

Cool, Gulliver tweeted to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and got me a free pizza with cheesy sticks.

Peaches also tweeted and for awhile the specter of 2 pizzas hovered over the household... but in the end only one pizza arrived.
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

Sample Supersize!

Post by Nibs »

Guys!

I've heard that the long awaited WHOLE FOODS has opened and it is full of friendly folk handing out snacks-for-the-taking at all times on all days!

It's a cornucopia for the St Louis bears!

It's almost like they found the cheat-code to life and can now sample all the wares that exist only in that one remote cave beyond the Fertile Crescent!

Hopefully we'll get to hear about snacks, both tasty and middling, that come from this jackpot.

HAPPY SNACKING!!!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

The tales are true

Post by Gulliver »

Yes it's true what you say Nibs. Although I am not sure what you mean by the Fertile Crescent (but Duddles seemed to get the reference).

Today we got some granola, some kind of cracker thing, a pickle, some salsa, 4 different cheeses, some Merlot, some mint chocolate things.

One lady was handing out T-shirts but she said we had to have a dog to get one and she said Snuffles didn't count as a dog.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Freebie Day

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Today for breakfast I got a free Chick-Fila egg white chicken griddle.

Then I got this trifecta of freebies from Sam's Club. It's lettuce and cookies and also a pizza that you cook yourself. The pizza was quite big so Snuffles carried one corner and Shnoodles, Muffins, and Peaches carried the other 3 corners. I cooked it on a pan but next time I would try cooking it directly on the oven rack to get crispier crust.

Nibs

Whole Foods Decoded

Post by Nibs »

Today we got the secret instructions on how to maximize a free-snack trip through Whole Foods. Logging this here for posterity!

Enter through front revolving door
on left will be caramel/cheese popcorn - get a pawful of those
veer left through salad bar - look for possible chips and dip
Head towards bakery - go to the counter for cookies!
Also look to the left for possible bagel/bread samples - here is where we carbo load!
Now head right - look for possible cinammon role station here - it's not always there but when it is that is a BONUS
Keep going straight - yogurts will be on the left but don't get distracted!
Avoid any interior aisles - no samples there
Turn the sharp corner to the right - be careful not to bump into Gary and Susan at this point
1st cheese option will be on the left - this is optional
2nd cheese option will follow shortly - sometimes this will involve spreadable crackers
Keep an eye on the meat counter - a rib-eye or salmon sample is the biggest BONUS but don't be disappointed if it is empty
Now cut through produce - usually we can count on a chip station with guac and salsa. Usually the guac will be scraped dry so salsa might be the only option.
On a few occassions there is a fruit station as well but not lately!
Leave through the side door after pretending you got an urgent phone call on your ipod. Leave with a purpose but don't look suspicious!